It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so windy outside?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't know why it is so windy, but I have noticed it has been windier for the last few years.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Did the earthquake that spawned the recent Indian Ocean tsunami affect the earth's rotation?
www.scientificamerican.com...

How the earthquake tilted the world's axis by 25cm (and could even cost us a microsecond a day)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved;

Now you think these miniscule shifts wouldn't amount to much?

Examples of such “fine-tuning” abound. Tweak the charge on an electron, for instance, or change the strength of the gravitational force or the strong nuclear force just a smidgen, and the universe would look very different, and likely be lifeless. The challenge for physicists is explaining why such physical parameters are what they are.

www.pbs.org...

God is tweaking.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Living in North central Illinois and today gusts to 30mph. Been windy just about every day. Winds at least 10-15 mph. I've lived here 63 years and can not remeber it so windy all the time. Climate shift?, chem trails?, axsis shift?, or warning from the above? Don't for get the 80 degree days in March, now they are predicting a hard freeze Wed night 27 degrees. Glad I wasn't one of those who planted their garden. Dad always said "Don;t plant until after Mothers Day.Been really dry with low humidity. Windy now, Just blew the chair over on the deck. Crap.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Racer5335

Yea Racer, I am 62, never seen it this windy, haven't planted yet, been tempted,

seems things got worse after they stopped chem trailing us.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
last couple days its been really windy here, at random times, most windy i've ever seen it in my life, even during bad storms, and there are no storms its just crazy wind, i thought it was going to break the glass on my outside door lastnight

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Been windy in NY too.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Finally someone talking about the wind, it has been driving me crazy. You can't get away from it, It comes from all directions, even up. I remember when you could go to a side of a building to escape it, not today. What gets me is when they talk about the weather, in southern Ontario Canada here you get, high of blah, blah, and windy, gusts of up to 70 Kms hour. 70 KMs AN HOUR???? They don't even bat an eye or tell you to batten down the hatches, like it is 'normal'. It is not normal.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Global Jet Stream Model

Shifting jet streams seems to be the cause. Bloody windy in Sydney on and off for the last few years. We've just had a very cool summer here... hardly worked up a sweat apart from a few days here and there. Today is blowing a gale again and bloody cold.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It has been very windy here in MD, too. But this is not quite new, it's been fiercely windy here for several years now. Im more interested in the fact that so many people across the globe are complaining about the wind picking up to levels they are not used to. I'm not used to sharing the same crappy weather with the rest of the world!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i just recorded a video for how windy it is, looks like i'm having a earthquake but its just the wind,

whatnext21// i also live in ontario its weird, everything came to life for those hot days in march, then they went back to sleep because we had a frost, now its just teasing them and its windy as hell can't put the good flowers outside
edit on 9-4-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How to tell your suspicions have some merit,

You notice it yourself before reading it on line

Yea, it aint normal.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok, not sure if others are being blown away, but the wind is back at it again, Cold and windy, possibility of snow tonight and 70 km hour gusts. Can somebody please explain where this is coming from?? I have searched and there is no explanation but it seems to be everywhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Michigan, in my area, at noon today - 32mph

Can find averages at:
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

The wind in Michigan has been at an average of 20 to 45 miles an hour since Jan.2012
not at all normal for us. We have had wind gusts up to 75mph in the last 2 mo.
Lots of power outages.

Normal is at 8.0 to 11.0 mph

Was windy most of last year also. We can usually have outdoor fires in our pit every weekend
through spring, summer and fall but last year only had about 7 fires total. To dangerous.

edit on 24-4-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2012 by azureskys because: would not transfer my coppied ex-text proper so I removed it all

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Racer5335

Can you say Fukushima ?

All of this constant wind reminds me of Apocalyptic movies depicting Nuclear Winds blowing non-stop.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I live in NM one state over and west of Texas. Now every year it's gets very windy in NM in the Middle Rio Grande Valley section of the state and last for weeks at a time, last year was the worst. What make this interesting is that you guys in Texas are experiencing the high winds that NM is known for in March of every year. I have noticed that the high Winds in NM have be arriving later and later each year . last year it was not until mid April.

This year there is little to no wind at all. Most of this winds comes from SW of Mexico from the storms they receive. This year the storms that Mexico gets this time of year seems to have shifted a little more to the NE.

Here you can see the wind map of the USA . Just look above Brownsville Texas it points to some high winds going though Texas in NE direction towards Middle Texas and Dallas. Current Wind Map

This will change . it's weather.

Now here is a another map showing part of Mexico and the USA . lots of cloud cover and some storms forming over Mexico.
USA Mexico Sat Image

Here Sat image of Mexico and the Yucatan The image above does not show that same cloud formations and or storms from Mexico that are reaching all the way to the Yucatan.

Mexico Yucatan sat

These storms and Winds over Mexico usually form further w- sw of there current position. It's like clock work every year. Like I said before it appears this year this seasonal storms for Mexico which create the high winds in the USA SW have moved further to the NE. First time EVER ! NM has not had high bad Winds that I can remember. This year it's very little high wind at all, (only one day ) It appears I can Barbecue this year early.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join