It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about remote viewing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The way the professionals do it they have what they are remote viewing connected to a number without being told what they are remote viewing. The subject only sees the number so as to limit the amount of false feedback our imagination will provide. My question is do you think that even not knowing what the number represents, if the subject has some experience with or a predetermined belief about what he is remote viewing will his imagination still be a problem?

Here's an example: let's say the person was remote viewing Area 51. He might not consciously know it but I'm sure his subconscious brain would pick up on the hints real fast and his imagination should start kicking in and ruin the project. Here's another: what if I had someone unknowingly try to uncover the true identity of the Easter Bunny? We all know there is no such thing but how would our brain interpret it? Won't we just start seeing pink bunnies and our imagination will just run wild?

What happens if the number represents absolutely nothing, how could we handle that? I think trying to remote view things we have personal experience with, can't be sure even exist/existed or have predetermined beliefs of such as religion, the Easter Bunny, Area 51, etc is a waste of time. I don't think we could trust the results, maybe we saw a real UFO or one our mind made up. Remote viewing in my opinion is best used to find stuff our brain hasn't had much exposure to, like a missing person or aircraft we've never seen before. Your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think as we evolve as a species, our psychic abilities will become more honed.
However, if a person is asked to rv a certain subject, their desire to get it right could interfere with the actual viewing.
Remote viewing is without doubt a real phenomenon, but we are in the early days and still learning to perfect it.
Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
...very interesting question.

Just off the top of my head:

..in some ways I'd say it depends on whether or not the RVer is 'knowing' or 'intrepretting' the inputs/information they may receive...

ie: Do you allow yourself to trust, to know, to accept whatever comes...or do you take what is put in front of you and then filter it on a more conscious/analytical level...

A 'knower' has no problem saying "To me - theres nothing there"...an 'interpretter' however may rack their brain a little harder, even doubt themselves, perhaps rather than simply accept either the lack of info or a lack of ability to gain it...

Peace.

new topics

join