It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so windy outside?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I live in the Dallas metro area and I have to agree with the OP. I don't believe that this is a spring issue. It's been windy as hell since about november last year. Only recently has it begun to calm down.

Who knows what it is.

-Dev

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
Duhhh! They're spreading the swine flu!!

lol j/k. Anyway, I'm from the Austin, Tx area and this whole week has been as described. I haven't seen the sun in 4 or 5 days and the wind blowing is constant..

Hula from Quebec Canada...the area under my nose is burning I have to wash my hands all the time...my skin feels like pepper scorch and I have allergy symptoms since last weeks wind's(chem-trails)!!!

[edit on 7-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Of all things I have heard this is the most plausible conclusion
natural magic

[edit on 7-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hi all..

Just in case anyone is interested we have had severe wind over here in the UK for the last 3 days now.

Its lovley and sunny just very very windy..

Chroot

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We had tornado warnings here two days ago and are under a tornado watch again until 2 am, and have had several warnings in the past two weeks or so. I live in the mountains and very seldom do we get tornado weather.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

its not only TX....
here in SC, we have been having wind in the 10-15-20+ range since March
...And March is normally windy as March winds bring the April showers which in turn bring the May flowers (as the rhyme goes)

these are not gentle breezes, these are massive air movements at least 6 days a week...
which incidently helped cause the 30,000 acre forest fire that destroyed 75 homes severely damaged another 96 dwellings over a period of 10 days
at the end of April.

weather patterns & prevailing winds seem roiled up, which incidently
is affecting the nominal temperatures, giving false readings of 'global warming' scares. and the moisture/rainfall in our region.

the sun itself, starting a few years back, still remains a glary white light instead of the warm-yellow sun i recall from my youth especially.
(the times-they-are-a-changing....Bob Dylan song)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Why is it so windy?
I'm not entirely sure but I'm down with it and it's all good!
I've got two of these going on above my shop!

www.northerntool.com...
48 volters!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I got a call from my son in Carbondale, Illinois. They had an awful wind storm today. Gusts of 109 m.p.h and sustained winds of 90 m.p.h. 2 people were killed with loads of damage. Bizarre to say the least.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I will have to notice the sun, but so many days it is so smoggy here you don't really see it anyway. By the afternoon when it gets humid, it smogs up. Guess they don't call 'em the Smoky Mountains for nothing.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Funny I should read this,I was wondering the same..but I'm in North East UK.. it's been going strong for over a week now..

Seriously considering investing in some windmills..
or some windsurfing gear.

I know when I used to do it regularly we NEVER got a weeks worth of good sailing weather..even in the October to March 'season'

Shame about the temperatures though.. Has spring started yet or not?
I think I'll grow some hair again.

Lack of sunspots?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Come to the Jersey Shore.

Try to grill here.
You actually have to face your grill in different directions everytime you grill.
My window is howling as we speak.

Oh and allergies here are insane, thanks to the wind.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Does the data support the theory?

If you can find the current average wind speed for your area and compare it to a long term average wind speed you may be able to prove that it is indeed more windy than normal.

Here is some data that could be helpful.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Or buy a kite and have fun with it.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I haven't read this thread recently and basically skimmed over it as I didn't really understand alot of it, but I woke up this morning wondering if this has anything to do with it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have be be at work shortly and have to go get ready. If I stay here and read it, I'll be late!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I have lived in east Texas for 35 years. I do not remember any year being this windy. I know that Texas weather is said to 'change from minute to minute', but it seems that the wind is excessive as of late. I wonder what is really causing this...and should I be worried? Record highs in June of over 100 degrees, crazy winds the likes of nothing I can recall? What is coming next?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jeni0708

I'm in Central NJ and this last fall, winter and now spring have been the windiest I can remember, been living here
for 54 years.

Definitely Weird, "must have been the chemtrails"

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
the constant howling and gusts all day that happens throughout year, random days, is something im still trying to get used to since roughly oct 11 if my memory serves me right.

i guess like someone else said earlier, weather patterns have changed or shifted dramatically, but like they always do within some time frame one way or another.

surprised its so windy across much of the continent on the same day (today) though. hmm odd. mother nature works in mysterious ways!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
.... oh yeah, to add,

assuming it IS just - mother nature- in this day and age of tptb messing with mother nature and trying to play 'God'.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Still waitin on winter here...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blackpeter

nice thread necromancy.

north Georgia, its pretty windy this spring.
edit on 9-4-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i'm in central texas not far from you (OP) and i do remember it being like this before (at least where i am). we had a mild summer after all the windy spring and it stayed very breezy through the summer too. we did have more than usual hail and severe weather outbreaks though...

this summer will not be like last summer. we'll get some rain (closer to average) and we won't be dying from heat stroke. my prediction anyway. i could be totally wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join