It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US declares public health emergency for swine flu

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

well. things in Mexico are worse than MSM is telling us. So i'd say your assumption is false.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
Immunodulators are substances that calm down an overexcited immune system. These are herbs and so on one can buy in a health store.
Curcumin (also in supermarkets)
Cat’s Claw
Devil’s Claw
Inosine
Gammalinoleic acid
Fish Oil/EPA

I'll attest to the devil claw slowing your immune system, i had a drink with that in it last week and the next day i caught a damned cold....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
While I think that people are going a bit overboard, I don't think an excess of caution is a bad thing.

This isn't like a flood or something. This is something that if you ignore until the last day or two, you're out of luck. If you trust the government to give us fair warning, think again imo. They will wait until the last minute... until they know it's a big deal, so as to prevent any panic. And then, it's too late. Prevention now is very important imo.

And it's not huge yet, but there is no reason to not be prepared. If you think back about all other pandemics in history, they were as tragic as they were simply because people were NOT prepared, they DID wait until the last minute, and before they realized how severe it was, they were screwed.

And as far as the regular flu, it predominantly kills people over the age of 62 or there abouts. A big difference.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
And as far as the regular flu, it predominantly kills people over the age of 62 or there abouts. A big difference.

Well, this one only kills Mexicans. There hasn't even been a hospitalization here. Any ideas why? Also, do you have any data on the age of the victims in Mexico, i haven't seen any?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thought I'd jump in here, not sure if this www.twowitnesses.us... has been posted yet being so fluid and changing moment to moment.

Get ready for FEMA to jump in here as this explodes into the Pandemic it's expected to.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by FredT

Some of the products listes are cheap. Just add a lot of raw garlic to your dishes. Curcumin can be bought grounded in the supermarket and costs little. Chamomile tea is also cheap (take care: is a blood thinner!).

Don't forget that kissing a warty toad, dancing naked in the moonlight, and a course of leaches is also recommended for curing all kinds of serious illnesses.

You'll only need to resort to such serious measures if the garlic or witch hazel doesn't work though.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Power_Semi]

C'mon. Don't bash the natural remedies. They are timeless. Kombucha Tea is also excellent for boosting the immune system.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am not functioning properly so, please excuse any structure, grammer, or spelling errors.

First, I am not an alarmist. However, when my doctor told me today he's going to be testing me for the Swine Flu, it is a bit unnerving. I do have all the symptoms, including a fever that won't relent. It's currently 101.8 and I'm feeling a bit...confused. Even more so with the recently aquired ATS knowledge about Rumsfeld and Tamiflu.

I live in Indiana where we currently have two cases shipped off to the CDC and the results aren't back yet. I've had these symptoms for almost a week.

I honestly think it's a stomach virus contracted at one of the most bacteria ridden places on the planet - Chuck E Cheese. I will say I've never expereienced 'chills' this bad. To err on the side of caution, as I have a husband and child, I am sanatizing everything, not doing the food prep, and even sleeping alone.

Now, I'm off to the doctor. I'll be sure to report any nefarious diagnosis. It's a bit creepy being sick with this kind of global incident. Wouldn't it be an awesome time to read The Stand again? I'm sure I'm fine...I've just got some kind of... bug....and I'll be sure to keep telling myself that

A question to other ATSers, if by some oddness I do have the swine flu, I recover from it naturally, wouldn't I have a built up immunity if this mutates to some kind of SuperBug?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
A question to other ATSers, if by some oddness I do have the swine flu, I recover from it naturally, wouldn't I have a built up immunity if this mutates to some kind of SuperBug?

Yeah, chances are you would be pretty immune. They are saying the human flu vaccine (for those who got it this season) may offer some protection as well, since this flu is made up partly of the human strain. But I'm sure they will make a killing on the new swine flu vaccine that they are surely whipping up right now....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
QUESTION for anyone to answer ...

I read elsewhere that Obama owns stock in (Ill. based) Baxter and that Baxter makes flu vaccines. I have googled it and searched and can't find info on it. Anyone know about this?

Is Baxter working on a vaccination for this swine/avian/human hybrid flu that is making the rounds????

Baxter was the company responsible for "accidentally" shipping bird flu mixed with something else to Eastern Europe in January 2009. It was given to 35 people "accidentally" before they "discovered" what had happened. No one died.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Tamiflu is amazing stuff, it's so simple and you would think such a "scary" flu would require some really intense medication or something.

Just take vitamins and stay home if you can, keep safe, reduce exposure, wash your hands.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
I am not functioning properly so, please excuse any structure, grammer, or spelling errors.

First, I am not an alarmist. However, when my doctor told me today he's going to be testing me for the Swine Flu, it is a bit unnerving. I do have all the symptoms, including a fever that won't relent. It's currently 101.8 and I'm feeling a bit...confused. Even more so with the recently aquired ATS knowledge about Rumsfeld and Tamiflu.

I live in Indiana where we currently have two cases shipped off to the CDC and the results aren't back yet. I've had these symptoms for almost a week.

I honestly think it's a stomach virus contracted at one of the most bacteria ridden places on the planet - Chuck E Cheese. I will say I've never expereienced 'chills' this bad. To err on the side of caution, as I have a husband and child, I am sanatizing everything, not doing the food prep, and even sleeping alone.

Now, I'm off to the doctor. I'll be sure to report any nefarious diagnosis. It's a bit creepy being sick with this kind of global incident. Wouldn't it be an awesome time to read The Stand again? I'm sure I'm fine...I've just got some kind of... bug....and I'll be sure to keep telling myself that

Try to see if your doctor will give you even a short course of antibiotics. Pneumonia is a real danger as a secondary infection.

I just helped a family member recover from pneumonia and they almost died.
2 days in emergency, four days in ICU, and three days in another heightened care unit.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I guess you are not that impressed with the qualities of plants and the like
. Too bad for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Immunodulators are substances that calm down an overexcited immune system. These are herbs and so on one can buy in a health store.
Curcumin (also in supermarkets)
Cat’s Claw
Devil’s Claw
Inosine
Gammalinoleic acid
Fish Oil/EPA

I'll attest to the devil claw slowing your immune system, i had a drink with that in it last week and the next day i caught a damned cold....

Well you need to know which supplements to take when! If you have trouble with auto-immune diseases these products are great. And you cold also take supplements that kill pathogens without exciting the immune system.

I guess you wanted something to get rid of bugs? Try oregano tablets/capsules. Or olive leaf products that actually stimulate the immune system if that is what you need.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

I hope you are ok! This is indeed scary stuff. I don't really have more to add, other than that I hope your are fine!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Tamiflu is amazing stuff, it's so simple and you would think such a "scary" flu would require some really intense medication or something.

Just take vitamins and stay home if you can, keep safe, reduce exposure, wash your hands.

Sure it is.

If you get it within the first couple of days.

Otherwise it is useless.

There is also a limit supply. So while anyone who needs it will get it right now when there are only a couple of thousand cases, if it does go pandemic and the numbers start rapidly climbing then you probably won't be recieving it during the window of opportunity for it to work for you if you recieve it at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Should I keep my kids out of school now? Should I wait til later? I have a prek and 4th grader in ga.

[edit on 4/27/2009 by concerned190]

[edit on 4/27/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have a child at home with me, but if he were in school or daycare, I would definitely not have him in school today. Perhaps if you are lucky enough to get some time off of work this week and take your kids out of school, I would do it....but that is just me:-)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

You should rely on your MD for answers to questions like these. There are too many wanna be MD's on the Internet and I can't think of a worse place to get advice. People read a few things by companies trying to sell them questionable supplements and herbal remedies and they think they are qualified to give advice.

No valid study, published and peer reviewed; don't believe it. Snake Oil salesman are everywhere, especially in your local health food stores.

On the other hand many natural products and supplements are well studied and do work, so stick with those. Ask your MD or go to a site like WebMD. Don't be one of those con-game victims who actually believe they have undigested red meat inside of them
I'm very lucky in that my MD always advises me what works and what is nonsense. If a supplement or other item will help me, he always tells me.

For your own sake, don't get medical advice here.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well you need to know which supplements to take when! If you have trouble with auto-immune diseases these products are great. And you cold also take supplements that kill pathogens without exciting the immune system.

Oh, I know. I took the drink after a workout, it was a recovery drink to combat sore muscles after working out, wasn't taking it to prevent any illness.

I guess you wanted something to get rid of bugs?

No, not until after I drank it, lol. The cold started Friday night and has already moved to my chest and is almost gone completely. I used the zinc gluconate lozenges as soon as I started feeling the post nasal drip friday night and it always works excellent....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree mostly. But I work with many doctors, and you'd be surprised how many believe old wives tales or misinfo about many supplements that go against actual peer reviewed literature. General practice docs aren't always the best place to get info either, it's best to do alot of real research and make sure your sources aren't selling what your researching...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join