It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agents stop getting paid posting here - admit it when SHTF?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If there are paid disinfo agents, and i believe there are at least a couple, i dont think it would be their sole income and job, it might just be a part of it, for example somebody works for an agency which everyday is bombarded with e-mails asking them to explain themselves, or officially you have said this when i believe i can prove otherwise with the information that they gather from ATS and other places, etc. When said agency gets sick of all the spam they are recieving they end up putting somebody on the case of trying to explain it and cut down on the time and money they are wasting responding to various comments, lets face it time is money and some of these agency use a hell of a lot of taxpayers money. They could just hit the ignore button but thats not helping anybody. Personally i dont think they will lose their jobs in 2 months or even in a years time, society is not crumbling, the sky is not falling and life goes on. If they dissapear it would more likley that they get bored with the subject or it gets resolved, and then move on to the next topic of the day.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
oops double post

[edit on 27-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I got it now. Sorry, I was confused on what you meant. But I am not confused anymore.

Personally - when it does happen - because I believe there are people who are paid, and I have still been searching for the article which confirmed it. I would like to hear from one or two of the agents, about what they were instructed to do and if they would post things counter to what they knew was true.

I really like to read about their job details.

I would hope people here would like to read all about it and let them post in honesty about everything. it would make some interesting reading, imagine what that thread would be like. It would definitely get the ATS crowd involved with it.

So, once again, I will say - to those paid agents - when you lose your jobs - due to funding cuts, at what ever point it is please come and start a thread telling us all about it, from how you got the job to what the details of doing it was.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

It seems to me, that if one is founded in his beliefs and in command of his data, he should be able to handle any so-called "disinfo-agents". If, on the other hand, one is not and is merely seeking information to better establish his foundation on a particular topic, having a "disinfo-agent" participate could be a positive force for truth seekers.

I think people who scream "disinfo-agent" all the time are reacting to legitimate criticism of the topic that they don't have a good grasp of. Taking this position, they hope to cover their own lack of knowledge or ability to articulate a rational discussion of the topic at hand.

"Disinfo-Agents"? Bring 'em on! This is, after all, a "discussion forum", not a "my opinion only forum". As 'ol President Harry Truman said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

Bottom line: Educate yourself on the subject at hand, become familiar with opposing arguments, take a deep breath and have at it. Truth will out!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There are disinformation agents, wouldnt actually restrict that to this forum alone. The disinformation agents are the very individuals who agree with you and will tell you what you want to hear, all the while moving in their own agendas, whether it be for political reasons or financial reasons.

Theres an ignorance here that your typical disinformation agent is a trolling member that attacks everybody who believes in the NWO conspiracy... on the contrary, they created the conspiracy and they are leading you to where they want you to be. The mere fact folks here assume its the average stereotypical troll that disagrees with your OPs are thinking beyond themselves.... and they in essence allow themselves to be dooped.

At the end of the day we have to think for ourselves and come to our own conclusions. Putting all trust and belief in one figure and weeding out another doesnt necessarily bring clarity and truth to what you wish to see.

My piece of pie.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimstad

That flowchart is not evidence of any kind of wrong doing.

So you do not consider what the Air Force has been doing to be 'wrong'?

Why do you think that there is nothing 'wrong' with this tactic?

You should know that this was revealed back in January when the Air Force admitted to doing it. Google it.

*Here is a link for if you are too lazy to google it.

nationalexpositor.com...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

It also says right there on that chart that one of the things they are supposed to do when responding is to admit they are in the Air Force. That doesn't mean that they all do, but they are supposed to according to their own flow chart. The ones that do I don't see as being much different from some company posting somewhere saying "Hey, I work for Company A, your information is wrong because of D, E, and F, and the real information is X, Y, and Z." The ones that don't disclose their connection are a different story, but the ones who do I don't think are really doing anything underhanded.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I don't think that there is such a thing as gov't paid disinfo agents.
If someone gave me credible information that says otherwise, I'd listen.
But so far .... I don't think that there are any.

Spoken like a true disinfo agent! ...... jk

I remember reading an article in the news somewhere about the military doing this very thing - going online into web forums and posting to influence reader's positions and views on certain subjects - makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

It also says right there on that chart that one of the things they are supposed to do when responding is to admit they are in the Air Force

Anyone can be anything on the internet.
(see 'Internet Tough Guy')

On ATS I could say I was Air Force and I would not be obligated to prove it to you.

You will find members on ATS who utilize claims of past and present military service in attempts to bolster their arguments and impart authority to their claims.

*In any case, the press release specified that this counter-clogging chart and program was tailored for use against individuals critical of the Air Force. That they do not impose restrictions as to which servers they employ this tactic is worrisome - they literally crawl the entire internet looking for negatively critical blogs.

I support those Air force men and women who choose to do this on their own free time and on their own dollar - that they are paid in our tax dollars and then ordered to engage in cointel pro activities is disconcerting.

Due to their similar tactics and traits, Internet Tough Guys and Trolls are often mistaken for disinformation agents.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1be4a72f3ec5.jpg[/atsimg]

Google "Astroturfing"- it is a form of disinformation/advertising.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
We need to find out how much these people make because I spread disinfo by accident and I want a tax write off.... how do you itemize disinfo?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
On 9/11 boards I am sure there is, the absolute stupidity that has been posted at times, is mind boggling, if these guys aren't disinfo agents, they have had a self-lobotomy.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

actually I would love to get paid for all my postings, dang - I wonder how much they make?
Though it would be very hard for me to be a disinfo agent.

Besides that, I assume they have to submit to higher ups their posts and how they countered various talking points or derailed threads.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The federal goverment can make as much money as it wants.... if the SHTF then all they would do is print more so they can pay the disinfo artists

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

probably 40-50k a year just look at a typical military pay structure for officers..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I agree with the comments that support that there are few to no disinformation agents working this or any other post, blog, or wiki.

The government does not pay people to do this and even if they did it would be very difficult to get a person to spend say 10 hours a week to do this as an independent contractor and remain quiet about it.

If there were disinformation agents then they would have to be government employees doing this under government authorization from one of the intelligence agencies.

I doubt they take the time to do write back, but I do believe they take the time to "check in" now and then and assess what people are thinking. The Bush administration passed laws that allow at least Americans to have little to no privacy in regards to communications media.

I do agree, since I have been accused already of being an "agent" that the people doing the accusing are in fact simply misinformed, uniformed, or possibly not educated well enough about the post and there for simply guarding their lack of knowledge by claiming someone else who counters their view point as being "an agent."

People criticized my posts recently about "bird flu" and the coming Pandemic saying I must be an "agent" since I spoke the normal things that are common knowledge, but apparantly not to some paranoid folks who don't keep up with the news.

Well...swine flu is here....didn't I say it could happen? My comment that it was a high potential and likely to happen was not a result of agent mastery or foreknowledge....its simply because I read the stats and know what is in the common media.

It doesn't take an agent to do that.....

[edit on 27-4-2009 by flight-dynamics]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by flight-dynamics

i really disagree..... there is much more evidence to the contrary see pentagon psyop report www.gwu.edu...

Remember if you do not believe in the "official" versions of goverment events then you become the enemy... and PSYOP tactics will be deployed to you just like any other enemy

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by flight-dynamics

I would like to show which specific data gave you foreknowledge of the current pandemic.... I am very interested to hear.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I personally don't think anyone here is a 'disinfo' agent! There's nothing on ATS that's so earth shattering that the world would change or that ATS poses a threat to the government and therefore the dire need to have DAs post the PTB agenda here.

Conspiracies posted on a gazillion web sites don’t make a difference to the PTB at all. In fact they would love to see it run to gauge the pulse of the people. Just like SIGINT (Signal Intelligence). Though they know who's communicating, they would like the enemy to continue doing so without interfering so that maximum information about the enemy is gained.

Similarly, they'd prefer to continue without interference on web sites so that they can extract the maximum info to plan future courses of action keeping the public psyche in mind. As per the SOP where Intell Acquisition is concerned, these are the steps taken:

Collection of information.
Collation.
Analysis.
Assessment.
Deductions.
Course(s) of action to be taken keeping in mind critical threat analyses.

Now I don’t for a moment think that ATS and other conspiracy web sites represent any threat to the PTB. Period!

We have the usual debunkers and skeptics on board, but you can't call them 'disinfo agents' just because they generally go against the grain. Without them it would be like a pizza without the toppings! We need them, but no, you can't call them disinfo agents!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

ATS receives allot of traffic..... disinfo agents aren't hear to convince you or I they are here to convince the masses that the subject is questionable... Just look at youtube, you will find the same people after years putting in many hours a day arguing againts "truthers" making ad hominom attacks and employing many more psyop tactics, On ats it is very difficult to spot due to the controls put on my mods... but there are a few here...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A thing that bothers me is that:

Why would someone first help someone to produce, keep or support a lie, and then after they loose their jobs become a victim of the product they wrongly supported.

Could people become more stupid than that or does money and the determination to do a good job just make people stupid and blind?

Its like moral dont matter as long as the money is good.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join