It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Veterans, Domestic Terrorists? - Above Politics 63

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well I guess I'm a terrorist since I'm an US Army Veteran of Iraq but anyways silly lesbian liberal who really doesn't know that much about the REAL WORLD!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
edit/ rage post

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Semper
(One Proud Bible Believing, Anti Abortion on Demand, Vet)

I say this:

Semper
(One Good Man, Great Friend, An Inspiration for my Son.)
I cannot give you a higher compliment.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Thank you my friend...

I am humbled...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I go on record saying that I do indeed believe in my present Commander In Chief. President Obama in my opinion has a deck stacked against him. He walked into a poker game where the cards were clearly stacked against him. He's not even a year into trying to fix 8 years of complete ignorance and failure.
If one of his employees says something silly, then I agree that he should do something about it. I don't blame him for her comments. Time will tell what he will do to rectify it.
I GO ON RECORD RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT. I like President Obama. I think he has our interests at heart. He has to unfortunately battle a House and Senate AND populace who think that things can be turned around in 5 months.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Well, at least it didn't go unnoticed. I can't listen to podcasts here, but from the other posts, I understand the content of it. As much as I just want to rage at the dumb b****, if you think about what she was saying, it makes sense in a twisted way. Before you write me off as defending her, just know that I feel she should be fired immediately.

Ok, purely from a statistical standpoint, roughly 8% of the US population is in the military or has served in the past. I just played around with wikipedia stats, a couple of dod pdf's and a calculator. (23.5 million veterans + 1.4milllion active duty)

That's a sizeable chunk of the United States Population that has had armed training. If a large number of vets formed a group, what she said, makes sense, it's just the wording that I find offensive. I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't sign up for the Armed Forces for money. I'm not some mercenary assclown who'd turn his back on his country and harm the very people I joined up to protect.

She's off her rocker... haha. I don't like what she said, and it makes me extremely disappointed in the actions that the administration took or didn't take, but there are a large number of trained citizens in this country.

Sorry, maybe I'm rambling. I'm extremely conflicted over this atm. I can't help thinking that "she's got a point" at the same time that I think there's no way that would ever happen. The capital P Problem of those statistics and numbers, doesn't include all those men and women that were chaptered out for various reasons that could want to "get revenge". cough ets cough.

Or I could be completely over thinking all of this, and should go back to just being angry that I got called a potential terrorist for defending my country.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When I first heard this, I was furious and disgusted at the same time.

But then I got to thinking about the implications and scope of what this idiot was saying, and then it hit me.

My great-great-great grandfather James Crawford fought for the government of Britain, and then later, against it, raising Andrew Jackson.

My great-great grandfather rode with "D" Company, Moseby's Rangers. His brother rode with Bloody Bill Anderson, and they both come to think of it, fought against the Federal Government.

My grandfather fought in the First World War, my father and uncles in the Second World War, the younger uncles in Korea, and then I had my turn in Viet Nam, trained in Special Forces, serving with the Rangers there.

I shed some of my blood for my country, and caused my enemies to shed all of theirs, and now, technically, according to the bimbo in charge of Homeland Security, I'm a potential terrorist.

Well, hell.

I'm a threat.

At least I came by it honest.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

To label all of the Americans that have stood up and defended this country, to label us because of our religious beliefs, to label us for our personal convictions!!!!

This is nothing more than..

What also occurred under the Bush administration..

I am a disabled vet that has honorably served my country and a proud member of ATS.

I believe religious "groups" have been infiltrating the highest ranks of the U.S. military for decades. These officers and enlisted group members all call themselves "soldiers of god" (Sound familiar?). There are many groups involved in this and I have commented on some of them multiple times on ATS. There are also alot of pretty insane, pretty disturbing videos up on youtube related to religious groups and the military. Then we have all the servicemembers who are being discriminated against for NOT being religious (many of whom we will never hear about). There are some recent instances of this that were all over the news. Alot of them are up on ATS.

But I do generally agree with your post. Napalitano really needs to watch what she sais in a time of war.. How anyone could make such an unjustified, general, wide-ranging statement about military veterans obviously has never met and talked with veterans in the first place (or any veteran group or organisations for that matter). This is a slap in the face to ever honorable soldier coming back from the battlefield (Some of them already with legs, arms, feet, and hands blown off). The ignorant, unintelligent, and misinformed are always best at digging holes for themselves.

-ChriS

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

What also occurred under the Bush administration..

That has nothing to do with the issue...

Lincoln also stepped all over the Constitution, but that has nothing to do with this either..

This is simple..

She needs to be fired.

It is not going to happen however as that is the direction this country is going in. Obama is leading us down a path we quite possibly will never recover from. When this administration is done, I doubt we will recognize the country we fought and bled for.

Semper

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Dude. President Lincoln did so much for this country. He had the stones to stand up against slavery. He was extremely smart, and is on record as being an incredible adversary. To the point of making his opponents weep due to mere verbal debate. I disagree with you when it comes to President Obama. One of his employees said something stupid. Have you ever done that? I have. More than once. A good superior will take you aside and read you the riot act and make it clear that you are under a microscope.
I believe he is a good man. I believe he wants to fix what is wrong. I believe in him. How can I blame him for anothers remarks?
My Commander In Chief believes in change. Change we need.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Obama has never stated that Military are terrorists and neither does that DHS Report. For those of us who actually read the thing, we find these accusations quite hilarious. The DHS Report states that Right Wing Extremists groups like to target Military because of their training. That's all it says. The Military itself does training on how to spot RWE's and are told to avoid them because they know that they will try to recruit our men and women in the Military. I only responded to you because you asked for my opinion. As, I am an Obama Supporter.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well I gotta watch out for those Right Wing Extremist groups, for I, am enlisting in the military.

I would hate to think that I would be susceptible to harming those who I will swear to protect.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

A personal thank you for joining up.

Actually, if the Klu Klux Klan tried to recruit my ex years ago in his profession, I see it as highly probable that such "recruitment" still goes on.
What I have found as more despicable is CBS sports announcer Feherty recently claiming that active duty military would be ready to kill American political leaders. Dear God, where does this end?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
To be honest, it starts with moronic fools making blanketed statements like Rosie O'Donnell (Our troops are terrorists according to her), but it ends with out troops never actually being that which these people want them to be.

At the end of the day, it's the veteran/serviceman/woman that decides what they will really do, not these fools.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

He had the stones to stand up against slavery.

You are aware that is revisionist history?

How can we be a free country when the very basic right of being a free state was denied the south? Subjugated by the north and beaten into submission.

Also I am sure you are aware that slavery was a VERY minor side issue of the war.

Though Abraham Lincoln has been one of the people identified as most responsible for the abolition of slavery, he maintained that the Constitution prohibited the federal government from abolishing slavery in states where it already existed.

Wiki

A good superior will take you aside and read you the riot act

Unless it is particularly egregious, which this was, and then you quietly and professionally ask for their resignation.

My Commander In Chief believes in change. Change we need.

Well your getting it...

Government owned private business
Societal restructuring due to the unproven myth of human enhanced global warming
Increased taxation
Business being moved out of country
Massively increased federal budget
Government support of and sponsoring failing businesses
Mandated government service programs

Oh yeah, we are getting change alright.

Semper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Obama has never stated that Military are terrorists and neither does that DHS Report. For those of us who actually read the thing, we find these accusations quite hilarious.

What you find hilarious, I find chilling and similar to 1930's Germany

The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist
groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from
the psychological effects of war is being replicated today.
— (U) After Operation Desert Shield/Storm in 1990-1991, some returning military veterans—including Timothy McVeigh—joined or associated with rightwing extremist groups.
— (U) A prominent civil rights organization reported in 2006 that “large numbers of potentially violent neo-Nazis, skinheads, and other white supremacists are now learning the art of warfare in the [U.S.] armed forces.”
— (U//LES) The FBI noted in a 2008 report on the white supremacist movement that some returning military veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have joined extremist groups.

DHS/I&A assesses that the combination of environmental factors that echo
the 1990s, including heightened interest in legislation for tighter firearms restrictions and returning military veterans,

DHS encourages recipients of this document to report information concerning suspicious or criminal activity to DHS and the FBI. The DHS National Operations Center (NOC) can be reached by telephone at *Snip*

Actual DHS Report, Large PDF File

You can take from that what you want, I saw the report when it was disseminated and can tell you what Law Enforcement thought/thinks of it..

Most of Old Timers are Military Vets and have served faithfully our entire lives. This that you find hilarious, is insulting to those that served.

Semper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I"m glad you find humor in the insult delivered to a large number of your fellow citizens. I find no humor in being insulted or in many of my family being insulted. She had no reason to make such a demeaning, insulting and hurtful statement.

I find incomprehensible that a fellow citizen would find it amusing.

Nevertheless I and many like me will continue to put on our uniforms every day and continue to serve and protect; secure in the knowledge that not every one feels that way.

I hope and pray with all my heart that we will continue to have the freedoms that allow such statements to be made.

I will quote the CPOF's saying which I believe fits this topic "All gave some; some gave all."

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Government owned private business

Well, this may well have been a better solution than letting them fail, in the short-term anyway...in the long-term it will probably kill us.

Societal restructuring due to the unproven myth of human enhanced global warming

COMPLETELY agree, for every scientist that claims anthropogenic global warming, as many say not.

Increased taxation

In fairness, have to pay for #1 somehow.

Business being moved out of country

In ALL fairness, Obama has NOTHING to do with this. Businesses have been transitioning away from US soil, and US based jobs long before Obama came anywhere near the scene. Think at least 10 years as a starting point.

Massively increased federal budget

Agreed again, it's outrageous, but in lieu of the aforementioned (if we need to look at the short-term) what's the Alternative?

Government support of and sponsoring failing businesses
Really the same as # 1, kind of a redundancy

Mandated government service programs

Mandated Government service programs have been around before Obama was an itch in his daddy's pants, can't blame him for that, can only blame him for not stopping it, if you really wanted to stretch it.

I understand your disdain with the SITUATION, but Obama clearly isn't to blame for everything...the guy's barely had a shot yet.

I'm a 20 year vet, before it gets pulled into question, keeping an eye out and your ear to the ground is way more important than misplacing angst.

Just my $.02

Semper Fi

AB1

[edit on 9-5-2009 by alphabetaone]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSMIX

OK, this is about being saved - - I believe.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

As always, your points have validity and are well thought out. While I disagree with you, I respect your viewpoint.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join