It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan Would Deploy Guard Near Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Plan Would Deploy Guard Near Mexico

www.truthout.org

$350 million effort aimed at drug war.

The Pentagon and Homeland Security Department are developing contingency plans to send National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexican border under a $350 million initiative that would expand the U.S. military's role in the drug war, according to Obama administration officials.

The circumstances under which the troops could be deployed have not been determined, the officials said. They said the proposal was designed to give President Obama additional flexibility to respond to drug-related violence that has threatened to spill into the United Stat
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/25/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is insane. Since the drug war was started nothing has changed except the growing budget allocation. Hilary admitted that the drug war is a failure yet we are going to continue to do the same tired old policies to continue more epic failure in a war that will never be won. Mexico may become a problem but I have an easy fix... close the damn border.

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/25/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Send it RIGHT NOW. Illegal aliens are potentially live biological weapons.

... Stop putting troops in Afghanistan and do a surge on the US-Mexico border.

It would do 3 things the soldiers don't do in Afghanistan:

- Protect the country
- Not being shot at
- Not explode on IEDs

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just so you know,you're my "it person" tonight and I appreciate your posts,they give me a reason to believe there are other "semi-sane" folks who see things as I do.
The damn border should have been closed today.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I agree that the troops need to be there. It just seems like the new administration is just waiting for a complete disaster. Maybe that's why all those coffins showed up in Atlanta a couple years ago, something smells fishy....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Something compels me to ask, how gently, and humanely, do you think this will be accomplished?

I certainly hope this is treated as a humanitarian crisis, rather than as a threat.

Will America be counted among those "governments" that tend to disassociate themselves from the pain they inflict on the people they are supposed to serve?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well I certainly hope we take a humanitarian approach to this situation which could certainly turn out to be pretty bad.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

when I saw the title of the thread I thought it was about turning flu infected Mexicans from crossing the border

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This, TheAssociate can sign off on. I generally don't support any effort in the 'war on drugs' but it's definitely time to stop the illegals from entering the country. Legal immigration is fine, i have plenty of friends who came here the legal way. Illegal immigration is not ok, under any circumstances.

TA

new topics

top topics

join