It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie remakes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I've noticed a lot of people think that movies are being used to introduce ideas into society, or that they prophesier or let us know what is going to happen in the future.

I have a question for them... and others.

Are movie remakes an attempt to continually indoctrinate us to various subtle ideas?

We know there have been many movies which have been remade.

What movies have been remade 3 times?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

The Punisher. BAM! That's only twice, but still.

Maybe someone out there wants us all to go Frank Castle on the bad guys.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The zodiac killer??
maybe dawn of the dead..??

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
The zodiac killer??
maybe dawn of the dead..??

Dawn of the Dead has only been remade once and had alot of rip offs.

Zodiac has quite a few.... The Black Dahlia too.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Either that or Hollywood has completely run out of new ideas. However the theory that movies are used as conditioning agents is an interesting one. It could be a good way to make people belive that some things aren't real. Show people aliens blowing up the world enough times and they will dismiss it as falacy. If people belive something is science-fiction, because they see it in movies, maybe they will never question it as a fact. Same with movies like Outbreak and all other over the top films.

One movie re-made 3 times? 1984. There was a version in the 50's, on in 1984, and supposedly a new on will be released next year.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneinthesame
Show people aliens blowing up the world enough times and they will dismiss it as falacy.

What do you mean by that?

Show people rape enough times and they will dismiss it as falacy[sic] ?

Are you saying that if someone sees something enough times that they believe it is fake?

With that reasoning, we should all believe the sky is fake... or at least the sky we see in the movies.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Maybe I didn't explain my statmenet well enough. I'm not trying to say that overexposure to anything will de-sensitize a person into apathy. Obdviously showing someone violent images over and over again will not make people think that murder or rape is fictional.
What I was trying to say is that movies are a recreational form of entertainment, usually fictional, just like many books. Think about movies like Independence Day, Mars Attacks, Terminator, Resident Evil and Hanncock. These movies are so over the top and far away from most people's perception of reality, that most people would just laugh and think that nothing like that could ever actually happen. Seeing things that are obdviously made-up over and over again and being entertained by it stops people from worrying about it. Did you worry about an all out alien invasion after seeing Independence Day, or just think about how funny Will Smith was?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

The reason movies are done over again is because the original was a box office hit. They are done over again to update them into present terms.

Sometimes the remake is also a hit, and sometimes they aren't.

No conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

The reason movies are done over again is because the original was a box office hit. They are done over again to update them into present terms.

Sometimes the remake is also a hit, and sometimes they aren't.

No conspiracy here.

Are you actually saying this is done for money?

Then why do so many people on ATS believe that the movies have secret messages?

Are you saying they are crazy?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Are you actually saying this is done for money?

Yes, I am. Movies that cost millions to be made, aren't made with the intention of losing money!

Then why do so many people on ATS believe that the movies have secret messages?

I have no idea. A lot of movies contain messages, some old ones and some new ones. Try renting a movie called "The Days of Wine and Roses." It's a movie about alcoholism. Not every movie containing a message has to be science fiction or about a conspiracy.

Are you saying they are crazy?

Not at all. Movies are made to make money, plain and simple!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Good response.

Thanks for playing along!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I can't believe I did not think of this earlier, especially with my second post. Night og the Living Dead. Been remade more times than any movie should be. Although I will say I think the one from the 90s was far better than the original.

There's quite a few ways I can see this argument being used with this movie.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
I can't believe I did not think of this earlier, especially with my second post. Night og the Living Dead. Been remade more times than any movie should be. Although I will say I think the one from the 90s was far better than the original.

There's quite a few ways I can see this argument being used with this movie.

Do you think the zombies represent the ever increasing and unrelenting power of the government??

The people are of course the people, trying to fight the powers of the government.

Many of the people die.

What happens to the zombies at the end? Isn't there always some crazy dues ex?

Do you think this is there to make the humans think there is a solution, when there really isn't?

After all, how could the population of the United States defeat the military when the military would be recruiting from the vary population which aimed at defeating them?

It could never happen. The zombies always win.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

If you look up Romero interviews, he always mentions how the survivors are meant to each represent a piece of society. There are the mindless aggressors, the followers, the leaders who are the target of the mindless aggressors who are always blatantly less "bright" than the leader... Mostly it's meant to illustrate the divide and self-defeat inevitability that people always fall into when trying to stand up to something.

top topics

join