It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oseltamivir (Tamiflu)/Zanamivir (Relenza) for H1N1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I know that there are already way to many Swine Flu threads, however I just wanted to post this information for those who are wondering what drugs the CDC has deemed most effective against this potential pandemic.

It may have been mentioned in the other threads but I thought it would be useful to have this info within easy reach.

What medications are available to treat swine flu infections in humans?
There are four different antiviral drugs that are licensed for use in the US for the treatment of influenza: amantadine, rimantadine, oseltamivir and zanamivir. While most swine influenza viruses have been susceptible to all four drugs, the most recent swine influenza viruses isolated from humans are resistant to amantadine and rimantadine. At this time, CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with swine influenza viruses. cdc.gov

I will look more into these two drugs but if this gets out of control some of us might want to inquire about them with our doctors as a preventative measure, lest we not be able to get them when we actually really need them.

Edit to title.

[edit on 25 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
GJ, it is much easier to have it within view then searching tons of pages for it, then not having it for quick reference.

My problem is, do I trust this CDC, the guys who took their precise time trying to figure out the salmonella mess, going back and forth through different vegatable, they might even say this is SARS, then go back wait its swine.

I have big trust issues with them, but if ATSers think so, i'll take down my guard.

new topics

join