It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican, US Imports Banned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Mexican, US Imports Banned

www.straitstimes.com

MOSCOW - RUSSIA, fearing the spread of swine flu, on Sunday banned meat imports from Mexico, several US states and nine Latin American nations, a spokesman for Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said.

It imposed the immediate ban after PM Putin ordered the establishment of a special commission to deal with the threat of swine flu, although no cases have yet been reported in Russia.

Imports of all raw meat and meat products from Mexico and the US states of Texas, California and Kansas shipped...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow - this is a big news... Making good to US and Mexican economy, uh?

Russia has been quit silent from tnis pandemic issue, but now they broke the silence with great news bomb - and this will spread all around - "What Putin knows, what we maybe dont?" ... Many country will soon follow this order, I quess - and maybe not banning only food products, but all travel and goods.

I think "SwineFlu" Biowar has begun - and its not natural.

www.straitstimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This would seem to be a far bit more serious than a "standard" flue outbreak.

They do indeed know something that we don't!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
This would seem to be a far bit more serious than a "standard" flue outbreak.

They do indeed know something that we don't!

Except more people have died from the real flu than this flu, and no one from the U.S. even require medical attention to get over the flu. It is so serious

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I wonder how Corona is doing?

I feel sorry for those that drink it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60127951baa1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This will be as serious as the media and governments want it to be. I doubt this flu is any worse than SARS or the avian flu. It can seem worse if the governments want it to be and people panic and think everytime they get a cough and runny nose they are dying from the flu

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Except more people have died from the real flu than this flu, and no one from the U.S. even require medical attention to get over the flu. It is so serious

Absolutely true.

Which REALLY begs the question of "Why make such a big global deal about this then?"

Ya know what I mean?

AB1

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Funny how the states is keeping this low key and here in BC and elsewhere its big news??

Will the censorship ever stop in the states....... I think NOT!!

Edit to add that a second thought also comes to mind, having lived both in Canada and the states .... more people are without medical means in the states so the possibility of spreading it is more real there than other places since people are app to just keel over before they go to the doctor!!

[edit on 26-4-2009 by svpwizard]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You guys are incorrect, more people have died from all normal flu strains combined maybe but not one single flu strain. This is a single strain the seasonals youre getting are multiple strains. No single strain has killed this many is such a short time. And some people have resistance to those normal strains. No one has resistance to this.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Damn . . . the price of beef of beef is going to rise . . . considering Texas has the largest cattle industry in the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
to the last poster...

My double cheeseburgers better not go up another .40!! I need those to survive my day to day fast food binges! /sarcasm off

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

There some of us who eat beef other than hamburgers . . . that are cooked on a pit

[edit on 26/4/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
mmmmmmmmmmm beef!!! I dont want to have to give that stuff up. That would cause some kind of withdrawals I think.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
oops sorry double post

anyway... since i have the space......mmmmmmmmmm beef!!!!

[edit on 26-4-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Damn . . . the price of beef of beef is going to rise . . . considering Texas has the largest cattle industry in the world.

No, it is going to go down. More supply drives price down.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Hmm with what you just said ...another conspiricy entered my mind ..
Maybe this is all for the purpose of major support of National Healthcare for all that they have been pushing for here for awhile now ..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is complete BS! Here is the thing! The disease is not going to be spread from muscle tissue! This is not the way it works- IT IS A RESPIRATORY PATHOGEN! Also in the US (not true for Mexico) most pigs are intensivily housed (there are still some backyard people but the vast majority of pork in this country comes from large operations) meaning the people who work there gown in to go to the pigs, then the pigs ALL move from the nursery to the growers to the finishers in large groups with NO mixing between the groups. Those pigs are not going to get avian flu! It just does not work like that. It is a terrible system for the individual animal and truthfully I believe cruel however it does slash disease rates which means pigs grow faster and bigger so capitalism wins in this case.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kupoliveson
This is complete BS! Here is the thing! The disease is not going to be spread from muscle tissue! This is not the way it works- IT IS A RESPIRATORY PATHOGEN! Also in the US (not true for Mexico) most pigs are intensivily housed (there are still some backyard people but the vast majority of pork in this country comes from large operations) meaning the people who work there gown in to go to the pigs, then the pigs ALL move from the nursery to the growers to the finishers in large groups with NO mixing between the groups. Those pigs are not going to get avian flu! It just does not work like that. It is a terrible system for the individual animal and truthfully I believe cruel however it does slash disease rates which means pigs grow faster and bigger so capitalism wins in this case.

Well the thing I see is I read today there are 615 cases now ..... and if it keeps multiplying wouldn't this number get to a really large amount of people in another week or so??

top topics

join