It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What don't you like the Chinese regime?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by All-Father

"If you are a pedestrain, a car will run you down if you get it its way."
That's a global characteristic. When did you know a pedestrian to walk in front of a car a NOT get punted aside ?

They have a few human rights issuesdoes

Thank you for your time. Thank ya verah much. T'ank 'oo, t'ank 'oo!!!

Have you ever been to China? the drivers dont stop even when its a red light.

They have few human rights i think you mean.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by drunk]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
These kinds of threads seem to highlight the general misconceptions that many people have about cultures different from their own.

I would agree with AllFather, china is a very impressive nation and has a strong enterpeurial spirit in its workers.

I haven't heard anything about a chinese 9/11 game but there are certainly web sites by europeans which make jokes about 9/11 and some such. And if one or two chinese people were cheering, does that generalisation fit a billion people?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Allfather is correct in some aspects but the cars and the pedestrian thing is true, it nearly happened to me.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by drunk]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nobody said they hated the CHINESE did they? It's the government I have a problem with.

A good friend of mine was IN China during 911, and that's who I got some of my information from. After watching the terrible news of 911 he went to a health club to work out, he had about 500 people laughing at him and pointing. Apparently they have a govenment instilled negative opinion regarding the west. I have yet to go there, it's on my list, and I'll post my findings once I'm there.

Opps. the internet is censored in China, I'd better wait until I leave the country before posting anything about it.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Ninjorp]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah, Mao established forced-labor camps, numerous prisons, and massive "re-education" and "self-criticism" programs in order to weed out counter-revolutionary political ideas.

Under the Democratic Dictatorship, all four classes of society would be represented (democracy), but the government would deal with conservative or counter-revolutionaries harshly (dictatorship).From 1949 to 1954, Mao undertook an aggressive campaign against all his political opponents around the country. Mao claimed to have executed some 800,000 individuals described as "class enemies," but Western historians put the figure at several times that amount.
www.wsu.edu:8001...

When I watched a show on the history channel a couple weeks ago, they had talked about how they are running out of farming land... They had to start building on top of mountains, and rolling hills... They don't have enough water for agriculture, The CEO of GM or chrysler, said their sales went up 60% because more and more people are buying cars there.

They estimate that china will become #1 in global warming and the US will drop to second.

Also in China, they talked about how they are cutting down trees and ruining the white monkey or some monkey's habitat, a couple started filming them and when the media got hold of the tapes, then the government did something about it, but before they didn't even care..

In 1950, the government passed the Agrarian Reform Law, which officially ended land ownership in China. All land and agricultural tools were to be evenly distributed among the landlords, rich peasants, and poor peasants. In reality, though, the enforcement of the law led to bitter trials in local rural communities. Poor peasants denounced the predatory practices of landlords and rich peasants. Most lost everything and many were executed.

China, thoroughly isolated after the Sino-Soviet split in 1960, rejoined the international community when Richard Nixon, President of the United States, visited the People's Republic in 1972. This was, to say the least, an unexpected turn of events, but the event radically altered Chinese history. From this meeting arose a d&eeacute;tente between the two countries. The United States recognized that there was one and only China rather than two (Taiwan and the People's Republic) and affirmed the West's commitment to a peaceful reunification of the two Chinas. China benefitted in other ways as well: the d�tente allowed China to import airplanes, technology, and other products; this, more than anything else, led to rapid modernization in the late 1970's and 1980's. The Americans for their part gained a new trading partner which would import more American goods than export goods of its own and the Americans severely weakened the military and international position of Soviet Russia. In the game of superpower politics, Nixon's rapprochement with China cannily made the United States the key player in international politics.
www.wsu.edu:8001...

Now China is booming with industry. Although their people make low wages.
Some of their new cars include the older model jeep cherokee. They have hummer's there but nobody can afford one.

The Chinese people don't understand why everything in America is so big...
They say that our cars are too big, our food is too big (referring to fast food cups [Biggie size]).

That site in an interesting read.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join