It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

first lucid dream in years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Today I had my first lucid dream since years ago, and noticed it happened at about 11 a.m., after I already woke up and then went back to sleep. I have a few questions about some things that happened.
Right when I realized I was dreaming, everything began to fade and blacken, and could feel myself back in my body and mostly awake, yet I still had feeling in my dream and remembered to rub my hands together, which after a minute did work and I returned back into the dream. I was able to keep this lucid dream up for what seemed like hours, and I knew that in real time it was about one hour because before I fell asleep again, I noticed the time was about 10:00, and when I woke up it was about 11:00. But I woke up instantly, there was no fading out of any kind like before, and there were no disturbances or sounds in my house so why did this happen? Another thing, I hear that you can't feel pain in dreams or lucid dreams but when I tried to fly up through the ceiling superman style, my left hand was hurting very bad from hitting it, and I could not go through the ceiling anyway, as it just indented in like it was made of soft foam. So how come I was also able to feel pain?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Today I had my first lucid dream since years ago...

... and remembered to rub my hands together

Forgive me I am new to these parts.. ATS and the opening of my perspective type things. So, what is lucid dreaming? And 'rub your hands together'?

Thank you.

Hugs,
Dax

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

So how come I was also able to feel pain?

I wish I had the answer to this one. Although, I cannot say that I've ever had a lucid event that involved "pain."
As a matter of fact, how would the subconscious really know what physical pain is (at least in my world view).

Do you keep a journal for events such as this?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImzadiDax

Today I had my first lucid dream since years ago...

... and remembered to rub my hands together

Forgive me I am new to these parts.. ATS and the opening of my perspective type things. So, what is lucid dreaming? And 'rub your hands together'?

Thank you.

Hugs,
Dax

A state in which you know your dreaming. Some, can control the dream in this state.
Takes years of study/practice for some.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Maybe you were sleeping over your hand/arm so to speak........
This may have been the cause of the pain you felt during your lucid dream.

Interesting, I don't think I've ever heard of a -rubbing hands technique- before. Bu everyone has different techniques, everyone has something different to work for them. Just like how people prefer different types of liquor over others...... All a matter of preference

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Awesome! You almost APed! (Astral Projected)!!!!

Right when I realized I was dreaming, everything began to fade and blacken, and could feel myself back in my body and mostly awake

The last time I APed I was lucid dreaming. as soon as I figured out I was dreaming, I consciously wanted to Astral Project. When this happened, everything went black and I was almost frozen. I forced myself to open my eyes, but I was out of my body and was seeing everything from my Astral body. It lasted about 20 seconds before I consciously decided to go back to my body and wake up, which happened in an instant.

Awesome dude. keep it up!

A great way to practice this if you want to continue your journey is to constantly ask yourself during the day if you are awake or not. Of course when your awake, you know you are, but this does two things. It keeps you consciously aware of yourself, and, once it becomes second nature, you'll start to ask yourself in your dreams. When you ask yourself in your dream, you'll probably realize something isnt normal and can move on to lucid dreaming and even Astral Projection, if you so desire.
-This advice was given by the 2nd Dalai Lama

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I've used the rubbing your hands together thing before. When you do it, it feels like your hands are asleep, but I think it works to keep you within the dream. As for the pain, I've felt pain before in a lucid dream, but upon waking up I realize the pain wasn't the same as real pain that I have in the waking world. Also, the best way to have a lucid dream is when you're rested, like when you wake up in the morning then go back to sleep.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I dont know about you guys, but how is 'controlling' your dream hard? almost every dream that i have had that i can remember, i have controlled it to one point or another with knowing so.. but i guess everyone is different ;D

And yeah i don't know how the pain was brought about, but ive had quite a few painful dreams in my time aswell.

Cya

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pleaseiwannaknow
I dont know about you guys, but how is 'controlling' your dream hard? almost every dream that i have had that i can remember, i have controlled it to one point or another with knowing so.. but i guess everyone is different ;D

And yeah i don't know how the pain was brought about, but ive had quite a few painful dreams in my time aswell.

Cya

But not 'controlling' the dream in the sense that you're referring.......

The type of control being discussed is namely of being aware that one is in a dream state, which makes it a lucid dream.

We are living in multiple realities my friend, perhaps a 'holopictographic' universe as one researcher touts. Endless dimensions........

Search for: "Nassim Haramein".

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

No the fading out wasn't due to trying to astral project, it was because I was starting to awaken from my dream, but I was then able to get back into it. Actually though, the thought did come to me to astral project when I got back in my dream, I actually thought about the thread you made about that while I was in my dream!
Shocking huh Odessy?
The reason I didn't think directly to AP though is because I wanted to first try another method I remember someone talking about, which was flying straight up which supposedly would take me out of my actual body. Thats where I hit the ceiling and felt the pain. Then I got strayed into doing other stuff in the dream that now that I think about, doesn't really make sense. Like I went outside and decided to fly, then somehow I appeared in a hospital and some guy told me to take off a mask that I had on my eyes, which I realized I had on the whole time for some reason... And this other guy gave me papers of some quest he wanted me to do. Anyway I disregarded all that because I wanted to astral project from my dream, and then somewhere along the line thats where it ended without warning.

And yes about doing the constant reality checks while awake, I've been doing that for about a week and then just kinda got tired of it because it wasn't working, then ironically two days later the lucid dream happens.

I have always had the ability to feel pain in my dreams, whether I am lucid dreaming or not, and know for a fact it has nothing to do with my sleeping positions.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by bl4ke360]

[edit on 26-4-2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I find it very difficult (most of the time) to have a lucid event AND astral projection. I'm my world view, they are the same. It's the travelers state of mind (along with his experience) that divide the two.

On a side note, why wait for a lucid event to take place? Be proactive, take steps to speed the process up by study, meditation, and conscious efforts to invoke astral projection without the need of being "lucid."

In earlier years, I used crystals to speed things up. PLEASE NOTE- This can be dangerous....

u2u me anytime if you'd like to chat bl4ke360.

Keep in mind, I speak from my personal world view. So, my truth could vary slightly from yours.

Happy hunting!

[edit on 26-4-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pleaseiwannaknow

Cya

Your absolutely right. Some have a thinner wall between everyday "waking" consciousness and the lucid, astral traveling conscious.
Those "daydreamers" tend to learn at a accelerated rate and have little problems walking through the subconscious at will once they they find themselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

I've been trying with no luck to AP while being awake, I just can't get my mind to focus and relax, random things pop into my head uncontrollably, etc.. Thats why I think lucid dreaming is my only gateway to an AP.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I've been trying with no luck to AP while being awake, I just can't get my mind to focus and relax, random things pop into my head uncontrollably, etc.. Thats why I think lucid dreaming is my only gateway to an AP.

I understand completely and I'm glad you made this statement. Everyone has truth that is different and relative to them.

Finding what works for you is for sure the way to go.

That said, mediation is very important. It gives you the ability to "learn" from the symbols your subconscious shows you. It took me along time to be able to meditate thoughtless for 30 minutes. Even longer (much longer) it took me to reach singularity, where time/space do not exist as we know it.......
thats another story for another time.

like i said feel free to u2u antime.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

For 30 minues? How are you able to do that, do you just focus on your breathing or something?
And how do you know you didn't just fall asleep?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

For 30 minues? How are you able to do that, do you just focus on your breathing or something?
And how do you know you didn't just fall asleep?

When I first started some 20+ years ago, i focused on breathing and a count to that pattern. After some time, I no longer needed those tools.

I would use counts of 4. Inhale for a slow count, hold for a slow count, exhale to the count. All the while focusing on the count.

After a while, you'll not need to count, or, focus on breath.

It takes time, LOTS of it lol.

When a thought enters your mind, dont fight it or get frustrated. Acknowledge what it is, then let it go.

In the begining I fell asleep all the time. All i knew was that altered stated=sleep, so it took some time to break that habit.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The only thing I can say about the pain is that you subconsiouly remembered that hitting the roof is supposed to be painful so it was.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I also have lucid dreams so I understand about the fading out. I have noticed that lucid dreaming takes a lot of energy. I mean it is an actual 3d hallucination with everything in order like colour, smell and so on. Dreams might be classified as hallucinations but without you being conscious. I think lucid dreams are something that just happened somewhere during our evolution.

Regarding the pain, that's strange. I mean I used to go through walls. They would feel a bit warm and spongy but that was all.

Maybe when lucid again you should try to experiment and see how life like really your lucid dreams are (I mean including pain).

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The only thing that I can say about the pain is a little of my own experiences. When I experience something in my dreams that my concious mind would think of as painful I always feel some sort of sensation which usually amounts to a pinching/pressure feeling but not an absolute pain.

If a pain or situation happens to me while lucid dreaming that I haven't experienced before or in a long time while I'm awake it seems like my subconcious almost "guesses" at what the sensation would be like. I never actually feel any pain but I will feel the sensation that goes along with the action.

The only way I can explain the previous statement is with a dream I had that I was being pierced with several needles, I had the sensation of the needle entering my skin but there was no pain.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
firstly, i have been having lucid dreams since i can remember, i just never had a word, or knew others had such experinces. sometimes, mines are more 'real' than other times, as in i can sometimes control everthing in the dream because i know im dreaming, other times i can accomplish cetain things. for example, a recent dream i had, which i knew i was dreaming, i decided it would be fun to have a motor bike, but the damn thing wouldnt go! i have noticed that if im awake for an hour or so after a decent sleep, and i do something for that hour, like go a walk, thne go back to sleep, my lucid dreams are far more manipulitive, easier to control, though not always and i have actually had slightly frighting things happen, which were behond my control.

as for feeling pain like the op mentioned, i have, once, in my foot. nothing excruciating, but pain non the less

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join