It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I went to the local medical center today and it was the busiest I've ever seen it. There was a notice on the door saying if you have returned from Mexico to wait outside with a mask... There were three mexican-looking people outside on the bench by the door without masks and I walked right by them

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Here is a realy good map that is updated and covers all infections including all flu infections, not just swine flu

healthmap.org...

Latest update seems to be pointing to Australia/New zealand as being the next area of concern due to 14 new confirmations in Australia and 66 ! yes that is 66 in New zealand in the last 24 hours.

Listing from the updated RSOE EDIS allert map.

Link www.idemc.org...

USA 142 infected
Australia 16 infected ...6 quaranteened
Brazil 1 in quaranteen
Canada 10 infected
Switzerland 5 infected
spain 4 infected...17 quaranteened
UK 23 infected
Ireland 4 infected
Israel 1 infected
S.Korea 1 infected
Mexico 2018 infected....155 dead
New Zealand 70 infected ? 11 quaranteened
Peru 1 infected
Taiwan 7 infected

does anyone have any information regarding the next scheduled update from the authorities in the UK?

Although I dont know how valuable it will be seeing as they sat on the 2 confirmed in Monklands hospital for 18 hours before notifying the public.

Respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

So far here in the UK, all we are getting is this type of info whic all seems to be a bit out of date or very slow in keeping up with everything else.. I am finding that I am having to check external (outside UK) sources for info, but obviously ATS is the best and quickest due to the extreme determination and effort by everyone here to keep track of things.. .

Two people tested positive for the virus and are being treated in isolation in hospital in Airdrie, near Glasgow, while seven more people among 22 who have been in contact with them have developed "mild symptoms" not confirmed as swine flu.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has pledged that the Government would take "all the action necessary" to prevent the spread of swine flu.

He was speaking as the Foreign Office warned Britons to avoid all but essential travel to Mexico as the UK braced itself for further cases of the virus.
Two people have tested positive for the virus and are being treated in isolation in hospital in Airdrie, near Glasgow

The new travel advice was issued after the World Health Organisation (WHO) raised its alert over the outbreak to level four, from three - signifying a "significant increase in risk of a pandemic".

The Foreign Office said: "We are now advising against all but essential travel to Mexico."

It said British nationals "resident in or visiting Mexico may wish to consider whether they should remain in Mexico at this time".

The first two British cases have been confirmed and more suspected infections are beginning to emerge.
itn.co.uk...

That is about the best and most recent data here in UK..
Talk on what the PM will make sure of and talk just runnng over the same old ground..

The only other news relating to most of this is the more than obvious plugs to promote Tamiflu drug...

"From some affected areas, it appears that early doses of antivirals such as Tamiflu are helping people to recover." He said there were enough antivirals to treat "half the population" if they became ill.
itn.co.uk...

They prescribed me Tamiflu and I am now feeling much better now.
news.bbc.co.uk...

This last one here seems very suspiscious to me ..so i kinda got a thread going about it.. it seems that the promotion of Tamiflu is more important than keeping the public informed about the reality..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Breaking news in New Zealand a few minutes ago:

BREAKING The Director of Public Health has announced that some of the Rangitoto College party have tested positive for swine flu H1N1. Results from three of the samples were received earlier this evening by World Health Organisation's Melbourne laboratory and all tested positive for the same swine flu strain. Testing continues on a fourth sample. On the basis of these results the Ministry is assuming all of the people in the group who tested positive for influenza A have swine flu.

Source

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
In 1948 Heinrich Mueller, the former head of the Gestapo, told his CIA Interrogator that the most devastating plague in human history was man-made.

He was referring to the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 that infected 20% of the world's population and killed between 60 and 100 million people. This is roughly three times as many as were killed and wounded in World War One, and is comparable to WWII losses, yet this modern plague has slipped down the memory hole.

- Just for all of us to remember...

www.tbrnews.org...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Probable case of swine flu detected, quarantined at Chulalongkorn Hospital

THAILAND

A 42-year-old Thai woman returning from Mexico was suspected to have contracted swine influenza and is being quarantined at the Chulalongkorn Hospital, sources said. The sources said the woman returned from Mexico early this month and became ill. She was admitted to the hospital Tuesday.

So now its here too.... I got my mask!!!

The Nation

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

I am so sorry about this news!

If somewhere, there in paradise this kind of flu will spread like a tornado...

"Every lost "Thai" is a great lost to all humankind!"

I am so glad that my family stays nowdays in middle Thailand, out from tourist centers - in Nakhonsawan.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
i hope spiderpig doesn't get swine flu...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Mexico flights halted as FCO issues travel warning

Several flights to Mexico have been cancelled after the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) today advised against all non-essential travel to the country.
news.cheapflights.co.uk...

First picture: British swine flu victims are honeymoon newlyweds

The first Brits to come down with swine flu have been named as newlyweds Iain and Dawn Askham.
www.metro.co.uk...:_British_swine_flu_victims_are_honeymoon_newlyweds&in_article_id=638093&in_page_id=34

Swine flu: Latest news on travel arrangements

The Foreign Office has advised against all but essential travel to Mexico. Here are the latest updates on travel arrangements affected by the swine flu outbreak.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
In 1948 Heinrich Mueller, the former head of the Gestapo, told his CIA Interrogator that the most devastating plague in human history was man-made.

He was referring to the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 that infected 20% of the world's population and killed between 60 and 100 million people. This is roughly three times as many as were killed and wounded in World War One, and is comparable to WWII losses, yet this modern plague has slipped down the memory hole.

- Just for all of us to remember...

That is interesting. Do you have a source for that?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I must admin that I have not checked through the 78 pages of postings for this thread, so if this link has been posted before, my apologies...

International SOS Swine Flu ("Pig Flu") Update

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
As someone mentioned at the WHO press conference, there are reports 50 are dying a day in Mexico

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Just google his name and you will find a quotes...

www.tbrnews.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
H1N1 Wiki outbreak

Out of the 234 cases confirmed world wide, 152 are dead

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
nono you've got it all wrong. those 154 who died not all have been confirmed. 3/4 if not more have not been confirmed

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hmm... Seems that three in New Zealand have indeed tested positive:

www.news.com.au...

And 70 in Australia are being tested (which is a lot more than the ten or so a day ago):

www.news.com.au...

Spain confirms second case:

www.alertnet.org...

Israel confirms their first case:

www.alertnet.org...

link   
ive been watching this story develope for a while now, its all over the news almost constant now, it now looks like a pandemic is highly likley well thats what i think. any way just did my shopping stock up on anti flu things & thought ide let you know i can not find a single chemist in the camden area (london) that has any face masks left !!!, all sold out, i guess there must be quite a few freaked out londoners.
at present i think the only uk swine flu cases are in scotland, but there are many uk citizens still in mexico waiting to return, likley via heathrow so ide expect london underground tubes to spread this thing realy well. any way i didnt see a single person on the streets of camden wearing a face mask......yet, but im sure its just a matter of time now.
oh yes i have 2 questions
1:what is the best face mask to stop swine flu infecting you ?
2:recomend a uk web site selling the best face mask thanks.
oh one last thing that concerns me is, the face masks i often see being used in mexico, do not fit well & seem to have gaps allowing infected air into the persons lungs
does these gaps bother any one els ?, please give your opinion about cheap face masks that do not protect very well.

link   
I'm trying to locate the information the journalists mentioned at the WHO conference - reports of 50 dying a day in Mexico. WHO seemed to acknowledge it as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
ok 234 confirmed- 26 dead.. so the mortality rate at the moment is slightly over 10% though that is most likely way off as the statistics are still two low to show a trend

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cooler

Cooler, have you tried the hardware stores? Anything that's firm fitting on the face and has strong elastic bands I'd say would do.

Sanding masks for instance, but I guess something that's easy enough to breathe through.

I've read some people are buying full-on respirators, but really, anything that stops droplets getting through would do.

Goodness, only just thought of buying masks, better get some tomorrow

Ooh, and a tube of antibacterial something-a-rather for washing hands mightn't go astray.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by mattguy404]

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join