It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Kram09

I still personally think it's being massively over-hyped.

The only dead are in mexico..... now I'm not saying that isn't bad or anything like that....i just mean...that elsewhere....we seem to be dealing with it.
Containing it.... treating it.

If/when people around the globe start dying..... then it's time to worry.

As i said on the thread yesterday.... there were also reports that this flu had mixed with another virus in mexico.... and that's why people were dying.... but I've seen/heard nothing more about this.

many conflicting reports and statements....

I agree totally. We are in the phase where all we can do is wait and hope that there are no confirmed deaths outside of Mexico. Thats the big one, if there are then its a totally diffirent ball-game.

respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by blupblup

Agrees with you there should be more restricted control for flights comming in from Mexico to the UK.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Laurauk]

Wouldn't it still be spread by animals such as birds?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yes i remember that report (if it was the same one). I read it on the BBC news website if i recall correctly. There are too many weird coincidences going on really.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

There is no confirmation that this flu can be spread by animals of any kind. there are no animals with this strain. It is new, being a mixture of swine, bird and 2 human strains.

from an earlier post I made

The World Organisation for Animal Health says the virus is a mix of avian, swine and human viruses and has not been isolated in animals yet. It has recommended the name "North American influenza" instead of swine flu.
respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this point has been brought up in the thread before, but it still strikes me as odd that people who have visited Mexico are bringing the virus home with them. The odds against that are incredibly slim based on the reported infection numbers in Mexico. The infection has to be incredibly widespread in order to have random visitors picking this thing up the way it has.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

It is new, being a mixture of swine, bird and 2 human strains.

So that means that pigs can spread it as well as birds and humans, or am I missunderstanding something here?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
1 suspected case in Steyr, Austria and 1 suspected case in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

many conflicting reports and statements....

I find this to be a problem as well, while here in the US, the confirmed cases have been considered mild, there is a link to Mexico, ie: recent visits to the country, yet those in Mexico are losing their lives over this.

Yesterday, In a report from the CDC, they stated the first case in the US, was in March, weeks prior to this outbreak, which makes me wonder if we are looking at two different events, one an actual swine flu, and the hybrid Mexican killer?

Then how can you explain that most of the worldwide cases have Mexico as the common denominator?

It is confusing, but I still think that we are doing the right thing here in doing all we can to maintain a higher state of awareness.

Something that the CDC should have done much earlier, since containment seems to be out of the question.

Here's a piece on the Mexican response to the virus..

Mexico faces criticism over swine flu response

MEXICO CITY (AP) - The Mexican response to the swine flu outbreak shows signs of confusion and disorganization even as the suspected death toll has climbed to 152.

Two weeks after the first known swine flu death, Mexico still hasn't given medicine to the families of the dead. It hasn't determined where the outbreak began or how it spread. And while the government urges anyone who feels sick to go to hospitals, feverish people complain ambulance workers are scared to pick them up.

I don't think blaming anyone is helpful right now, if they need assistance then help them, it is going to take a global effort to make sure this doesn't explode.

Once the situation is under some sort of control, then they can reflect on how to make the changes necessary in an action plan for future events.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The virus is a mutation , and has not been isolated in any animals yet. in other words there have been no signs that it can be picked up by animals yet. See my post a few above,

Respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The virus is a mutation , and has not been isolated in any animals yet. in other words there have been no signs that it can be picked up by animals yet. See my post a few above,

Respects

Ok, now I understand, Thank you!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by blupblup

You know something, I am not being alarmist or anything, (feels a conspiracy comming on), anyone remember a couple of weeks ago or a month ago, someone put forward a report stating that the population was outgrowing the capacity for the earth to cope with?
[edit on 28-4-2009 by Laurauk]

Yeah.... it's on a few conspiracy docs from the last few years too.

The "ideal" world population would be 500 million, so we're 6 times overpopulated.
A few people on here have mentioned that they may well be trying to kill us off.... but i dunno man.... don't believe it myself.

Not saying this flu isn't a "man made" virus or deliberate attack or whatever.... but i honestly don't know.... interesting to think about though.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I appreciate your concerns and posted on the same, with a theory of my own.

This is a cut & paste of it.

my thinking is this.......... Lets take it that those who died were 2nd or 3rd generation contacts. This would mean that previously there had to be milder cses in the population that didnt result in deaths.

Stick with me.......is there any way to find out if there was a previous outbreak of flu in Mexico prior to this time. Maybe 3, 4,5 weeks before.

A. It wouldnt raise much concern because those who had it would just be suffering the conditions being seen outside mexico and it would probably just be classed as a standard viral or flu like infection.

B. The health service and conditions in mexico may mean that the officials didnt equate the initial virus as being the same as the next generation/s that are killing.

I think its important to know whether what we are seeing on our own doorsteps with (mild) symptoms is only the start.

add to this, the fact that some in authority are putting it out that they wont be surprised if their are worse cases and even deaths in the coming weeks.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Yesterday, In a report from the CDC, they stated the first case in the US, was in March, weeks prior to this outbreak, which makes me wonder if we are looking at two different events, one an actual swine flu, and the hybrid Mexican killer?

I think this may be the case.... two different "strains/infections"

As i said on an earlier post.... they said that the virus in Mexico was mixing with another virus and that was what was killing people.... that's why there's no deaths anywhere else.

All a little annoying and confusing huh?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It will absolutely now become the "Political Flu!":

www.washingtonpost.com...

US Lawmakers To Examine Swine Flu Response

I guess it always has to be "about them",LOL!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Kram09

I still personally think it's being massively over-hyped.

-snip-

I agree totally. We are in the phase where all we can do is wait and hope that there are no confirmed deaths outside of Mexico. Thats the big one, if there are then its a totally diffirent ball-game.

I agree as well. This is not the first time we've panicked over swine flu...
The Sky is Falling: An Analysis of the Swine Flu Affair of 1976

That is an excellent essay on the subject by the way, if you haven't seen it.

The fact that his strain appears to be H1N1, coupled with the probability that is has lost some of it's pathogenic ability when passed from human to human, makes this probably closer to influenzavirus A as far as the infections outside of Mexico.
The Mexicans who died probably got a highly pathogenic version due to the sewage leaking from that pig processing plant.

Some of the latest media articles are really crying wolf now, but with very little proof...

"WASHINGTON – Two million dead. Hospitals overwhelmed. Schools closed. Swaths of empty seats at baseball stadiums and houses of worship. An economic recovery snuffed out. We're nowhere close to what government planners say would be a worst-case scenario: a global flu pandemic."
By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR and EILEEN SULLIVAN, Associated Press Writers

Give me a break, cry wolf when you see a wolf.

-Scott

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Aw gimme a break, what are they like. Who can they sue over this one? or how can this be used to remove as many freedoms as possible. Maybe, just maybe the conspiracy that its man made is becoming less opaque.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I think there is a whole bunch of hypothesizing going on
and not just here on ATS

I certainly hope those in tune with this research are asking the same questions you present, it seems like a reasonable avenue of approach.

Since we are into conspiracies here, it isn't a very large leap to think that we are not being told everything about this flu event, especially since it was blasted over the airwaves that the 76 event was blown way out of proportion and caused a panic and a forced vaccination that actually harmed more than the flu. So maybe they are being overly cautious on camera to avoid a repeat?

All we can do is be aware, and practice good prevention methods.

In KYRGYZSTAN...

alertnet.org

BISHKEK, 28 April 2009 (IRIN) - The authorities have activated plans to prevent the spread of swine flu, Tolon Isakov, a senior Health Ministry official, told IRIN in the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek.

"There are no grounds for panic in Kyrgyzstan related to the spread of swine flu," said Isakov, adding that no cases of swine flu had been registered.

Disease control and surveillance units at the country's major border crossing points, including Bishkek's Manas international airport and the Torugart crossing on the Kyrgyz-Chinese border, have been informed of the plan: If people with swine flu-like symptoms are discovered they will be immediately quarantined, Isakov said.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Scottish couple who have been confirmed to have Swine Flu, honeymooned in Cancun.

If you zoom in at mexico on this map

SkyNews Swine Flu map

I think that the highlighted area shows the main areas in which Mexico has been largely affected by this epidemic. Emphasis on the 'I think'

Cancun is quite far away from this area. Could it be that outside of the affected area this Flu is actually getting weaker in it's spread?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

UPDATE on Swine Flu Outbreak in the USA.
It does look as if this will be pretty serious doesn't it?
How can we avoid this?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been posted here, if so sorry,

uk.reuters.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join