It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2007 Canadian Researchers Revived The 1918 Killer Flu...Any Connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there...but the first reports of this new flu came initially from Canada. Laboratory accidents happen

Here is the link
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 4/25/2009 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
Just throwing this out there...but the first reports of this new flu came initially from Canada. Laboratory accidents happen

Here is the link
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 4/25/2009 by MsSmartypants]

Do you mean the first reports of the swine flu came from canada?
Can you provide a link to that?
I fail to see how the testing of the 1918 outbreak is DIRECTLY connected to this one.Viruses are tested in facilities all over the world.
I guess we are all trying to make sense of this and find connections.
I doubt highly that nature concocted this.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The only good news is that you see the symptoms within 24 hours of being exposed to the virus. So if you see someone coughing and spluttering anywhere near you, it's time to hold your breath and wash yourself. If 24 hours later you have caught it, well.... then hope it's just a 'common cold', but write your will just in case.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't see how it could be connected. Viruses are checked, tested, and recreated in labs and universities all the time. I would like to see the link in which swine flu came from Canada originally, if at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i think the article is poorly researched. I'm pretty sure they do have samples of the 1918-19 Flu virus and have analyzed it extensively.

I remember as a kid there was a fear that the virus might still be alive and waiting in places like old newspaper archives.

Interesting medical story that one reason that particular Flu killed so many back then is that it coincided with the widespread use of aspirin to alleviate fevers. Aspirin consumer usage came out of WWI.

The body needs to increase it's temperature by 3 degrees or so to fight cetain viruses. Aspirin counters this and contributed heavily to the virus spreading even more through the body.

Mike

top topics

join