It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had to give up a sense, which would you choose?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I can't believe people are choosing touch. I mean, could you orgasm without sensation? Or is it that sex isn't that big of a deal? I'd choose taste, it seems the least practical out of all of the senses to me, if I had to choose one.

EDIT: spelling

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by curme]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think I would have to go with the sense of smell. However, that choice is based on a four year cycle. Yes it's election time again and things are sure beginning to stink!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hearing, hands down. I'm a very visual person, and while I like music, it's the only one I could see to part with, as I'ma fairly quiet girlie girl anyways.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Definitely my hearing too, I could do without hearing people voices, and since I will still be able to see, I can just read their lips....and feel the music....ever stood infront of a speaker???

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That's a tough one.

I think it would have to be smell or taste. I love eating, so it would have to be smell.

I knew someone who could not smell (brain damage) he said everything now tastes like cardboard simply because of losing his smells.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
DC~~do you sit up nights thinking of these things

I would have to give up the sense of taste. It would be weird not to taste things; but I 'd rather see, hear, smell and DEFINITELY touch. (Whoever said touch: you'd be giving up sex, ya know??????)

I actually know someone who kinda lost their sense of taste. Guys, it will not keep you from eating. It won't be as easy as you think, not to be able to know when something is too salty or spicy until it's too late.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Taste even though a good stake wouldnt be as good, smelling it gives a lot of it flavor you know. Taste and smell are almost the same to me, arent smokers almost guaranteed the loss of both?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Id get rid of the snese of feeling...cuz then i wouldnt be able to feel pain and that stuff...itd be cool

top topics

<< 1   >>

join