It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu officially confirmed in New Zealand!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yep, thats right!

On the news when they were talking about swine flu, they mentioned a school trip from a local Auckland college, Rangitoto, to Mexico, having returned only a few days ago.

The students displayed flu-like symptoms, and the news reader said it was possible that they may have contracted Swine Flu. This gave me a pretty darn good scare as I live like... 3 KM away from the school...

At 8:30 (30 mins ago) there was a breaking news announcement, saying that the test swabs just came back from the lab and...

10 out of 13 tests POSITIVE

They had New Zealand's Minister of Health, Tony Ryall live talking about the cases; as of this post I don't think it's been published on any newsites yet, but probably will be tomorrow.

They were on the plane NZ1 from Los Angeles to Auckland yesterday morning...

He also said the results will be sent to the World Health Organisation laboratory in Melbourne to ascertain whether it is the H1N1 swine influenza.

The students are being isolated and kept under house arrest until they can 100% be sure that the students haven't contracted serious influenza.

Honestly, that creeps me out cause I live so damn close...
Infact, I could bike down there...

Also, if you want to know more about Swine Flu, then here's a wiki page: Swine Flu

But yeah, this virus is spreading like the plague (mind the frikkin' pun) and some people are wondering already whether this will be the next big pandemic...
Say hello to our new killer...

But I honestly think this will eventually die down, maybe only killing a few thousand people at max before our scientists can manufacture a cure for this...

Or it might not...

PS. Disregard that part about it not being on any news sites... Here's a link to the page...

Ten influenza results confirmed!

EDIT: Wow, I just googled it, and someone has already updated it onto the newsites...

EDIT 2: Has anyone here ever played the game Pandemic?
If not you should google it.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by killas900]

[edit on 26-4-2009 by killas900]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The thing I would worry about if I was in the US is..
They flew out through LAX !!!

Now how many people commute through there to all parts of the world

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Sounds like a good excuse not to go to work tomorrow than.My boss has been in Auckland too!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by killas900

We have already seen that no-one gives a flying eff about their fellowman.

The people who have replied to you don't. No-one does. People are supposed to care about their fellowman, but they don't, and that is why humanity will end.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by killas900

We have already seen that no-one gives a flying eff about their fellowman.

The people who have replied to you don't. No-one does. People are supposed to care about their fellowman, but they don't, and that is why humanity will end.

Who took the jam out of your doughnut?
How the hell do you know if i care for my fellowman or not?What have you done for your fellowman to make you so high and mighty?Cured AIDS much?
Just because not all of us are jumping on the new scare bandwagon dont mean we dont care.

Edit to add:Will the reply to button ever get fixed?

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Azador]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
According to Teletext it looks like one of the teachers has been taken to hospital, doesnt mention much else, but im assuming its just for precautions since hes got the symptoms. So 2 have been taken to hospital so far out of those from Rangi that appear to have it, heh its kinda funny since I used to go to Westlake Boys which is the next big highschool down the road... man if it ended up at westlake it would have been a nightmare, since it was one heck of a grot hole (after all most all boys schools are like that unfortunately
) not sure how clean Westlake is now after a decade but id still say it would travel like wildfire in those sorts of places.

Good thing I live near Hamilton now rather than Auckland. Hope our little islands can handle it.

What i find odd is they havent (from the sources ive read) mentioned fully if its the exact same flu apart from saying its swine flu? Guess they dont want to cause a panic given what we hear about it from overseas.

Seems some kids from Northcote College (My younger brothers old school) also has a little bit of a scare going on as well since they also recently where in Mexico. Damn swanky schools and their overseas field trips.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by BigfootNZ]

[edit on 26-4-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ill be praying for my brothers and sisters in NZ,(and everywhere else)guess its just a matter of time before it hits Oz.Plenty of kiwis were I am.Just remember something that seems to be lost in all this panic is not everyone dies.You can fight it,extra prays for the kids though.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yeah i just saw this on the News now OMG lucky im in Hamilton and not Auckland. All i can say is from my research on it is that the Mexican Swine Flu is NOT a naturally occurring event but instead is an Advanced Biological Warfare recombination DNA genetically engineered virus.

Now i am putting 1 and 1 together when i think about why they need those fema camps..

Could this be a decoy for the populas to ponder over while the PTB keep spending the publics tax paying dollars and slyly slip in some covert means of implementation of new bills and laws to further enslave us all???

[edit on 27/4/09 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Not sure if its official here in Oz yet but I have noticed a fudge load of people around getting chronic colds and sickness.... so maybe its on its way as we speak ???

Good job I have a chronic immune system thats meant that I have only one cold in the last 18 yrs or so

So I should be ok....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I live in Texas . . . I am giving it to the end of the week. If this does not die down, I will probably yank my kiddos from school.

And Pandemic is a pretty cool game

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No, NOW it's been confirmed to be Swine Flu.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Best comment I ve seen so far about Swine Flu is Vegetarians saying they are safe because they don't eat meat (Pig). Also Muslims are saying they are safe as well....

I have to say " Its official the world will end because of ignorance"

top topics

join