It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are alone in the universe, I'll kill myself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That's how much I believe just the opposite. Does anyone else hold a similar belief? I find it 100% impossible that we are alone even in our own galaxy.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I find it highly improbable that most people would kill themselves over a belief. Oh wait, then there's religion.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

No I would not kill myself. There are things out there that we dont' know about, and probably won't know for oh..perhaps another couple of thousand years.

There is some evolving that neeeds to be done before we are ever introduced to the galactic community.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

How would you ever be able to prove it one way or the other?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i just posted something similar myself a few minutes ago on another thread, i said i would rather not know anything than get told we are alone as the human animal loves a mystery and it would just ruin it for me getting told that!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Point is....even if you were told that were no life in the universe.... WHO told you or could tell you and HOW would they know?

It's not possible....at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am convinced I will never know any extraterrestrial life and I'm prepared not to kill myself to prove it.

Who cares unless things change......have fun with this life here first.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Who cares unless things change......have fun with this life here first.

You tell 'Em mate

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
That's how much I believe just the opposite.

So you are so convinced you are correct, that you would kill yourself if proved otherwise. Bit Strong isn't it. What happened to eating ones hat

Does anyone else hold a similar belief? I find it 100% impossible that we are alone even in our own galaxy.

I don't believe i would kill myself proved otherwise!!! I do share the same belief that we are not alone in this universe however

[edit on 26-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm not trying to prove anything, you people didn't understand my original message. I was saying that if we'll alone in the universe, meaning we're the most intelligent species in existence that it would be such a sad revelation that I would rather kill myself then keep on living with the knowledge that the human species is the best thing the universe could come up with.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

If thats the only thing that keeps you alive,I would have to say thats pretty sad..Like said above,who would have the ultamite authority to put the verdict of aliens so convincingly that you would off yourself?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We are not alone.There is GOD,maybe you should seek and search for him...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by debz325

Ohh Jebus.

Lets not make this about religion shall we? Thanks.

Anyway, back to the topic.

I can understand what the OP is saying. It would be very sad if Humans were all that there is in this vast ammount of space. Kind of seems like a waste to have created it all in the first place.

But I would rather live on even knowing that then killing myself, what would be the point? You'd be bowing out of your potential to actually further our evolution. Either spiritualy or technology wise.

In the event such a thing would happen, I would immediatly try even harder to be somebody who will be remembered. Attempt to do something with my life that helped others and would do so with the intention of moving forward the human experience.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I'm not trying to prove anything, you people didn't understand my original message. I was saying that if we'll alone in the universe, meaning we're the most intelligent species in existence ....

Oh make your mind up....1st it's "alone" and now it's "the most intelligent..."

No wonder you think we don't understand!

Anyway....what about all the other universes, will you kill yourself in them too?

A kinda mass-multi-universal suicide pact because you couldn't talk to eachother.

What if one of your other parallel selfs finally arrived in this universe to find you dead and buried. Bummer!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
personally i wouldnt kill myself but have u people seen a ufo or an alien because i have and i have to say its a good feeling to no that there is something else but then again it could be some military things

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fire cloud
personally i wouldnt kill myself but have u people seen a ufo or an alien because i have and i have to say its a good feeling to no that there is something else but then again it could be some military things

I just felt like quoting this so I could read it again.

Straight-up, simple and Classic.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I'm not trying to prove anything, you people didn't understand my original message. I was saying that if we'll alone in the universe, meaning we're the most intelligent species in existence that it would be such a sad revelation that I would rather kill myself then keep on living with the knowledge that the human species is the best thing the universe could come up with.

Well to be honest, your 2 line OP doesn't give people much to go on - other than what is posted. PLease do not blame people for not understanding you when you haven't been clear from the onset.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I find it highly improbable that most people would kill themselves over a belief. Oh wait, then there's religion.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

No I would not kill myself. There are things out there that we dont' know about, and probably won't know for oh..perhaps another couple of thousand years.

There is some evolving that neeeds to be done before we are ever introduced to the galactic community.

~Keeper

Some people are purposely hindering our advancement though, but I would assume on some level that it is a test.

We could know more and be way more advanced right now if certain powers were not so.

But I think that the good guys ( for lack of better term ) allow the bad guys to hinder us to a certain extent to test us and see if we can rise above it and see through the bull#.

So far many are doing good, but that is a small percentage compared to those so easily tricked.

Many people won't advanced their beliefs simple due to the fact that they are religious.

Any " god " that would eternally send me to hell for making a mistake which I could learn a valuable lesson from is no true god.

If more people truly believed that , then we could still believe in a higher power, but we could understand that we are one with it and do not serve it , for it is us.

How can we be subservant to ourself?

It's ok to believe in a higher more intelligent absolute infinite consiousness , but to let it run your lives and decision making is foolish and exactly the type of test would are being given.

Most fail though simply because they devote their lives to religion instead of having it be another piece of their life puzzle.

I don't pretend to know everything, but i make sure to not follow a group of people who think they do.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by LucidDreamer85]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

That's how much I believe just the opposite. Does anyone else hold a similar belief? I find it 100% impossible that we are alone even in our own galaxy.

Don't worry about it mate. There is no way we are alone in the universe, just take a look at the latest astronomical figures, astounding.

No reason to kill yourself

top topics

join