It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Branson mothership bottom smacked in 'touch & go' incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Rumoured control issues in Richard Branson's WhiteKnightTwo rocketplane-piggyback "mothership" craft appear to be persisting. Reports have it that the innovative aircraft smacked one or both of its tails against the runway during a recent test flight.

The Register

Still early day's obviously but hopefully these are just teething problems that can be ironed out, and hopefully this project can be made cheaper in the longer term so that us mere mortals can experience flight on the edges of space

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

I hope you are right as that is one trip I would love to take.Just need to be able to earn the vast sum of money that it will cost to get a ticket.I think there would be huge interest for these flights once they have got the thing working from well heeled adventures types like city workers who have been responsible for the credit crunch,perhaps they could go up on the maiden flight.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It was a MINOR touch very minor scraped during a touch and go but kept flying..No problems the "Damage" was fixed the next day and there have been no more problems. It will be flying to oskosh for the air show soon

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

This reminds me of the Wright Brothers and the awe I felt the first time hearing about their story.

Excellent thread S@F!

new topics

top topics

join