It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Not quite, but if I should see The Walking Dude...

I'll let you know

WHO Confident No Confirmed Swine Flu Cases in China

www.voanews.com

The World Health Organization's China representative says there are no confirmed cases of swine flu in China. He spoke to reporters in Beijing, Tuesday, as Chinese authorities deal with an unspecified number of suspected cases.

How can they be confident when the numbers are unspecified?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I find it kinda bizzare and Alarming that those who were in Mexico, whom are returning from there are only finding out, once they land.

I returned from cancun yesterday morning on Thomson flight into Manchester. We were not advised of anything on the flight no information, no doctor, no screening nothing, even in the airport there was nothing for us.

Cancun airport was full of people wearing the face masks, people at our hotel (Americans) were checking out of the hotel early because of it.
TV cameras and radio were sat waiting to interview people on arrival!! So far me and my partner dont have symptons, just usual holiday bug

Name Withheld

Breakdown in communication, or someone deliberatey not telling them. Not that I am panicking or anything.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Wouldn't it be interesting IF they found out that China is way ahead of the rest of the world and are not worried about this flu because they already have a vaccine?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would actually think that the government itsself has one.
Do you really think they would run danger of infecting themselves?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Which means they KNEW about this virus
Which means !!!!

Talk about a conspiracy

here's a lengthy piece concerning Los Angeles, and their expectation of an increase in those infected..

L.A. County Braces For
Swine Flu Outbreak

Los Angeles (myFOXla.com) - With an outbreak of swine flu in Los Angeles County regarded as inevitable, results were pending today to determine if a woman and her daughter who became ill after returning from a trip to Mexico will be listed as the county's first confirmed cases.

The girl attends Claremont's Our Lady of the Assumption School, which will be closed today. She and her mother became ill over the weekend, four days after they returned from a trip to Mexico, according to the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles.

Both the girl and her mother have been tested for swine flu, and the results are pending.

Inevitable?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
EU health Commissioner: Investigating cases in -

Denmark, Greece, Sweden, Italy and Ireland.

Live on Sky news now

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Also a map from sky news detailing cases around the globe.... updated regularly.

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
of course this has already been reported several times...but...36,000 americans died in 2008 from flu, i feel this is a test to see how far the media can jack-up the people. curious though that the president was in mexico...a warning to obama? we can get you anywhere? and the strain of this flu, some reports say you could only get this combination in a lab, is this true?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I just watched a telephone interview on the BBC with a man in London who returned to the UK from Mexico last week. Both he and his wife have developed flu and contacted the local health service. They have been prescribed Tamiflu but haven't been able to get any as no local chemists stock it. He also said that they haven't been tested.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
People being tested for flu in Wilchister, Irish republic testing six suspected cases. Breaking news on SKy!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamana
I just watched a telephone interview on the BBC with a man in London who returned to the UK from Mexico last week. Both he and his wife have developed flu and contacted the local health service. They have been prescribed Tamiflu but haven't been able to get any as no local chemists stock it. He also said that they haven't been tested.

I saw similar things on the news yesterday.

There were also people saying they came straight through the airports without being checked... they were expecting to be swabbed and everything....they said nothing was done to them?

Pretty random man...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The WHO said it was too late to try and contain this flu. Is it really too late? They are not even bothering to try? Or are they? I am getting confused, there seems to so many different reports of this and that.

But you people are doing a good job of trying to keep on top of it all anyway!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

As I previously posted, I found this rather bizzare. Really think they should be doing what they are suppost to be doing at those airports.

Plus they are waiting for a flight to come in from mexico Goodness. To interview those who get off the Airplane.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It is too far spread for them to contain it, look at the rate of those being tested for this. I think it is a little too late to try and contain it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
The WHO said it was too late to try and contain this flu. Is it really too late? They are not even bothering to try? Or are they? I am getting confused, there seems to so many different reports of this and that.

But you people are doing a good job of trying to keep on top of it all anyway!

Yesterday I found a news vid posted yesterdeay on youtube.
It reported 12 suspected cases in germany, the news here on TV only talk about two...
...this morning youtube deleted it...
...WHY?!...

[edit on 28/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I still personally think it's being massively over-hyped.

The only dead are in mexico..... now I'm not saying that isn't bad or anything like that....i just mean...that elsewhere....we seem to be dealing with it.
Containing it.... treating it.

If/when people around the globe start dying..... then it's time to worry.

As i said on the thread yesterday.... there were also reports that this flu had mixed with another virus in mexico.... and that's why people were dying.... but I've seen/heard nothing more about this.

many conflicting reports and statements....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

As I previously posted, I found this rather bizzare. Really think they should be doing what they are suppost to be doing at those airports.

I know.....very slack indeed.... makes you wonder why?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

The only way this could have been barrier contained would have been if the Mexican authorities had let others know way back in early March that there was something diffirent going on. They didnt because they did not know, thinking it was a standard viral/ flu infection. Remember also that many people have visited Mexico in that time span from then till now. Even the US president, who would not have gone if it had been known there was a new flu there.

Those who visited ( would be great to know the numbers) Mexico in the last 2 weeks will have returned to their home countries bringing the infection with them. WHO were obviously waiting with fingers crossed hoping not too many other countries would show signs of visitors who had incubated the virus.

Now its known how many countries have infected subjects they realise its way too late. To be honest not their fault.

Respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Is it possible that the swine-flu is carried by chemtrails?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You know something, I am not being alarmist or anything, (feels a conspiracy comming on), anyone remember a couple of weeks ago or a month ago, someone put forward a report stating that the population was outgrowing the capacity for the earth to cope with?

Just a coincidence a month or a couple of week after that report came out this happens lol.

Agrees with you there should be more restricted control for flights comming in from Mexico to the UK. I do really think those comming back should be tested before the are even allowed to leave the terminal or connection flights.

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join