It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I felt the fear and yet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This incident happened in 1979.
I lived alone in a flat and my boyfriend had just left. It was about midnight. It was a bitterly cold night and I climbed into bed. There was a light chord above my bed, which I pulled to turn off the light, then snuggled down, laying on my right side, to sleep.
The moment I closed my eyes, I felt the bottom of my bed sink, as though someone had sat on it.
My eyes popped open with the greatest feeling of dread I have ever felt. My mind was in turmoil. I thought someone had sneaked into the flat and once my boyfriend had left 'he' was going to attack, rape or even murder me. I tried to speak but only a choked gurgle came from my lips. All the while I could feel 'his' weight forcing the bed down.
My only way out of the flat was to try and dash past him, run down the stairs and out onto the street. I knew that would have been futile and realised that I would have to confront him and try talking my way out. Then it occured to me that, because of the flat's lay-out, no-one could possibly have entered. I then believed what I was experiencing was paranormal.
I had no choice but to face him. I sprang up, turning to face him and pulled the light chord. There was no-one there. I was badly effected by this for some time and had to stay at my parents for a week.
I definitely was not asleep.
I should say that I have had a number of paranormal experiences, though that was the only unpleasant one, and reflecting, I have to admit that while I was terrified, I was not harmed in any way.
I wonder how many people have had an experience like this and come out unscathed. Maybe my fear caused me to miss an opportunity of actual communication.
Any way, since then, many things have happened and I can honestly say I don't get frightened. Who knows, maybe one day I will be trusted enough not to freak out for a visitor to stay and have a chat.
So please, if you have any similar experiences, I'd love to hear.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think that if you are sensative enough to 'feel it' / 'know it' once, that you'll be able to sence it again.

I've had many expriences, and yes, some throw me for a loop - make me go "WHAT THE???", and a few have been scary - but for the most part there is no fear.

Thing is - don't wait for a chat. It's a rear deal to hear, and when you do it's not like you have a conversation. It's quick, there's no answer when you ask a question or talk, and you don't get a repeat. Seems about the only thing I can understand when it's audible is my name or an emotion bleeding through.

I'd say your best bet is to rely on your other sences.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

Thank you Angela.
Care to talk about your experiences?
Like I said, I have had a number of strange experiences and don't feel at all afraid.
What really bugs me, is the not understanding what is going on. I want to know. I want to learn and I want to understand.
It would take up so much time to tell all of the strange things I have experienced, but to me, the more 'things' happen, the more I want them to. Can you relate to that, or do you believe it's an area best left alone.
In retrospect, that incident was like being told, "Theres nothing to be afraid of."
Hope that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yes, I understand. lol
I don't mind sharing at all. There are so many things to say about the subject, so much to share. I know the place you in... you want to know more, hear about it, see it and feel it and understand it more more more and now now now! I was in that place for many many years (decades actualy). I guess I just got to the point of realizing that "it is what it is" and there are some things we can't control and just won't understand.

Let's see. I know you would like details, and I'd be more than happy to give them. But there is so much to choose from! So many different kinds of things that have happened. (I should tell you that I think that unless someone has been through an expereince, I can't understand how on earth they could believe us when we talk about them). So in that light, I'll talk about something that is near your expereince. One that happens pretty often (thursday afternoon was the last time.)

Feeling the bed shake. Sometimes when I'm still half asleep and it happens, I think - that's odd, I'm feeling sound. I know - that's a crazy statement - but that's what always comes to my sleeping mind.

It feels like a child comes in and shakes the bed to wake up mom, you know? Most of the time there is no feeling of anyone around (I sleep alone duiring the day... I get up at 4am, and am home again by 9am to take a few hour nap before going back to work again at 1)....

As I was saying - most of the time I don't feel that there is someone there. Some time I wake up simply because I feel like there is someone looking at me or standing next to the bed. But usualy the bed shaking thing has none of that. You know how it fels when your standing outside and a big loud thunder roles in, you kind of feel the ground and the air and everything around you rumble ... kind of like a very small earth quake that you can feel but that doesn't rattle the dishes.

Once I felt - now talk about sounding crazy - this is going to sound like I'm a nut case ready for lock up... but I felt like something about 3 or 4 inches thick and at least a foot long (maybe longer) came down and hit me/went right THROUGH my head! It went in at the center and hairline top of the forhead and kept right on going through! I was sleeping and it WOKE ME UP faster than you can say the workds. Before it was over I was awake. My thought was that it was like a ghost (for lack of a better word) had a big heavy ghost book and it had smashed it right through my head!

It didn't scare me, but I thought, after being confused for a long several moments, that it's a good thing they can't hurt us or touch us in a physical way! But at the same time, I don't think it was a malitious harmful intent knd of thing - I think it was a WAKE UP! or something kind of thing... like a irritated, trying to get me to understand or listen wack on the head.

What other types of expereinces have you had, and at what age did it begin for you.... you mom or grandmothers have anything?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Amazing! And finally someone who understands.
My first was a prophetic dream aged about 13. The dream came true a few hours later.
Through-out my life I've heard a voice, (male) call my name as I was about to fall asleep. I thought it was my imagination, until I got much older, then the voice would say something and it was always right. e.g: I was cooking and about to add 2 eggs to the dish. I cracked the first egg and heard 'him' say "Bad egg"
but as I'd already cracked it and it was falling into the dish I had no time to stop. The egg was fine and I thought, maybe I should speak to a professional, then I cracked in the other egg and the smell hit me. It was rancid.
Last year a young girl went missing and I was thinking about her. I heard the voice say "Mick" The next day a man was arrested. His name was Michael, but he was known as Mick.
I went to the cash machine for my usual shop and he said, (the voice) "Check your balance." I did and my cheque had not gone in. I must add, I never check my account before I shop. It was a one off delayed payment.
The most interesting and frustrating was a few months back. I heard him say, very slowly and precisely, "Can.. you.. hear.. me?" I was so calm and not freaked out, I said "Yes. Can you hear me?" Then there was nothing. How wierd is that.
There's so much more Angela, not just the voice. You want to hear more?
This could take a long time.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
LOL! I sure remember that feeling - wow! there are others like me! And no matter how many (few actualy) I meet, it's still exciting when someone really understands, not just listening because it's fasinating.

I can't say for sure when the "dream thing" started happening. Thee ae other non-sleep "dream things" as well (I don't know how to lable things because usualy I don't like the words that are already out there.)

Me too... that voice that I can hear, usualy as I'm going to sleep or it wakes me out of a sleep. LOL "bad egg". Too funny! I had some kind of a ??? for a while, one of those constant companion type things. Crack me up! I tend to say things outloud or type them, write them, think them and find them later, after something happened - it's like, wow - I just said that. (I have to be careful because people start noticing, you know? It kind of creeps people out, but they want to know more at the same time).

I don't get alot on news stuff. Although there is a woman missing (the day she went missing whe was due to deliever a baby any day)... I knew before I even hear about a x-boyfreind... somehow I just knew she was dead, the baby was dead and the man who got her pregnent did it. They haven't found the body yet - bit I know it's true.

And I've seen terrible accidents and things only to see little tid bits about it on the news or hear about it from friends of theirs. I always wonder how much to tell others about it. How would a mother react if a few days after her child dies a stranger calls to say, "Hi, I had a dream and you son wanted me to tell you..."

Sure - I'd love to hear more. For me, it seems over time my gifts of ??? change and develope and grow. I have times where it's like all the time, then times where there seems to be nothing. Hearing physicaly with my ear is one of the ways that I get the least, but I wish it were more.

OH! Another thing... you know how when you go up in an airplain you get that pressure in your ears and have to "pop" your ears? I will often gt it in just one ear... seems to be assosioated with a "get ready here it comes" kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have never had the ears popping. Do you ever get scared by it? Or are you like me, wanting to know more. It sounds like you are.
One night I was chilling out at my parents home, one Sunday evening. I felt the most amazing sense of a presence. Not at all scary. It filled the room, so I acknowledged it and said something like, "I know you're here, I can feel you. Will you give me a physical sign?"
Well, we had a clock on the wall that hadn't worked for years. It hung on the wall for sentimental reasons, plus, it was a very nice clock. When I asked for a sign, the clock began to tick. It was absolutely amazing. I slid onto the floor, cupped my chin in my hands and just watched as the hands moved. The feeling was so beautiful. The clock ticked for twenty minutes then at the moment it stopped, the feeling was gone.
Once at Christmas I was feeling so down. My kids were in bed, I sat downstairs crying my heart out. My son had got a radio controlled robot and it was under the tree. It moved all by itself. I immediately stopped crying and focused on the robot. I assumed it was a sign, so again, I acknowledged it, asking if there was a spirit with me, to move the robot again, and it lit up and moved across the floor. I admit I got a bit freaky and thanked whoever was there, but I couldn't handle it. I went to bed but the next morning I checked the robot and it was switched off.
One time I was sharing a flat with my friend. We were each laid on our beds watching T.V when the hair brush came flying off the dresser and landed half way across the room.
On three occasions I have felt someone squeeze my shoulder, but in a nice way.
You want more?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There have been a few times I've been scared... not many though. I'd love to know more, but I guess I've exausted all avenues of aquiring information really. Well - not everything. I am now a cirtified hypnotherapist... so I'd like to kind of play around with hypnosis and see what I can find out from people like us while under.

I've done that "give me a sign' thing so many times. lol Generaly I get nothing though. The presence usualy comes with some information. By the smell I can tell if it is someone I knew. I can tell if it's male or female, if there is a 'reason' or if it's just there, if it's a 'good' or 'bad' type thing.

When I'm really down - usualy grieving or just plain sad over a lost loved one, there will be this feeling of ... well, let's just say I can go from tears and heartach to the silliest grin on my face and all but laughing out loud. Just pure joy. Almost like an "inside hug". Especialy from my brother. He visited me after he died - it was THE most precious gift I'll ever recieve.

I've had the sholder squeeze - sometimes it is hot and heavy - I associate that with a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My general tactic in dealing with these situations is when the 'fear' is too much or is problematic go with the best 'logical explanation' you can come up with for what just occured. This leaves you free to get the best out of the experiences that bring more positive emotions. (e=energy, emotion=energy in motion).
And remember not all things are there to be understood. Don't worry yourself too much.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have often wondered if a person can be hypnotized into becoming psychic.
Do you have any views or experience on this?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

Thank's for your input Ivy. The problem I had with the scary incident was that there was no logical explanation. My initial fear was because I thought it was an intruder sitting on my bed. It shook me up real bad until I dissected the situation and thought how crazy and very scary it was, yet I was not harmed, therefore, my fear was my own emotion and not that I was truly in danger. It is because of that night's events that I don't get scared when things go bump in the night.
I know there isn't an answer to all my questions but, it's so frustrating, not knowing, who, why, how.
You had any similar experiences?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashflash
I have often wondered if a person can be hypnotized into becoming psychic.
Do you have any views or experience on this?

Well I won't go so far as to say you can make one psychic - but you can make a person much more sensative to or aware of things... and that makes other people think they are in the psychic arena.

We did a little 'thang' with asterial projection at one of our local guild meetings. I've got to say - pretty cool. So some things - yes you can bring a person to be able to do something they otherwise felt they couldn't do.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just on your point about no 'logical' explanation.

What I really mean is that what you experienced was a sensation that somebody was sitting on your bed.
This triggered thoughts for you about rape, escape routes, 'my mind was in turmoil', the feeling of there being a male about to attack you etc.

The trigger was this original sensation.

That is all that you experienced looking from a 'logical' (if that is even the right word) perspective. The emotion you felt after this was also real and their could be other reasons for this.

I'm not knocking the experience at all because I do feel that I understand.

There is an old Celtic story of the dragons where, if I remember rightly, the fire dragon was responsible for your knowledge and experience of the 'paranormal'. In a way, it managed your experiences, such as these you describe, in a way that you were never allowed more than you could deal with. It also prevented you from understanding the whole of 'everything', as a means of preserving some semblance of sanity.

Obviously you were able to deal with this experience as you are able to discuss it now. The story went further to describe 'praying' or asking the said dragon for more or less 'information'.

Like I said, I wouldn't worry but keep the memory as these experiences make for a richer and more exciting journey.

As for my own experiences..... I'll leave that for now, but rest assured I think what happened to you is real enough. Thanks for your interesting posts.

new topics

top topics

join