It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This picture....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Obama as Jesus

This picture absolutely makes me want to puke. Are people that desperate for a messiah, savior, whatever you wanna call it? Are people really that dumb? That blind? Simply disgusting.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

That's the lamest thing I've ever seen.

Anyone who's dumb enough to paint that or to order someone to paint it is just worth shooting.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Yeah, it's just as bad as people calling Obama the anti-christ.

Equally stupid IMHO

It takes all types I suppose.

[edit on 26/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Interesting work of art.

Here's an article on it.

Painter Michael D'Antuono To Unveil Controversial New Work in NYC's Union Square on Obama's 100th Day in Office

NEW YORK, April 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Michael D'Antuono may raise more questions than answers when he unveils his highly controversial new painting, "The Truth" on the South Plaza of NYC's Union Square on the 100th day of Barack Obama's presidency. The artist's politically-, religiously- and socially-charged statement on our nation's current political climate and deep partisan divide has been privately raising eyebrows (and voices) since its creation.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What happened to our generation? was it something in the cheerios, wheeties? not sure, but any man no matter there color, that has to read every speech from a telepromter is no messia. Easy solution to this insanity is to shut the power down

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
HAHAAHA
yeah theres some pathetic/miserable people out there who NEEDS a savior cause they're so f----- up themselves.
The whole idea of Obama being some kind of Messiah is just WRONG...
COME ON PEOPLE!!!we're better than this.
makes me so mad!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So, your government really wants to portray your president as the messias?

They really want to show that ugly piece of a canvas in the public? Have they lost all sense for sanity?

What message does this bear? Everything that our president does, is right. Some kind of infallicy, like the pope or Louis XIV. A signal, that from now on every resistance against the president is resistance against god's laws.

poor guys

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum

They really want to show that ugly piece of a canvas in the public? Have they lost all sense for sanity?

What message does this bear? Everything that our president does, is right. Some kind of infallicy, like the pope or Louis XIV. A signal, that from now on every resistance against the president is resistance against god's laws.

poor guys

I'm sorry, but I think I missed the part where the government was doing this.

If you would, point me in the direction of this being government sanctioned and/or sponsored.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

poor guys

Freedom of Speech and Expression is a burden we here in the U.S. currently live with. Now, that might change under the Obama administration and we may have the same 'peace of mind' you over in Europe have with governmental censorship, but currently it hasn't.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
All right, so it's just one artist. Thank's for correcting me

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

All right, so it's just one artist. Thank's for correcting me

Not your fault. You're just used to all art having to be sanctioned by the state or church before it's produced, like the picture in your avatar.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Then there is the other interpretation of the painting. That it is a satirical representation. My take is that the artist has gone over the top to show how ridiculous the messianic claims (on both sides) are.

See, that's one of the things that art is supposed to do. Inspire thought and discussion. I think it's an ugly painting in any case, never mind the content.

[edit on 4/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Then there is the other interpretation of the painting. That it is a satirical representation. My take is that the artist has gone over the top to show how ridiculous the messianic claims (on both sides) are.

See, that's one of the things that art is supposed to do. Inspire thought and discussion. I think it's an ugly painting in any case, never mind the content.

[edit on 4/26/2009 by Phage]

That's actually a great perspective on this painting Phage. I never really even considered that. I am guilty of being over zealous about peoples' claims of Messiah and Anti-Christ in regards to Obama. I mean really, he's a man, and not a very bright one at that. After all, he submitted to being a puppet for the puppet masters. And besides, everyone knows that the real Anti-Christ is Supriem David Rockefeller anyways.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm amused at how worked up you people are at what is a bad piece of art to begin with. There's hardly any emotion in those bright, gaudy colors.

How about instead of ridiculing someone else's hope and belief, you become proactive with the groups you DO agree with.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Thank god i am not used to such an apotheosis that is shown in your avatar

top topics

join