It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why there's Swine Flu In The Media!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I disagree. Unfortunately, media coverage distorts peoples perception of the frequency of certain kinds of events but not the actual frequency with which they happen.

I'm a GA pilot. When I talk to people about flying small planes the typical reaction is 'No way wuold I get in one of those! They crash all the time.' This is patently untrue. But for some reason, if a small plane has any kind of situation anywhere in the country --- like an off-airport landing or gear-up landing --- it's on the local news. So the impression is that small planes fall out of the sky all day long.

Same is true of any media focus. People lose their probability reference. If you've ever bought a new car you'll likely have seen this forst hand. Once you buy your new car you see the same model everywhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Youre dead right man.
We're all gonna die.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What makes your theory any different or more real than the half dozen (and counting) threads bouncing around here at the moment?

All it is, is a knee jerk, fear mongering, blind leading the blind kind of theory.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
well by bringing this too our attention you are effectivlely promoting the flu.
now can i stop myself from thinking about the flu pandemic... hang on...
its going... its going..... its gone!~~~~

oh wait its back.

unlucky

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
I'm bringing this to your attention because it's VERY important.

Take a look at what's going on for a second from an outer perspective of a person who can see the BIGGER picture.

this person who can see the bigger picture than us sheep

when will he/she get here to enlighten us?

I only see black and white

so please tell the enlightened one to hurry and save us

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

My thread is to inform you of how the universe operates, so that you can learn more and expand your mind as a human being.

I'm bringing the focus to the fact of how the universe truly operates, so that you can become enlightened, and KNOW that what is going on in this world is really an illusion, and it doesn't have to exist in this way.

For if I had not said it, then who would have...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

ENERGY FLOWS WHERE ATTENTION GOES.

That one sentence is truly life changing if you get its real meaning.

We are our own creators.

The Swine Flu is the creation of our imagination. It will only expand if we allow it to.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Seany

ENERGY FLOWS WHERE ATTENTION GOES.

That one sentence is truly life changing if you get its real meaning.

We are our own creators.

The Swine Flu is the creation of our imagination. It will only expand if we allow it to.

Considering the worlds attention has been on BIRD FLU for the last 2 odd years, wouldn't it have been this form of flu that would be manifesting on a pandemic scale according to this theory?

Swine Flu has caught everyone with their pants down as it was totally unexpected.

So I'm not getting how the theory works.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The CDC and WHO have both said that this is a serious situation. I don't see how predicting thousands of deaths proves your "law of attraction" theory.

Also, the SARS virus and bird flu have been beat to death by the MSM, yet millions are not dead from that.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
About the only thing I feel compelled to say to you, OP, is that I think you've possibly watched The Secret one too many time and believe that just about anything is possible via our minds.

That may be true, in a world where we as a species learn how to use our minds, however, when our subconscious thought (as the world stands now) is primarily focused on who's winning American Idol and Dancing with the Stars as the most important things going on, then I think we've got quite a long way to evolve before we can tap that.

As far as suicide bombers, the only reason that they are more prevalent NOW, is simply because of the MSM's focus ON terrorism; that has caused them to seek out other ways of procuring their results. Terrorism isn't even CLOSE to anything new; the mechanics have changed, not the game.

AB1

[edit on 26-4-2009 by alphabetaone]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Its to create the fear, its not the flu that will kill you, you never know what the answer they will give you will be.

Aids has been beat to death too in the media and hardly anywhere near the numbers have died from that theat they said would happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The universe works in this way:

Energy Flows Where Attention Goes!

So if a LARGE number of people are bombarded with the word TERRORIST day in and day out, then those events start to happen OFTEN!

Ask yourself this:

When was the last suicide attack? Today, yesterday, the day before, etc.

It will ONLY stop if we STOPPED giving it our attention.

This is why the Media is controlled!

You know, you are almost getting somewhere with this - almost, but you are looking at it from the wrong anglewhich is preventing you from seeing the obvious. Things don't stop because you have stopped giving then your attention. They go un-noticed because they are not brought to your attention.

This thread is IMPORTANT because I'm going to be proven correct, and you'll see that everything is generated by our own minds.

The reason I wrote this is because Millions of the General population will cause EVERYONES' collapse.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by bobbylove321]

Ok, i'll do my best. I posted the below reply in another thread where the OP had a not to disimilar theory to your own.......

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

No, I wish it were insanity, but I think it's just growing pains of becoming more aware that coincidences aren't just coincidences, and our connectivity is far deeper than we imagined.

Without revealing too much pesonal information, there are times when I've experienced great emotional anguish over events in my life. Like clockwork, I will see something on the news, or hear a phrase in a song, or see a simple sign on the highway that gives a simple statement....perhaps an answer or a few words of encouragement that go above and beyond just being "weird". Once I started to notice it, it became more and more prevelant. Then it became common place. Then I started to test the theory. A year or a few years from now, I wonder where this will take me, because the more I discover, the more amazing it gets.

I think you summed it up perfectly there (in bold), although i still keep an open mind

When i bought my first car, i would start seeing loads of cars that were the same make and model as mine. The same can be said of the cars that i later bought, and that of my friends and family.
This wasn't confined to me, the same thing applies to most people i know.
The point is that it was because either myself or someone i knew had that make and model that we noticed the other vehicles - they would have been there - just un-noticed.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 26-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Wow your in the thread making mood today huh? trying to get points up i see

Just finished reading some completly baseless evidence free thread about how we have to months to live, then i get into another one that looks interesting and low and behold its another thread by you that is completly baseless and evidence free

So this thread you are saying that whatever the populace thinks about manifests itself so in that case you are contributing to that by making threads saying we have to months left and we are all gonna get swine flu?

I like the logic, maybe we can jump into a portal you can open like in your other thread you made?

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
good gravy....what next? The lexicon of absurdity.

OK...I am wondering why I spend so much time reading such far-fetched articles. Is there a censoring or a review process before such fantasy is put out for print here??

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

tell that to those who have already died, its only imagination. man what kinda of durgs are you on

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Just as I pointed out in another thread about this same subject, that when any give immense attention and focus to anything it is sure to manifest. It is not so much of law of attraction like presented in the film' the secret', it's natural human tendency.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They have done studies on group concentration and it does indeed work.

They have had a few thousand people pray or meditate on someone who is sick and that person gets well.

They have done groups where they meditate/concentrate on a sighting or UFO calling and they appear.

Whitley Streiber and George Noory on Coast to Coast have both done this and both acheived real results.

I see what he is talking about. Millions of people worrying or thinking about one specific thing generates energy and results negative or positive effect.

If millions are scared and worrying about this flu, it gives the situation a negative boost and helps the situation get worse. We intensify our own reality.

If they start talking about vaccination in the media, people will think it is the norm and be more willing to go out and get it in which you will have hundreds of thousands getting a shot with who knows what in it.

So, he is correct.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by arizonascott]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So if no one talked or thought about suicide bombers. those same people would not exist?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that in a quantum sense we all create this reality and shape it collectively.

But that does not mean there are religious extremists that will disappear if we dont think about them. By the media spamming terrorists it breeds them? 1 day an innocent, peaceful islamic person wakes up and decides he is going to become a martyr because somewhere else in the world people are focused on that? flawed idea.

the reason terrorists are on tv because
-sensationalism, it makes a good story
-people want to know what is happening in the middle east.

terrorist attacks were minor and never really happened until 9/11. love that american ego. just because you were not taught about them doesnt mean they didnt happen. or was that just the good people trying to keep it from happening by countering the huddled masses focusing...yeah you get my point.

Again, i understand the collective conscious shaping this reality. but the universe is not controlled by the media. people will become more likely to get the flu shot, because they see it everywhere, not for the fact that it is being imprinted on their brain through universal means.

if you show someone a mcdonalds advertisement 3 times aday and dont show another person. who is more likely to buy mcdonalds? why? becuase it is being shoved in their face, not because of focused energy.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So what you're saying is if we pay no attention to people dying of a mysterious flu it will just disappear?

Sounds like the old saying "out of sight, out of mind"

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Maybe you could walk us through the mechanics of this phenomenon? The millions of Sheeple watch the media offerings on terrorism, this causes the suicide bomber to take action, how? Better yet; which came first chicken or egg?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join