It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI report finds pattern of police misdeeds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

FBI report finds pattern of police misdeeds

www.philly.com

The FBI memorandum describes a pattern of corruption among a group of Philadelphia narcotics officers: false information used to get search warrants, planted evidence and perjured testimony, thefts of drugs, cash, and valuables from dealers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is the right direction for the FBI to be snooping into where I used to live in montana was as bad as far as corruption as discribed in this article. This is the same John Roberts that came out for sibel edmonds case if Im not mistaken, this happens to be one of only 4 FBI agents that I know that have really done there job for the good old usa.

I dont know if John was one of the ones in the FBI that was retailated against under bush but I know he left under bush not sure if he was pressured out.

Falcon

www.philly.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by falcon

I thought police had their own Internal Affairs Departments for these kinds of matters. Does this mean they 'couldn't be trusted' with the investigation?

If the feebees are going to start policing police, isn't that a rather significant breach of state judicial process?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxmarsI thought police had their own Internal Affairs Departments for these kinds of matters. Does this mean they 'couldn't be trusted' with the investigation?

If the feebees are going to start policing police, isn't that a rather significant breach of state judicial process?

The Internal Affairs division of a law enforcement agency investigates incidents and plausible suspicions of lawbreaking and professional misconduct attributed to officers on the force. They report their findings to either the Chief of Police or to the Police Commissioner.

Thus, Internal Affairs are acting in a Local, not Federal Capacity, enforcing the Code of Conduct for that State or Municipality.

The jurisdiction of the FBI is the investigation of Federal Crimes. Many of the crimes involving the corruption of appointed or elected public officials are Federal Crimes.

In many cases, the FBI and IA may have concurrent investigations going on and will share or pool resources and findings. However, as the motivations of each agency differ, this may not always be the case, especially if information could compromise an on-going Federal Investigation. It is not unheard of for IA to be biased, or even complicit, or that the officials they are reporting to being biased or complicit, in these crimes.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
most people here in philly already know how corrupt the police are and have been complaining about it for years. look up how many officers were killed in philly this year alone, the police here are heavily involved in drug trafficking and its well known in all the hoods.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There is corruption in most police narcotics departments and the DEA is filthy dirty too.

It is high time that someone started policing the police. How in the world can we trust them to police themselves? We can't! That is why in so many communities they get away with murder, literally. Until they have to become accountable to an outside force this sort of evil will never stop.

top topics

join