It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rotating accents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Well, Cheddarhead and Cheesehead can be used interchangeably to describe a Packer Fan and a Wisconsinite in general. Comes from the habit of wearing Foam wedges of Cheese (typically looking like a Yellow colored Swiss) at Packers Games. I think the term "Cheesehead" Started as an insult from Flatlanders (a nickname for people from Illinois) and it was adopted. Wisconsin no longer makes the most milk in the US but has now become a Major Cheese manufacturing area. Home of Colby (From Colby Wis.) and Limburger.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

cool, thanks for explaining, i can imagine the foam swiss cheese wedges as i speak...er type
but i'm still kinda confused over the cheddar reference - is cheddar cheese just as famous in the US??????

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Chedder makes it better. Chedder is on every thing you could think to put cheese on and some you would not think to put cheese on over here. So yes you were correct in your assumption.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Oh but you need to try proper cheddar - the stuff you get in the supermarkets doesn't come close
Personally - i like cheese, wensleydale with cranberries is my favourite with crackers, but cheddar for sandwiches,cooking, toppings.

www.wensleydale.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Oh yes, Cheddar is very popular. In Wisconsin you'll find it used in everything from Burgers (of course) to Deep Fried Cheese Curds (Yet another Wisconsin specialty but is also been known in Minnesota), to such simple things as munching on either white or yellow cheese curds. Note that you know that you have fresh cheese curds when the "Squeak" when you bite them. After a few hours some of the proteins break down and you lose the squeak.

Edit to add:

Here is some more info concerning Cheesehead regalia.

History

Official site of the Cheesehead.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Man, i am impressed
they make cheese in lincolnshire too
more famous though for its sausage

www.icons.org.uk...

back to the local dialect ect. North Lincolnshire expressions, many still used today:

www.memoriesofacountryman.co.uk...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
She is native to Chicago, IL.
Didn't move to London until she was two.

And how old were you, Alora, when you first began to talk? Me, I was about two. But thanks for the information.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Excellent accent there hun! More V-logs from Ant!! Accents should be celebrated for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join