It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UM WTF is going on in this town....!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So I'm lying here, having some wine, looking at stuff online, very relaxed and happy. And all the dogs in the neighbourhood start barking. And beyond. I have never heard so many dogs barking all at once. I'm thinking, ok, did sasquatch just hop out of the bush and start tramping around the streets or something crazy? UFO?
whatever....I just try to ignore them and do whatever I'm doing....
Then suddenly all the ships in the harbour start honking. I'm about a 7 min. drive away from the bay....
LOUD f*ckers.
They usually have some guidlines, like nobody is supposed to float on in that close to the marina making noise past a certain time of day. Nothing past 5pm. For whatever reason...they have to do it farther out. On top of that I have NEVER heard them going off on a saturday at 6. Except in the distance.
Ok there they go again just now....its actually getting annoying.
Ok anyhow, after that started, and went on for about 5 minutes, I hear an ambulance or something with sirens. And then another something with sirens. And then another and another.
Is there a freaking parade? I usually know what's going on in this area, and there was nothing spectacular booked.....
Or am I missing some major world event, like aliens just landed in broad daylight and the Maitreya turned birds into mermaids and lit them on fire and then ate them.....setting their souls freee.............on national TV?

GRARRRR..........why ALL THE NOISE!?!?!?

This is for rants, right?

:bnghd:

First post here. Already feel like an idiot lol
It's weird, dogs, ships, sirens....what next?
Maybe a tornado was headed for town, and since we have no warning system and probably never will, they decided to get the boats to honk or something, and the dogs were scared and the sirens were for......... for........whatever sirens do.......like save people....

Put out fires....or be there just in case...those darn sirens.....CPR?

Frig.....I am tired. I need a nap. There go the dogs again. WTF is going on......

OOOMG now the ships AGAIN>>AG>HGAIOGHIOGHOIH
I am going to go barking mad any minute now, they are really freaking LOUD. ARGH

Alright, it's taken me about 10 minutes between this post and going back and forth to MSN conversations, and right now everything seems quiet again. Just some wind and birds.
AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh..........

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
And now there are like 8 dogs howling like freaks. ( i didn't count them, just a guesstimate)
This is so bloody weird.
Must be a full moon or something......

Edit: and now I hear people yelling and screaming at eachother.....ughhh...gghuhhh......

Maybe there'll be something insane in tomorrow's paper/news, whatever. Who knows. Like..........a major drug bust! Cuz they get pretty excited about lame stuff in small areas like this.....

[edit on 25-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

Have you got a scanner or radio you can try and tune in to a frequency and see what's going on?
Or stick the local news on?

Sounds interesting though

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Local radio = just really lame music and sensational ads for sh*tty local furniture shops and car dealerships.
OMG I need my tinfoil hate....

Yeah, just a bizarre day I guess....lol...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What local stations don't huh?

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
OMG I need my tinfoil hate....

And don't hate the tinfoil...it may help you

[edit on 25/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Haha...
Just cuz I make fun of something doesn't mean I hate it. I secretly collect tinfoil hats. All the exquisite styles and shapes and strengths....
Even for my cat....

Ummm.....yeh I wish I had one of those radios that can listen in on the police/ambulance or whatever they are. My neighbour had one, but moved away........he was usually happy to let you listen....
Ah well.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Cool...

Perhaps living in the area you do...and with this new experience.... you should go get a radio....you could prob get one second-hand pretty cheap.

Would put your mind at ease huh....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If everyone/everything just shut up, that would be mind-easing enough for me lol.....

Ahh.....
Hmm. I like this 'rant' section lol......
I probably should go read the rules, I don't actually know yet if this was appropriate for a 'rant'........

Lalala...
Yeah, maybe someday when I get more hours at work, I'll look into getting one of those radios...cool idea.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Lemme just say...if i lived near you or knew you....I'd be outside banging pots and pans about and blowing a whistle.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

LOL....
And I'd be buying a gun ASAP no doubt...
Or finding some fairly large rocks in my back yard.....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Oh....you can afford a gun but no radio huh?

:shk: :shk: prioritize my friend....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well...it all depends who you know......
What can I say.

But, worse comes to worse, rocks are FREE!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Fair enough....I'll let you off... I got my eye on you though

If i hear you've bought a gun....I'll be disappointed....a radio would be much better.

You know it

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ideally I would like to find a gun-radio-rock three-in-one type product. Maybe with secret compartments and a mirror for my makeup....
I could attach some rock-climbing rope, and hockey skates while I was at it.....
And at the flick of a switch it turns into one of those little crotch-rocket bike things....so I can speed off and make my escape after each completed mission...yeah. Good stuff. I'd prefer that it would mix drinks for me as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

If you find one of those... which granted would be awesome... but if you find one... I'll send you a radio...as a prize.

I know you won't need it....but damn.... that would be one find huh?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey I know! How about you send me the radio, like right right NOW, so then it will motivate me to look for the super-weapon/bike/rock/skates/etc that I speak of.....

I'm guessing you won't be fooled into this.

Bah.
Why do we have a spam smilie here?
I mean....
Nevermind. I know why...lol. Duh....cuz of spam. But not the food!

I think I'm going to go take that nap now....lol

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Wow, with all the commotion, someone must know something? Have you tried calling your local police/news station? Or had a quick look to there is anything on the web, our local paper has a website, just a thought?
Hope its nothing bad and you eventually get a bit of peace

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Nice try...... But no.

And yeah.....you get some rest, you may need it.

It will be a long and arduous task, filled with perils and trickery along the way.
You must use all your wit and skill and be ready and prepared... but i do hope you find the gun-rock-radio that you seek.

Good luck

Night

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
to MCoG1980:

Well....I think it'll just be a matter of time before I hear something (particularly from my mother who enjoys all the most recent news, and runs around with the town gossips), IF indeed anything did cause the commotion....

Things seem calm right now. Except the birds are chirping pretty loud.

Somebody must have put bird steroids in the air! OMG OMG OMG.....

No, really, after all that, I think I'm going to go find my earplugs haha.....

I'll update if I discover anything that did indeed occur here today...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Please do,
Fogs horns sounding when they usually wouldn't + sirens + dogs barking excessively + birds louder than normal......sure you can't be the only one who's noticed this, and if so should get a mention in your local rag, due to people calling in and asking 'what's going on'.

Anyway, hopes you manage to get catch a few Z's with your earplugs in, and as i said before, hope all that noise isn't for anthing bad

top topics

<<   2 >>

join