It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Link

Container with swine virus explodes on Swiss train

Looks like it wasn't spreading fast enough in Europe, we'll just give it a little helping hand shall we.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by observer

* PHASE 5: The same virus causes sustained community-level outbreaks in two or more countries in one region

"While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalise the organisation, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short."

uk.reuters.com...

It roughly means this is the last minute.

Travel restrictions, screenings, quarantines, and huge financial losses for the tourism and airline industries will follow.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I want Flame You,, Ha Ha......Flames are like water, it just roles off,

Great info!!

The spanish flu in 1918 had a death rate of .05% of the world population.......The everyday flu has a death rate of 1/100 of 1%.......

Lets take a look at the numbers that are being reported in Mexico City!!

(I have not seen the current numbers for today)

The government is reporting that 150 have died and 1600 have been exposed. That would mean the mortality rate is 10.5%

I hope I am pointing out a picture that the numbers do not add up.....

There was a BBC report I did read that stated that Mexican doctors are writing down other causes of death on death certificates of patients that did die of the flu.

Also Steve Quayle said he had people on the ground in Mexico City and that 2000 people had died, that was yesterday..........

Flame me if you want...........Always follow the money trail.........who owns stock, what companies are involved with the CDC, WHO.........???

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I am absolutely starting to agree with you this am: I'm reading and processing all that I can online like a freakin' Borg or something (no offense to my friend Hx3 who IS a borg with info,LOL!) and what I'm seeing WAY more of profits (Roche...Tamiflu) and politics (Paulin's posse standing in the way of confirmation) and the finger pointing that's starting...VERY little "new info" about the damn virus!

It's starting to stink.

If it might be "raised to a Level 5" there WHERE are the FACTS and actual numbers to back it up?

Do we simply "react" as some have suggested when the PTB deem it's time to declare a pandemic and throw ourselves into their capable and caring hands? (joking there)
Flame away oh wise one,LOL!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
reply to post by blupblup

I read that. I am just curious as to what machinations would be put into motion by governments if a level 5 upgrade would occur.

Exactly...it's already spreading so.... would they set up quarantine tents and the like?

What could they do?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Do you have any link for Steve Quayle's report? I'd like to see a clear picture in this matter.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I watched an interview last night on cnn 11:30 pm (CST) were they interviewed a teenage girl that was recovering from theswine flu and she stated that she had never been to mexico but some of her friends had been in past days. So I would think that means that human to human contact is happening!

I would think they will up it to level 5 really soon!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Swine flu is an H1N1 virus

www.medicalnewstoday.com...
"In the majority of cases, the modified versions of the H1N1 virus made by substituting single genes (more correctly called reassortants rather than variants) all caused infections that stayed mainly in the upper respiratory tract. But there was one exception: when they tested a reassortant comprising three susbstituted genes, it colonized lung tissue and reproduced there. The three genes (PA, PB1, and PB2) alllowed the virus to make RNA polymerase in lung cells, which helps it make the proteins from which it can make copies of itself."

Short History of Spanish flu
virus.stanford.edu...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I have a video I am going to post here in a few, its long but great info...

This whole damn thing is coming down to getting a vaccination and getting the chip.......

Did you see where they are pressing straight forward with healthcare reform? What better way to make sure that you have been vaccinated. Lets put the chip in you so we can do a quick scan to see your medical records and track you.

Don't worry I will post the sources who has been making these comments when I post the video.......

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm starting to believe it...and it is making my head spin.

Not gonna' happen while I'm breathing,LOL!

Appreciate your input and hard work,it's a lot of crud to sort through to try and get to the what passes for the "truth" these days.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowIntelligence

He actualy gave that info on air yesterday on the Alex Jones Show.....(Please no flames here I listen to all outlets I can on this flu issue.) I believe he returns there today as well.

I have not looked at his website today but here is the link:

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

SEVEN people are being tested in Bristol (UK) for possible swine flu. Wiltshire Primary Care Trust confirmed seven people from the county were being tested at a Health Protection Agency (HPA) facility in Bristol. Results were expected later today. Flights to Mexico from Bristol Airport have also been cancelled, with holiday firm First Choice axing routes to Cancun and Comuzel up to and including May 8. Dr Maggie Rae said: "Like elsewhere in the UK, there are a small number of Wiltshire residents who have recently returned from Mexico and who have contacted their GP or NHS Direct with concerns about possible flu-like symptoms.
www.thisisplymouth.co.uk...

Latest local news to me..Bristol is about 2 hours drive from me.. roughly.
And the local NHS hospital carp parks charges you to park there..so some bright spark came up with this;

The car parks at derriford will make a killing though! As every "worried" parent in the city drives little Johnny up there with his runny nose.
Boris Napper, Eddystone lighthouse

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Why flaming, i was listening too, and will do that tonight. He had some strong points. We have to keep our minds open to all sort of things.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
USA

Local media is reporting the first case of swine flu in Orlando, Florida.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
forgot to add that at the same time that interview was on CNN there was also a scroller at the bottom that said that 6 were dead in canada and 1 in spain. after about 1 half hour it was gone and never saw it again. I wounder if someone screwed up

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am in complete agreement with irishchick the information seems to be drying up. Yesterday it was the only thing all over the news, today it has quieted noticeably. Now with the supposed consideration of raising the warning level to 5, why a lack of new information????

Now this could be providence or just a hilarious coincidence. I have been searching for a paper and got in the very back of my junk drawer, you all must have junk drawers, and guess what I found. An N-95 mask of all the things to find in my house!

I don't have the vaguest idea where that came from but I guess it is a good thing I found it. Well, lets hope it isn't a good thing just something I can laugh about years later when we talk about this one like we are now talking about the 76 scare.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I know it's another Twitter comment, so take it for what it's worth

Two cases of swine flu in Rotterdam, the Netherlands in the hospital where I work. Authorities are trying to cover it up.about 3 hours ago from web

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
regarding info that appears then dissapears, there was an incident this morning where deaths in new zealand was published then quickly removed. makes you wonder are we being set up to feel scared and then welcome any new moves regarding loosing our freedoms.

This stinks of manipulation to me.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
its amazing how fast this thing is spreading but on the otherhand it doesnt seem much to worry about when none of the cases are reported to be serious? or are they covering the deaths up outside of mexico?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
USA

BreakingNewsLocal TV: The Indiana State Department of Health confirms that there is a case of swine flu in Indiana.

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join