It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why hasn't WHO advised against travel to Mexico?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am watching the news here in Canada and they just came out with the WHO 'health emergancy' advisory. However, they go on to talk about how they do not want tourists to stop with their plans to travel to Mexico!

How can this be? Why wouldn't WHO advise against traveling to Mexico when Mexico themselves have stopped all public events and even closed schools?

They interviewed people at the airport flying to Mexico saying how they are putting this health advisory in the back of their minds and how they are not worried. I am so concerned it's these people who are going to be spreading this flu to different places in the world. Heck, one cabin crew from the UK has just been hospitalized from 'flu like symptoms' after leaving Mexico City!




posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain
I am watching the news here in Canada and they just came out with the WHO 'health emergancy' advisory. However, they go on to talk about how they do not want tourists to stop with their plans to travel to Mexico!

How can this be? Why wouldn't WHO advise against traveling to Mexico when Mexico themselves have stopped all public events and even closed schools?

They interviewed people at the airport flying to Mexico saying how they are putting this health advisory in the back of their minds and how they are not worried. I am so concerned it's these people who are going to be spreading this flu to different places in the world. Heck, one cabin crew from the UK has just been hospitalized from 'flu like symptoms' after leaving Mexico City!



Because it doesn't qualify for a pandemic.
In Mexico not even 0,001% of the population is affected. That's NOTHING!



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain
 


They've released a travel advisory in Canada but the US apparently doesn't feel if it's as big of a threat.

That or congress will take a week to decide what color to code the warning
.

~Keeper



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by beautyfrompain
 


They've released a travel advisory in Canada but the US apparently doesn't feel if it's as big of a threat.

That or congress will take a week to decide what color to code the warning
.

~Keeper


Keeper, where have you heard of this travel advisory in Canada? I haven't heard anything and I'm from Canada keeping an eye on the news.



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain
 



The Canadian Public Health Agency had issued a travel health notice, saying, "The Public Health Agency of Canada is tracking clusters of severe respiratory illness with deaths in Mexico."


The full story can be found here, althought it is CNN, they usually post correct information about warnings and such.here



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hmmm, what I don't understand is why ANYONE would need the WHO or their country's officials to tell them there is a travel ban or advisory to a place.

International news outlets are covering the story, people know there is something infectious and deadly in Mexico.

Use your own common sense & don't go to Mexico right now

You don't need a .gov or international agency to tell you this.

Why does this world ask for more and more government and then complain when they get exactly what they asked for?



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Has the United States issued the same travel advisory? What about other places in the world?



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain
 


Not that I am aware of, I think Canada and Mexico were the only two to provide travel warnings to incoming and outgoing people.

But then again, come Monday, I am sure these advisory's would appear in most nations where heavy Mexican flight traffic has been seen over the past couple of weeks.

~Keeper



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by beautyfrompain
 


They've released a travel advisory in Canada but the US apparently doesn't feel if it's as big of a threat.

That or congress will take a week to decide what color to code the warning
.

~Keeper


They told us in the US weeks ago not travel to Mexico if it wasn't absolutely necessary due to drug cartel wars on the border.



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
Because it doesn't qualify for a pandemic.
In Mexico not even 0,001% of the population is affected. That's NOTHING!


You don't believe an advisory against travel to Mexico is warranted because the infection rate is not at the level of a pandemic? That's very reasonable: wait until it reaches pandemic level, then advise against traveling through the prime infection zone.



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes
 


You guys here are all about fear, hype, and doom.....

Tell me, paperplanes, how does it feel to live in constant fear?



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
reply to post by paperplanes
 


You guys here are all about fear, hype, and doom.....

Tell me, paperplanes, how does it feel to live in constant fear?


Wow--that's quite a leap! What comments have I made that would leave you with the perception that I "live in constant fear"? I do believe this is the first time anyone has ever accused me of that.



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes
 


Ignore the children friend, they will go away.

Moving on, it does't matter how many people are infected with a potentially epidemic causing virus. You put out an alert.

If you have a virus that is easily transmited through cough, saliva, blood etc. Then that is a DANGEROUS virus, especially one that can apparently kill you from day to the next.

As far as I'm concerned, one person dying from this is too much.

~Keeper



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join