It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Considers Bond Issue to Raise Funds for Lending Programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

IMF Considers Bond Issue to Raise Funds for Lending Programs

www.bloomberg.com

April 26 (Bloomberg) -- The International Monetary Fund is considering selling bonds to several developing countries to raise money to combat the global economic slump.

China and Brazil are among a handful of nations that have expressed interest in purchasing the securities, which would give member states a different way to contribute to the Washington-based fund. The IMF has never before issued bonds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
According to this article the IMF has never issued bonds before so what would be backing them?

Also, I think this is a way to give Special Drawing Rights(SDRs) a bigger role in the world stage and towards using that as a global reserve currency.

Finally, think about this: If China, the US's largest foriegn buyer of treasuries, decides to start buying IMF bonds, what kind of implications will that have for treasuries? Who will buy them?

This seems to me like a big push towards a one world currency, world central bank idea. Was this the big plan all along?

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

This seems to me like a big push towards a one world currency, world central bank idea. Was this the big plan all along?

Yep. The plan to institute a one world currency is but one of the agendas of the NWO. This looks like one more step in that direction. Good thread, S&F.

TA

new topics

join