It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cloning and psychosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
it's been a while since i've made a topic. i bet you all missed me, huh?

well, lately i've been thinking about cloning. i'm not exactly sure why, it's just been in my head a lot.

cloning is when you take the DNA of one person and use it to create an exact replica of said person, correct? but, what makes you think that the DNA will forget what happened to the original?
take hitler, for example. not sure why we'd clone him, but we tend to do things that don't make sense, huh? so anyways, we clone hitler.
i've been under the impression that DNA is the blue print for everything. including our mind. well, the mind's DNA would not forget what happened to the first hitler. thus, he would try to get back into power.

also, since the DNA can not forget about the original's life, it would make the clone insane. knowing that they had already died... wouldn't that drive you insane? adn thus, the clones would probably be prone to violence and suicide.

i really think it is a bad idea to try and clone humans. maybe it worked with the sheep, but they really don't have the same kind of awareness that we do.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No, there is no information written into the DNA during the life of a person. Nothing about the history or ideas of the person who originally had the DNA is coded into the DNA.

Clones can't remember what the original person did, otherwise you would remember half what your father did and half what your mother did. You have half your DNA from your mother and half from your father.

Cloning does have a few medical problems at the moment. The DNA used to clone is usually already damaged a bit and the telomeres are usually quite short, limiting the lifespan of the clone. I've also read that cloning gives problems with the proteins that regulate what genes are switched on and off, because the DNA used for cloning is usually from already differentiated cells.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There are a lot of clones walking around today. None of them are any more unusual than anyone else, and knowing that they have a clone hasn't driven any of them crazy.

They're called "identical twins."

Yes, really.

join