It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What don't you like the Chinese regime?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What do people think about China? Looking at Nation Master and CIA Worldbook documentation its quite an impressive nation. Yet there are substaintial concerns over human rights. Its also the US's most likely 'nemesis'. What you DISLIKE about China?

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by mrsteve]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What don't you like about China?

I tell you what I hate about the little bastards......

We only have ONE good chinese resturant in town so they can charge too much for their buffet

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't have anything against China, except for that whole human rights thing. thats a little pesky.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

What don't you like about China?

I tell you what I hate about the little bastards......

I hpe this was a joke cos i have a Chinese g/f i am gonna assume you meant it in a humourous way.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShirtNinja
I don't have anything against China, except for that whole human rights thing. thats a little pesky.

Yeah you are right there they dont give criminals a fair chance o.k some dont deserve it, the judicial system is very very harsh.

Death penalty here death penalty there.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by drunk]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke.

I love chinese food and the ONLY good resturant around here charges too much.

If thats not a conspiricy I dont know what is

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
WHAT is up with these what don't you like
do you hate
is wrong with [insert name of place]?

why the complaints people?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thats cool then Amuk

Yeah most food from foreign countries cost an arm and a leg.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

do you hate

Its a trend dude dont you see

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

do you hate

I think its just people trying to stir the pot a little

I find it MUCH more satasifing to hate people on an indivigual basis than just race, country. religion,etc.

I say just get to know them THEN you will find a reason to hate them

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ah, thats a reason

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

ah, thats a reason

Yo dude careful about the 1 liners you'll get penalised for it by Mods.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by drunk]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Maybe to make the topic properly political correct it should be rephrased as:

What do you dislike about the Chinese regime?

Opposed to racial biggertry about chinese people and indiviuals. (not that there has been any so far.)

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well steve why dont you change it

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ok I never thought that this thread was about racisim.
but, I was just told a peice of good advice, if we all want to sit aroud talkin' about this stuff, thats fine. But after the talk we all have to over there and fix what we were whining about.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
First of all, I dislike that really tall Chinese dude that plays in the NBA. He is now endorsing McDonald's products I believe. Took over Kobe's job. Anyway, I dislike him because he really stuffed Paul Pierce one night at the Fleet Center, and didn't get called for the obvious foul.

Seriously, I dislike the fact that we don't know much about what goes on over there. Call me a nosey neighbor, but it makes me uncomfortable. I'd be happier if they'd come over for a barbecue on Sunday, and all the silverware was still here when they went home.

When I think of China, I think of that young person that sat down in front of the tank in Tienamen Square. I liked that.

__

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
No freedom of Religion. That have a church, where people pray to 'The Party'.

No freedom of speech.

If you are a pedestrain, a car will run you down if you get it it's way.

Workers are slaves in China, if you look up from the assembly line for a moment, you are instantly fired and replaced within a minute.

Chairman Mau killed about 30,000,000 of his own people, right brain creative types. Ever wonder why all those Chinese students in school were really good in math?

If you own a business the govenment call just tell you to move, you have 24 hours. The next day it's a park.

After 911, people in China were cheering. They made video games about it as well as documentaries. Look at the weak Americans running.

Take a little trip there, check it out, but keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for you.

D

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
They have human rights issues, they're trying to tighten control over Hong Kong which I'm not too happy with. But I have to admit since President Hu Jintao came into power China has grown up in terms of politics. Instead of spewing out communist rhetoric they have shown that they can be a player in world issues.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Calm down, dude.

"No freedom of religion. That have a church, where people pray to 'The Party'."
Pray to the party ? Riiiiiight...

"No freedom of speech."
Depends what you're saying, and to who.

"If you are a pedestrain, a car will run you down if you get it its way."
That's a global characteristic. When did you know a pedestrian to walk in front of a car a NOT get punted aside ?

"Workers are slaves in China, if you look up from the assembly line for a moment, you are instantly fired and replaced within a minute."
You read too many cereal boxes. They're dedicated workers, that's all.

"Chairman Mau [sp] killed about 30,000,000 of his own people, right brain creative types. Ever wonder why all those Chinese students in school were really good in math?"

"If you own a business the govenment call just tell you to move, you have 24 hours. The next day it's a park."
A business park ?

"After 911, people in China were cheering. They made video games about it as well as documentaries. Look at the weak Americans running."
The only planes they like to see crash are spy-planes.

"Take a little trip there, check it out, but keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for you."
Or, alternatively, if you DO open your mouth, make sure you understand and respect the culture, and are at least courteous (in a sincere, non-BS kind of way). China is not a Western culture. Don't judge them in terms of "whiteness".

China, to me, as some may have realised from another post I've made, is a very impressive nation. They have a few human rights issues, sure, but so does virtually every country in the free world. Should you actually read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights at some point, you will realise the United States has been violating many of its points for decades.

Thank you for your time. Thank ya verah much. T'ank 'oo, t'ank 'oo!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ninjorp
After 911, people in China were cheering. They made video games about it as well as documentaries. Look at the weak Americans running.

Dunno about this i've never seen this kinda game besides i doubt the Chinese people would cheer at such a serious thing.I live in Hong Kong and we get most computer games from the Mainland i dont play computer games but i have friends who do and they havnt mentioned any kinda game to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join