It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

There is no confirmation that this flu can be spread by animals of any kind. there are no animals with this strain. It is new, being a mixture of swine, bird and 2 human strains.

from an earlier post I made

The World Organisation for Animal Health says the virus is a mix of avian, swine and human viruses and has not been isolated in animals yet. It has recommended the name "North American influenza" instead of swine flu.
respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

BirdPigMan is that you?

-

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Okay...going to go out on a limb here ,please fon't flame me too much,LOL!

Just spoke with someone close to me that works for DHS(Homeland Security) in an upper-level position and he says "It's being blown WAY out of proportion." It's not an actual "Avian flu" that has a high mortality rate but he feels it "caught stream" and now has to be carried through until the bitter end...he says "we'll be talking about this for weeks" although it was a "potential pandemic" on Sunday in the media and they've been trying to "ramp it down" in terms of info since then.
He is swamped because of it and many are frustrated as now it's changing to a "power-play" sort of thing.

Food for thought...I am still very cautious and intend to stay on top of it for my personal safety but it's another take on it all.

I just don't think we are getting any/all the facts to be able to figure out what's "real" and am not sure if/when that will happen.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Breaking News:

The owner of ATS is wearing a mask...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do they know that we do not?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Oh god ive tried to keep the conspiracy theorist in me at bay....but, I cant hep but wonder what the connection is to Tamiflu and the presidents interest in it.

If I didnt know any better I would say man-made, false flag and loadsaa money for those with tamiflu shares !

There thanks for letting me rant that, feel better now.

back to the research

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

biosurveillance.typepad.com...

Everyone needs to go to this link and read about the real timeline and events of this swine flu. This company was on this outbreak before the CDC and WHO. What really blows my mind is that for America the CDC had already confirmed a H1N1 case in Texas and California on April 20th. For Canada, you could have one of the first cases outside of Mexico a while ago. You cannot tell me that there is only 50 cases in the U.S. when the CDC was tracking a case on April 20th.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
It's not an actual "Avian flu" that has a high mortality rate but he feels it "caught stream" and now has to be carried through until the bitter end..

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

Yikes!! What the heck does that mean?? Did I read that wrong?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The Scottish couple who have been confirmed to have Swine Flu, honeymooned in Cancun.

What is funny (and sad) is that in Colorado, the Mexican consulate was on the radio this morning (with some pretty broken English, hard to understand the guy). And they were asking him about travel to Mexico. He was hemming and hawing and clearing his throat a rather lot, as he said that while there were advisories, that he wouldn't think travel is out of the question at all. When asked if he himself would go to Cancun, Mexico City, etc if he had a wedding or a vacation planned, he said absolutely. When talking specifically about Cancun and a few other resort areas, he said that "It's not been found in any of those places."

Perhaps he should catch up with the news. He mentioned the advisory three times, but in his nervous manner, kept stating in a nutshell, that sure, it's fine.. come on down! Heck, Mexican nationals were traveling their daily, it's fine.

I completely understand that if this is being blown well out of proportion, that sure, they'd want to get people down there. In a country with economical turmoil, the last thing they want to do is stop tourism, their mainstay. But is that sort of report from a consulate responsible?

Would anyone here go to a resort at this point?

On another note: I keep hearing terms like "out of control" and "spreading like wildfire." Well, it's spreading.. very slowly.. certainly not like wildfire. And it's hardly 'out of control.' Those terms are getting thrown around irresponsibly. There is enough worry and panic around, there is no need for the doom 'n gloom stuff as well.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

I THINK and I'm not sure here that he means TPTB will drag it on and on in the news,for their own purposes,and for political/financial gain if possible no matter what the virus actually does.
I think he means it will be "used" as long as possible and he's not relating his statement to the virus itself...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

California

More Swine Flu Cases Reported in San Diego County

County officials confirmed another case of swine flu, bringing the total to five, while state health officials said there are two more likely cases in the county.
Meanwhile, a private school in Mira Mesa where one student tested positive for swine flu was closed after a half-dozen teachers became ill.

Christ the Cornerstone Academy was closed as a precautionary measure while tests are conducted to see if the six teachers suspected of having swine flu actually contracted the disease, said Dr. Wilma Wooten, San Diego County's public health officer.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
WHO awaits U.S. confirmation on human flu spread

* WHO awaits U.S. confirmation on human-to-human spread

* If confirmed, phase 5 pandemic alert could be declared

* Questions remain on low mortality in Mexico

GENEVA, April 28 (Reuters) - The WHO said on Tuesday it awaited formal confirmation from U.S. authorities the new swine flu virus has spread significantly between people, a sign that could indicate an "imminent" influenza pandemic.

www.alertnet.org...

It looks as though the WHO will be elevating the pandemic alert level before the end of the day.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

lol i think its sue to the amount of threads we have had on the Flu and the amount of work we are having to with to the Swine flu

I guess we almost feel like we are going to catch it from the threads

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
UK

Sources tells the BBC 8 possible swine flu cases in Wales, could bring total possible cases to 31 in the UK.

UPDATE -- Official says at least 23 possible swine flu cases in Scotland after at least 14 were discovered in the last hours.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
ECDC (european centre for disease control)Conference right now...

On sky news now.

[edit on 28/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To raise the alert from 4 to 5, does the human to human transmission have to be confirmed in at least two countries? What does everyone think will most likely happen if it is elevated to 5? At that point do local governments take over according to their pandemic plan? Do you think they will shut down travel or anything like that? This seems so crazy to me!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

IF the alert is raised to a level 5 by the W.H.O. what does that MEAN? I have read the W.H.O.'s alert system but can't really divine what would it do.

Also, why does it seem the news coming out today has slowed so considerably? Are governments trying to squash the news feeds a bit or is there really a lull?

Obs out

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The World Health Organization (WHO) have raised the Swine Flu Pandemic Alert level to 4. When you visit the page on the WHO official website listed below, they have …/avian_influenza/… in the URL instead of swine influenza.www.who.int...

Swine Flu in Mexico- Timeline of Events
biosurveillance.typepad.com...

27-04-09: Video: A WHO officer in Australia said that there are only 4 testing labs in the world to test this new swine virus and all are run by the WHO. All cases are sent there as they are secure labs.
media.smh.com.au...

What you need to know about Swine flu
www.physorg.com...

Swine Flu Updates
twitter.com...

When Swine Flu isn't swine flu
www.whale.to...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Phases of a pandemic

Interpandemic period Phase 1 No new influenza virus subtypes have been detected in humans. An influenza virus subtype that has caused human infection may be present in animals. If present in animals, the risk of human infection or disease is considered to be low.

Phase 2 No new influenza virus subtypes have been detected in humans. However, a circulating animal influenza virus subtype poses a substantial risk1 of human disease. Pandemic alert period

Phase 3 Human infection(s) with a new subtype, but no human-to-human spread, or at most rare instances of spread to a close contact.

Phase 4 Small cluster(s) with limited human-to-human transmission but spread is highly localized, suggesting that the virus is not well adapted to humans.

Phase 5 Larger cluster(s) but human-to-human spread still localized, suggesting that the virus is becoming increasingly better adapted to humans, but may not yet be fully transmissible (substantial pandemic risk). Pandemic period

Phase 6 Pandemic: increased and sustained transmission in general population.

Postpandemic period Return to interpandemic period.

Source

[edit on 28/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
How long will it take to go from WHO to NWO?

An interesting report to read..

rssfeeds.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Interesting that they'd consider raising it...seems like the "current and accurate" reports this am have sort of dried up.

Wouldn't there be more info out there to back such a decision up?
Tamiflu is alive and well (Roche) in the markets however...

There ARE however many more "news worthy" stories relating to the virus that involve politics and profits.

Add in that healthy dose of diversion and you've got a stew that will feed the masses for months.
Profit and politics are starting to be the issue and not the actual what and how and how to relating the virus itself.

Disgusted here.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I read that. I am just curious as to what machinations would be put into motion by governments if a level 5 upgrade would occur.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join