It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classy Fabrication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So, I inherited an old Ranchero from my wife's grandpa. I absolutely love it. Its incredibly stock at the moment. My father and I have been building cars and hotrods since I was able to hold a wrench.
. Fabrication is something I really enjoy doing. However, I've seen some vehicles that have really gone too far. Especially the "Japanese" extreme vehicles. haha. Like this.

But anyways, I'm fairly good with photoshop, or actually paint shop pro and I wanted some opinions on this:

It's a 1979 Ford Ranchero.

And here is the shopped version. I think it looks sweet. Any other thoughts of what could look good?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I kind of get what you're going for, but you need colours other than 'dirt brown' otherwise the minute you get a speck of dust on the side of your vehicle, it'll look like it's ALL a big smudge lol

Like darken the shades, use some outlining, or a different colour scheme...
Other than that, I think the concept is attractive.

And OMG.....that japanese... purple van LOL....haha...wow......I want to buy that thing, just to drive around and p*ss people off when I'm bored.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

True enough. Not too many colors look good on these cars. They are incredibly LONG. This is a very flattering angle. Some outlines, though, would be a cool idea.

As for those vans, that one isn't close to the most ridiculous one. haha. It would agitate people to see that driving around. I don't even know why. haha.

join