It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypersonic generator beams advert in to your brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hi all, anyone read the latest issue of New Scientist?

Apparently there is a technology which can generate a hypersonic wave which makes a sound byte play inside your head. This isn't like listening from a loudspeaker, you can't work out where the sound is coming round and its inside your brain.

Now, the usage of these devices at the moment is exclusivly in Japan where they use them on vending machines to play the sound of a can opening and ice dropping into water. Obviously to entice you to purchase.

However, what are the privacy implications of this? The ability to beam advertising and political messages into ones own head is a violation of privacy. Atleast with TV and posters you can look away. If they have the ability to beam things into our brains, it may lead to the implanting of thoughts! I don't think the technology will be alllowed in Europe/US since other technology which is acceptable in Japan has been banned here.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I foresee a sudden increase in the sales of jamming technology.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have the solution.

Make it stop!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
OMG! these advertising is becoming very VERY annoying!

and large companies and corporations are getting stronger and stronger! and in more control of people!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, when it gets here if anyone reads Harry Potter then we need to train for Occulumency. Another thing is those adverts need to be fixed because all I hear are ringing noises every now and then.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Is there anyone living in Japan on ATS who has experienced this?

I think that would really freak me out.

I would thank that if this were to ever come to pass there would be a "S" storm in the states.

Too many bad possibilites but then again that never stopped anybody.

I would think the uses are endless, video games, movies, television shows, radio, music.

I think it was Bruce Wayne who said to E. Nigma, anything that can project images into the brain could suck images out.

That Bruce Wayne is a hell of a guy.

Do you think he could actually be...naw forget I even thunk it

But seriously this type of technology should cause us all concern and I agree wtih a previous poster that jamming equipment, personal jamming equipment will be the wave of the future.

Mobile privacy suites hooked to your PDA or cell phone and all that.

SPiderj

join