It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so windy outside?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Question to all but more pointedly to our Texas ATS'ers but have you noticed how windy it' been this spring? I've been in TX for almost 10 years now and I can't ever remember it being like this. I live near in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex area and almost every day seems to be the same - winds 10-12 mph with gusts to 15 or 20mph.

I've really noticed this because I like to fire up the grill out on the patio but it's been too damned windy! The last few days (Apr 24-26) have been crazy with gusts up to 30mph and the howl being constant. I'm used to a constant "breeze" but enough with this silly weather!

Have you noticed similar?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
For the past few days it's been gusting well over 25mph, makes it hard to drive a car.

There is a storm front coming in, suppose to rain in my location for a whole 9 days in a row.

Other then that, almost all of 2009 has been exceptionally windy.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You know I was actually sitting outside with my family and dogs yesterday talking about this exact subject.

We all agreed that this has been the windiest year since we've lived in Texas.
We moved here in 1995.

I have no idea why, but I will say we all thought it was because of climate change.
(Not global warming, that's a load of crock.)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Okay, I will go ahead and say this...

When I saw this thread I remembered something else Clif said last night - I am not saying this is absolute - but he did say it.....

Our weather patterns will be changing, jet streams will be coming from different places, there will be extremes in temperature from one day to the next. Wind was part of it.

Just adding my 2 cents - on what I heard.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I and a friend were lamenting that we have never experienced winds as we had last year and even more this year unless there was a storm going by in the Atlantic.

We agreed it was nice to have wind during the hot weather but both feel something is not right.

My friend is 64 and I am 62 and have both lived in this area all our lives.

We do know whatt is normal and what is not.

Being on the coast we have spent a large part of our lives enjoying nature.

We've seen El and La Nina weather and this is not like either.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by dizziedame]

[edit on 26-4-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I wondered the same thing! We moved to Arkanasas after living in Ilinois for 40
years and we live in the Ozarks with trees mountains and hills
. It has changed so much in the last 8 years. I would have never thought about a wind generator being used here! But as of now I would say it is plausible to put up one.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Texas has notoriously strange weather. It can be 90 degrees one day and 55 degrees the next.

The wind though, has been a complete surprise.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
hello friends, i live in central portugal near the ocean and we are having the same problem too, since 3 or 4 years, it starts increasing since 2006/2007, much more days with wind, even out of summer(the season with more wind usually) the experts are saying that the reason its the Azores anti cyclone, that his moving from the original area to the north of spain south of england, making with that more windy days and less clouds with rain.
thanks and sorry about my poor english

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I live in FL and it's been very windy lately. Usually this time of year it's hot, rainy in the afternoon and not windy. Lately thought it's been very windy, the temp is great and it has not been raining. I have lived here for over 20 years and it just seems odd to me. I was talking with my friend in the car yesterday and she made a comment too about it being so windy lately. Personally I love the change, although I did like the afternoon rain.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Now you mention it, it's been ages since we had any windy weather here in England.

Damn weather!

(sometimes synoptics lead to a spell of windier or less windy, wetter or drier, warmer or colder, weather. It's what happnes. Has been for hundreds of millions of years)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Southwest Louisiana here, for the last six months or so, we've had pretty strong wind on a daily basis regardless of weather, a week or two ago, with no storm, it got up to 35-40 mph and stripped siding off of our condo. No sign of letup. As we speak, it's 15-20 mph right now.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think this is a good thread to keep our eye on.
California too - It's gotten increasingly windy the last couple of years -
But the difference recently has been that a very high wind comes up
quickly with no warning -
and then fades away as fast - It's different.

There have been two cases this week of severe turbulence in airplanes
this week - one with a fatality. This of course does happen - but -
I suspect we will be seeing more of that as well.

also this is an interesting read -
Gravity Wave hits Alabama
www.al.com.../base/news/1239700572143430.xml&coll=1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Southwest Louisiana here, for the last six months or so, we've had pretty strong wind on a daily basis regardless of weather, a week or two ago, with no storm, it got up to 35-40 mph and stripped siding off of our condo. No sign of letup. As we speak, it's 15-20 mph right now.

We had a crazy storm blow through here in FL a few weeks ago. It had 30-40mph wind gusts and constant 20mph winds. It was so weird. It came out of nowhere and it was hailing and pouring. My friend was on the highway and had to pull over because her car was being thrown all over the road. One news casters truck lifted up from these gusts. Usually in FL in the afternoon we always seem to have rain. Lately we havent except for the 20 min hail/rain/wind storm a few weeks ago. Probably nothing but it seemed odd since it wasnt normal.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Howdy from next door New Mexico..
First the bad news we're sending you one more day of windy weather... now for the even more bad news it
s going to get cold too... In fact where I took the wife and daughter out to yard sale first thing this morning it was warmer then than it is right now... 11:45 our time...

For several years now I've been telling people about how its changed since I was a kid, places I used to go skinny dipping are long dried up... Pretty little waterfall we high schoolers used as a make out point... gone... even before my time my grandfather used to grow beans out here without irrigation not any more...

People talk about what things are going to be like 50 years from now... let me say right here right now throughout the southwest water wells are drying up so fast people are starting to have to haul water to their homes,Most of the wells east of albuquerque at or below 250 feet are dry mine at 500 is still good... before to much time passes I can see folks just having to leave, or worse, water wars that would make the old Lincoln county war look like a picnic

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I live in Illinois, have been here for about 28 years now. I am used to it being windy, as well as the occasional 4-5 tornado sirens going off yearly. We'll see if this increases, as it hasnt happened yet but it has been very windy and stormy. I for one welcome the wind on a 90degree plus day, seems everything is becoming more extreme.. Anyone have a weather-wind map of past years compared to this year?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Duhhh! They're spreading the swine flu!!

lol j/k. Anyway, I'm from the Austin, Tx area and this whole week has been as described. I haven't seen the sun in 4 or 5 days and the wind blowing is constant..

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I live in deep south Texas, and it is the same here as the OP says is is in Dallas.

I have thought about it a few times over the last few weeks. It is strange. Usually it is friggin hot with 70%+ humidity. It is not so humid now, and the wind is going strong. I like it

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've lived in Texas all my life (I'll be be 30 in June). Nothing abnormal here, IMO. It's April, therefore kite flying, windy weather. This is pretty standard. So nothing to write home about in that regard.

However, one thing I did notice is that we did not witness a single blue bonnet down here this spring. Usually the fields are completely filled with blue bonnets as far as the eye can see. But this year not a single one- or any other wild flower for that matter.

Spring in Texas is my favorite time of year for that very reason. Driving around the countryside and seeing flower filled fields is a favorite pastime of mine. But no flowers anywhere.

We've had very low rainfall so I'm assuming that's the cause.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
South Texas here,west of San Antonio...HORRIBLE winds for the past 2 weeks or so,seriously it's on my last nerve because you can't keep a grill let,it messes up your hair, and it really is beating up my garden and roses!

Been here over 25 years and have never,ever, experienced this,it wears you down!
Trying to load groceries in my truck the other day and it blew the door back so hard into my shoulder I saw stars.
There is a change in this "wind"...I can sense it.

I'm not a freakshow (well,unless you ask nicely,LOL!) but I went and stood outside the other night when the wind woke me up...it smelled "funny" out there,very "ozone-y" although it was clear and the sounds were odd and off...haven't heard a coyote all Spring and usually they are everywhere.

I always try to "tune in" whenever possible,guess it's the Celtic in me but never,ever,in my life has "living" felt so odd and off-center before.
I sometimes feel like my senses are having to tune in more closely,that they're "failing me a bit" so to speak.

I wouldn't discount anything at this point. Glad it's not just me who's noticed!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

They say that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Well it appears that March and April have forgotten their roles.

I live in sunny South Florida and if it was just the wind it would go without notice but I made a post a long while back speaking of exactly what you are speaking of now.

You are not alone. Lots or people are feeling that something is just not right.

We all know that something is amiss. We just don't know what.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join