It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US declares public health emergency for swine flu

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
QUESTION for anyone to answer ...

I read elsewhere that Obama owns stock in (Ill. based) Baxter and that Baxter makes flu vaccines. I have googled it and searched and can't find info on it. Anyone know about this?

Is Baxter working on a vaccination for this swine/avian/human hybrid flu that is making the rounds????

Yes they do make flu vaccines. My husband works for them. They had a short spot on the news earlier that Baxter was working on the vaccine for this.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Argh. My roommate just got a job at a Hospital.
Great news for me, eh?
Living with a guy who works in the most likely place of any to catch something, in a state that already has Swine flu infections!

[edit on 4/26/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FadeToBlack
Argh. My roommate just got a job at a Hospital.
Great news for me, eh?
Living with a guy who works in the most likely place of any to catch something, in a state that already has Swine flu infections!

[edit on 4/26/2009 by FadeToBlack]

"Tactfully" call him to one side .....

"Ah ..... yeah yeah your bike is safe in the hallway ..... eh , about this swine flu thingy "

A good course bristled yard brush and a bucket of disinfectant.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The fear seems to be spreading as fast if not faster than the virus...

Swine Flu Fears Close Schools in NY, Texas, Calif.

abcnews.go.com...

Cleaning crews spent the day scrubbing down every desk, chair and classroom at a New York City high school. Infected students wore surgical masks as they recovered in their beds. Anxious parents woke their children at night to check their temperature.

The same strain of swine flu that was suspected in the deaths of 86 people in Mexico has infected at least eight students at a large Roman Catholic high school in Queens, and possibly more than 100.

About a dozen students from St. Francis Preparatory school apparently brought back the virus after spending a week in Cancun for spring break. All of the cases were mild.

Swine flu has been confirmed in at least 20 people in the U.S., also in Kansas, California, Texas and Ohio. Many of the victims had recently visited Mexico. The federal government declared a public health emergency to respond to the outbreak.

If this overreaction escalates at a faster rate than the virus perhaps the entire country will be paralyzed by mid-week?

Could be good for video rentals eh?

FEAR is good for you.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Could be good for video rentals eh?

FEAR is good for you.

Families will be spending time together - scrabble anyone ?
Type A personalities will be winding down with a good book -
People will be cooking their own meals instead of going to restaurants -
With the dark - comes light ~

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
As I understand it, this is more dangerous to folks with stronger immune systems, esp folks between 20 to 40.

Now, the range of folks affected in the US has been wider, from 9 years old to about 50, so there's not been that many in the age range that is dangerous to really play out the fatality odds.

JMO.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
I would suggest a full quarantine of the Mexican nation, however brutal that may be. No one leaves Mexico until it is lifted, no exports, nothing can leave.

Things can go in and regular communications can be made to and from there, just that no one leaves or any material goods under any circumstances.

I would expect that things here in the US can more easily be contained with following proper procedures. While we move to contain things leaving Mexico, we can send in needed personnel, supplies, money, etc. until they can get this thing under control down there.

Yeh and while we are at it lets QUARANTINE the damn Americans since they may want to hide here in Canada!!!

Dude you so need to get out more often and realize the world doesn't evolve around the states......

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
This is the real story. Was wondering what they were trying to hide with the torture stories. Keep an eye on this, and be sure to get you vitamins. Def. something to be concerned about.. Any virus that scares the cdc, is something to be concerned about..

Good luck everyone...

Welllll welllllll maybe now they found a use for the FEMA camps huh?? would be a shame to just let those go to waste.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The U.S is not reporting or testing properly. Out of the hundred plus kids sick a St Francis only 9 were even tested for swine flu! The rest were only tested for regular flu and they were positive. How are we supposed to have an accurate count if they are not even testing everyone involved in a large group outbreak?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NATIVO

And we know this how?

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Here Now]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Hmmmm, I dont think thats hardly a US centric thing. The fact of the matter is that the outbreak seems to be spreading rapidly in Mexico.

Add to the fact that there is a large Mexican population here in the US
Add to that there is already alot of movement across the border that is un checked

Its a legit issue to be discussing. Perhaps pointless as its already here, but I suspect if the US population did the same thing Canadians would be discussing the same issue as well eh?

Lets not get our maple leaf in an uproar yet eh?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Some one posted this

Emergency & Disaster Information Service
Take a look at the map
hisz.rsoe.hu...

I'm editing this post because the above link is no longer connecting for me. A friend had attempted connection earlier and had the same problem. Maybe it will become available again.
me is suspicious.

The site was live when I went to it.

I posted this and the site went dead.

Went here and found some strange coincidences. hisz.rsoe.hu...

Haven't had time to go very deep yet but here's an opener.

China shamelessly steals fighter jet technology from Russia

China completes the tests of its latest fighter.(scroll over china on the afore mention site) Chinese engineers say that J-11BS represents the aviation of the fourth generation. Foreign experts say that the Chinese have actually stolen the idea of the fighter jet from Russia. First case April 9th

China’s latest J-11BS fighter was unveiled on April 10. (Scroll over Moscow of afore mentioned site 2nd case of out break)The development of the aircraft is to be finished by the end of 2009. The serial production is to be launched in 2010.

Chinese engineers have not offered anything new. The J-11BS is a two-seated modification of the J-11B, which appeared in China as a result of an international scandal.

China purchased a batch of Su-27 SKK from Russia in 1992. The country later said that it would like to build its own fighters on the Russian license. Russia then received orders for the two-seated version of the same aircraft – Su-30 MKK.

The miracle of the Chinese aircraft-making company Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC)(Strange acronym-US= Strategic Air command) took off in 1998 – the J-11 aircraft, which was actually a licensed product.

China ’s military administration said six years later that it no longer needed licensed fighter jets because their battling capacities did not match the country’s needs,( look for more of this in the news, With the companies taking their tech over to China) as it was said. China had 95 new J-11 aircraft added to its arsenal; the planes virtually represented Russian fighter jets assembled in China.

However, China proved to be unable to develop the production of aircraft engines, and the country continues to purchase Russian engines for Su-27 MKK and Su-30 MKK, which supposedly do not meet China’s demands.

In February 2007, China represented J-11B,(china-pla.blogspot.com... for an other twist) which bore a striking resemblance to Russia’s Su fighters, as US experts wrote.

China is currently working on the deck-based version of the Su-27 aircraft. The country apparently uses its previous experience and copy Russian fighters for it. Therefore, Russia refused to sell deck-based Su-33 to China in 2008.english.pravda.ru...

Need to dig into info on the Raptor to see if we gave that away, I mean if they stole it.

Seems we have entered into the Biological phase of Global depopulation in a big way.

Biden said he would be tested big time in the first 6 months and we weren't going to like it but need to embrace Oh-man. Read some where to day that events are adding up quick for martial law.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Northland_Zarh]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I believe the high mortality rate in Mexico is a result of the early outbreak when initially people thought they had a common flu.

Perhaps it is possible that the progression of the illness was allowed to reach an irretrievable fatal level (respiratory) as a result of that initial ignorance?

By the time people from other nations had been confirmed as having this virus treatments were immediately available.

I suppose only time will tell, but this seems a more logical explanation for the discrepancy in the severity of this infection in Mexico and the reported infections elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Let me take off my sanity hat here for a second and delve into the realm of the really weird conspiracy theory.

This comes at a very interesting time. First, let's be straight, this flu is more virulent and more dangerous than the regular flu, but it is not some kind of superbug. Granted, it has not yet mutated, but, even in the event of mutation, we are looking at the vast majority being sick, but not coming close to dying.

Ok, that out of the way... let's look at the timing of the pandemic rhetoric in view of the United States political community.

Who is coming up for confirmation in the Senate this week? It's Obama's last major cabinet choice, the controversial Kansas Governor, Kathleen Sebelius. And what Department is she going to head up? Health and Human Services. Coincidence that there is a crisis when we need a head of a Department... one who might have been voted down by the Senate?

Ok... so that was a little freaky, but, wait... what is this? The Democrats in the House are proposing major health care legislation this week to be attached, in an unprecedented fashion, to the budget. This formerly only emergency procedure was going to be used for partisan bickering. But now, we need to have health care reform passed... because of the flu.

And lastly, Obama just got back from a staggeringly negative trip from Central America and Mexico where there was clearly a lot of talk about the problems in those states. And the day after the President leaves, a man who came in contact with him in Mexico City winds up dead of the virus.

I don't know what I'm insinuating. However, kinda spooky, eh?

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Iago18]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Texas closes an many school in the district!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scucisd

14 schools closed to prevent large gatherings of people.

This is getting more serious...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Here Now

these are quotes from the NYPOST...

A group of seniors from St. Francis Prep in Fresh Meadows took the trip over Easter hiatus two weeks ago. Days later, an outbreak of flu-like symptoms erupted at the school, leaving about 200 kids complaining of flu-like symptoms.

200 kids sick

On Friday, officials tested nine kids at the 2,700-student school after students complained of nausea, dizziness, headache and other symptoms resembling swine flu,

www.nypost.com...

9 tested. Why not all tested?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm following this thread. Mom works in the city, told her to make sure to take her vitamins and keep sanitary. She's a nurse, so she knows.

Otherwise, I won't be traveling to Mexico anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ok let's apply empathy and logic here.

I am the PTB, and I have an agenda.

My agenda is to reduce the world's population to a more manageable and
sustainable number (let's say from 6 billion down to 500 million).
How can I achieve this goal?

1. Nuclear war = unacceptable
(no earning potential, too much collateral damage to eco-system, cannot geographically control or limit amount of ordinance)

2. Famine = unacceptable
(too great a cost to instigate, too many variables)

3. Global World War (non-nuclear) = unacceptable
(Whereas earning potential is great, control of participant's nuclear weapons
deployment is uncontrollable

4. Biological Weapon Deployment = acceptable!
(complete control of introduced virus; control and administration of
effective vaccine, control of placebo vaccine, foreknowledge and control of
specific genetically targeted traits of victims...HIGH earning potential)

end experiment.

This scenario has few variant factors and could easily be implemented
by a few powerful men. The men behind the ~real~ drug cartels (like
Baxter and Phizer) could even manipulate shipments of effective vaccines
to target areas near universities or select large cities, while routing
placebo (ineffective vaccine) to low income, low IQ areas, thereby ridding
the planet, and themselves, of "useless eaters" and leaving behind
(for the most part) intelligent, liberal, docile plebians to control and
leech from.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I feel like crap today. I've had aches in my joints and a feeling as if someone has zapped away all my energy and will to move / do things.

Thing is, these are symptoms of many conditions. Ross River Fever is going around here in Australia again, and I've had it before so in all likelyhood it is probably what I've got.

But being the paranoid ATS member I am, I can't help but worry.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Ok let's apply empathy and logic here.

I am the PTB, and I have an agenda.

My agenda is to reduce the world's population to a more manageable and
sustainable number (let's say from 6 billion down to 500 million).
How can I achieve this goal?

1. Nuclear war = unacceptable
(no earning potential, too much collateral damage to eco-system, cannot geographically control or limit amount of ordinance)

2. Famine = unacceptable
(too great a cost to instigate, too many variables)

3. Global World War (non-nuclear) = unacceptable
(Whereas earning potential is great, control of participant's nuclear weapons
deployment is uncontrollable

4. Biological Weapon Deployment = acceptable!
(complete control of introduced virus; control and administration of
effective vaccine, control of placebo vaccine, foreknowledge and control of
specific genetically targeted traits of victims...HIGH earning potential)

end experiment.

This scenario has few variant factors and could easily be implemented
by a few powerful men. The men behind the ~real~ drug cartels (like
Baxter and Phizer) could even manipulate shipments of effective vaccines
to target areas near universities or select large cities, while routing
placebo (ineffective vaccine) to low income, low IQ areas, thereby ridding
the planet, and themselves, of "useless eaters" and leaving behind
(for the most part) intelligent, liberal, docile plebians to control and
leech from.

I think we have a BINGO.

Oh and from an other thread:Chinese woman has died from what may be Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) while traveling on a train from the Far East Russian city of Blagoveshchensk to Moscow, a medical source said on Wednesday.

And you have a perfect Marriage.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Northland_Zarh]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join