It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I touched a UFO: Ex-Airforce Pilot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

James Penniston, a retired US Air Force pilot describes seeing and touching a UFO when he was stationed at a British air base in Woodbridge. Then after 45 minutes the light from the object "began to intensify" and it then "shot off at an unbelievable speed" before 80 Air Force personnel, he said. "In my logbook, I wrote 'speed: impossible'."

With so many air force pilots telling their stories, will the govermemt give in and tell the truth?
Link

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Great find!

Great avatar!

I cannot wait for the third expansion to come out so I can go above level 20!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
the thing is that when i comes to something that flies, no one is as qualified as a pilot! so it has to be the truth, imagine a pilot mistaking a plane for a ufo.

the government is going to have to say something soon, hopefully it is the truth.
but more and more we are seeing that the government is not going to give in easily, this is going to be a battle!
something must be done, if the truth is ever going to be released to the public!
nice post.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
haha the best part is the

"Speed: Impossible"

haha, could you imagine if one of his seniors read the journal or something... without admitting the existence of ET tech, how can you claim "speed:impossible" haha

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

That's from the well known Rendlesham Forest case.

tinwiki article

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darthStar
the thing is that when i comes to something that flies, no one is as qualified as a pilot! so it has to be the truth, imagine a pilot mistaking a plane for a ufo.

Come on, that's like saying when it comes to electricity, no one is as qualified as an electrician.

... or to make it more clear:

When it comes to computers, no one is as qualified as the end-user.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Penniston wasn't a pilot. He was enlisted Air Force with a security MOS.

Good encounter though. Whatever it was that landed, it sure wasn't a weather balloon.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Penniston wasn't a pilot. He was enlisted Air Force with a security MOS.

Good encounter though. Whatever it was that landed, it sure wasn't a weather balloon.

Are you sure noones ever written in their journal after a balloon take off "Speed: impossible"?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
To me, this is evidence. An airforce pilot can tell the difference between a ufo and a weather balloon.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

In his statement, Penniston wrote:

"My name is James Penniston, United States Air Force Retired.
In 1980, I was assigned to the largest Tactical Fighter Wing in the Air Force, RAF Woodbridge in England. I was the senior security officer in charge of base security."

Penniston was not a pilot.

www.freedomofinfo.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well the link I had said he was a pilot maybe it was a mistake, but he was from the airforce. And he did touch a UFO.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

I'm not saying I think the Rendlesham Forest incident should be dismissed out of hand. I think it is a very interesting case.
There have been several strong ATS threads about this that make interesting reading.
If you use the search function you will see them.
I have not supplied any links because there are so many different threads, it's hard to know which ones to choose as examples.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Originally posted by Chovy
but he was from the airforce. And he did touch a UFO.

He did touch a UFO if we take his word for it.

[edit on 25/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thank you for the comment about a pilot and his expertise involving aircraft. But then if you know any pilots, you know they already think they are experts in everything (I should know, I am a retired USAF pilot and current airline pilot).

Much of what I see discussed here is easy to debunk, and this site has MANY experts who serve in the role of debunker. But every so often something pops up that defies explanation. Which is why I keep coming back.

It still boggles my mind about how little real evidence is public, despite the overwhelming numbers of people out there with cameras on cell phones. It leads one to believe that we are simply a bunch of over imaginative dreamers...or there is one HECK of a coverup going on right under our noses.

Granted, I have one heck of an imagination, but that same imagination can easily see the possibility of a coverup.

If only we had concrete proof...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Rendlesham forrest incident has always fascinated me and there are lots of pages on the www regarding the incident in Surrey, UK in 1980. The British government has released a lot of documents under the FOIA. and it was never really subject of a "cover up" like Roswell. You can also listen to the sound recording of the Security guards being directed by the base Lt Col in charge of security during the incident.
As far as I am aware no-one actually touched the craft and no Aliens were seen, but many saw the craft relatively close up.

check it out at

www.ianridpath.com...

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Chovy

but he was from the airforce. And he did touch a UFO.

He did touch a UFO if we take his word for it.

[edit on 25/4/09 by blupblup]

I agree. Just because he was in the AF doesn't make him a subject matter expert when it comes to aviation vehicles. Then again what he touched could have been an UFO to him.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeBarna

Have you seen any UFOs throughout your many hours of flying time? If so were reports filed?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sorry, but no juicy stories from when I'm flying. But I keep a lookout.

I did see something many years ago while I was in high school. I thought nothing of it at the time, but once I started flying for a living, I came to realize what I saw was most definitely unexplained.

This is the thread I started about the sighting I had. Wish I had a camera with me back then.
Silver Sphere Thread

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I should get a job in the airforce. Seems like they have their share of close encounters.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

James Penniston, a retired US Air Force pilot describes seeing and touching a UFO when he was stationed at a British air base in Woodbridge. Then after 45 minutes the light from the object "began to intensify" and it then "shot off at an unbelievable speed" before 80 Air Force personnel, he said. "In my logbook, I wrote 'speed: impossible'."

With so many air force pilots telling their stories, will the govermemt give in and tell the truth?
Link

To my knowledge, According to Staff-Sergeant Jim Penniston (81st Security Police Squadron) statement he made at the time, he only said that he was within 50 metres of the craft and nowhere can I see that he claims to have touched it. The link that has been posted by the OP seems to differ from all the original witness statements, UK Gov't and USAF docs available.

Testimonies of persons close to it state that it moved away as they approached it not allowing them to get close-up to it.
Make of it what you will, DYOR.

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Rigel Kent]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join