It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
i live in new zealand lol no one is worried over here. i tried telling mah friends, i get back what the #$%& is that? so yeah and for our size we seem to have alot of suspected cases 70 to usa's 200 and usa has 100 times the population. mmm the way i see it is all the maoris see free health care.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Apparently there is no human-to-human transmission outside Mexico, even though seven people in the UK are suspected to be infected after being in contact with the two confirmed cases.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbycheese3
i live in new zealand lol no one is worried over here.

I agree colby. Problem is, many of us over here think we're invincible! We have a "she'll be right" attitude... sigh

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Sorry where have you got your figures. The EDIS site is showing 278 confirmed outside of mexico. They have been spot on so far.Mexico showing 2028 and 155 dead at this moment in time.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Can someone also advise me if there is any information on the 70 confirmed in NZ, did they all visit mexico or is this a first sign of infection accross populations not connected with a mexico visit?

link to data www.idemc.org...

Respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
70 confirmed in NZ? WTF?

Source?

-zyk

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zykloner

www.idemc.org...

update ticker changing all the time. This site is being used by all health officials for info.

Ticker has changed to 43 in new zealand confirmed. also Norway has confirmed.

Respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I recall hearing that New Zealand and Canada both reported the virus spreading - human-to-human (which contradicts the WHO statement)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I'm afraid that the information on that site is outdated. NY is confirmed aswell as cases in NZ, yet that site shows them as still suspected.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

thanks mattguy404 ive heard n100 masks are supposed to be quite good see if i can buy some on line.
this is freeky

link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

The ticker based on countries is where the updates are taking place. Not the map.

Respects

link   
#Sky News: World Health Organization says there are several swine flu cases in China.
about 3 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

Any information on this? One is looking through the Chinese media.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

You're correct, the ticker is up to date as far as I can tell. Shame that they don't update the map though.

link   
ok i'll set everything straight. 13 are confirmed in new zealand. 70 suspected. 236 confirmed outside mexico about 2200 in mexico . attributed deaths is 152 but on 26 are confirmed. do you understand now?

link   
Severity. in order is mexico, united states and new zealand. it says the virus can be no longer controlled.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by colbycheese3]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think its only fair to say that none of us can have total trust in any figures coming from any country at this moment in time. Those who are updating various sites like the google swine flu and EDIS sites have no guarantee that their info is any more accurate than our own.

Look at the 2 Scottish cases. They were confirmed 18 hours before the press let it out to us. i can understand why in as much as they had to contact the others they had been in contact with, hense 7 of those are now in quarantine.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by colbycheese3

I appreciate your attempts as setting things straight but please dont assume your info is any more viable than any others. We dont know, can only surmise and logically thinking there will be more than is being published.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i have a live update right now for new zealand and australia. 70 suspected in australia. i can only confirm my information on new zealand and australia i

[edit on 28-4-2009 by colbycheese3]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I think one of the confirmed facts that is highliting the situation and where it may go is.....

I was uinvolved in writing up a contingency plan that would make sure a highly vulnerable group of people (Learning difficulties, dissabled etc) would be able to get through any outbreak of avian flu. This consisted of making sure they didnt need to venture out of their own homes, had available support staff who would live in with them and enough food stocks in a safe venue ready for distribution.

The trigger for implimenting this crisis intervention is the WHO guidelines and them lifting the warning to level 4.

I think when you see the importance of the level raising in these circumstances it puts where we are in perspective.

It is early days in this, lets just wait and see.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Can someone also advise me if there is any information on the 70 confirmed in NZ, did they all visit mexico or is this a first sign of infection accross populations not connected with a mexico visit?

I'm in NZ.

There are 3 students, who went on school trip to mexico with total of 22 students and 3 teachers, who have been absolutely confirmed, 1 pending confirmation.

However authorities are assumming some of the others are also infected with the Swine Flu.

"On the basis of these results we are assuming that all of the people in the group, who had tested positive for Influenza A, have Swine Flu," a Ministry statement said.

Source

They are investigating other cases throughout the country as we speak.

Health officials said tonight they were investigating a further 43 cases of possible swine flu - this figure has been revised down from 56 following further investigations today.

Source

I believe the other cases are from other flights coming into NZ recently.

Ant

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join