It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You know what I just don't get....the varying information out on this.

If this thing does not respond to medications why all the talk about Tamiflu and other antiviral drugs. I have heard on one broadcast that it will help, and on another that it won't.

I wonder is this confusion or disinformation.

From WebMD

In phase 4, sustained person-to-person transmission "is limited to one relatively contained geographic area, and it is felt that there is a possibility of a containment effort being successful" with antiviral drugs and vaccines, if there are any (there aren't for the new swine flu virus), WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl told reporters earlier today.

www.webmd.com...

So what is it, tamiflu or no tamiflu???? Can we get any straight answers out here in TV land?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I wonder if in a couple of days the swine flu google map will just be a blanket of purple and pink markers.

I've been checking this thing periodically and the dots are like weeds; popping up everywhere.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Originally posted by retroviralsounds
I know whenever I have to get my vaccinations (anthrax and bot) I am always totally block headed for a few days.

yeah anthrax and botulism will do that to you.
what do i know it just sounded good.

retro.... how many people do you estimate have the swine flu in the usa and dont know it.

can you go off the confirmed cases and give us a guess?

Again, take the stats you are seeing now for the USA and multiply them by 10 for undocumented and unconfirmed cases

Multiply that number by 5 to account for the cases that are deflected or otherwise squashed to semi keep a lid on this.

So roughly 1,500 cases documented in the media x10= 15,000 cases documented or non. x5= 75,000 cases total (documented, non-documented or confirmed and including cases that might be 'deflected' or purposely diagnosed as nothing more than flu)

link   
reply to post by dizziedame

All I can say to a post like this is yes you are noble but please let some of us know which direction you will be traveling.........

If you go North........I will go South

Good Luck to you and your family......

link   
reply to post by redhead57

Tamiflu will just make it worse. It will help the virus mutate into something even worse.

Thanks Rumsfeld.

We should be focusing on the death rate, not the number of death and infected.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think I am gonna get my scare on and watch I am Legend. When I do I am gonna wear a face mask, Rubber gloves and keep a disinfectant wipe in my hand.

This is gettin kinda scary so I am just gonna try to keep a little humor going here, and I am gonna turn on I am legend! Might as well feed my own personal fire

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Hey, what you do in the privacy of your home for kink is your own buisness don't tell us about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by pcgeek

Hey, what you do in the privacy of your home for kink is your own buisness don't tell us about it.

I walked right into that one didnt I!!
That is funny!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yesterday I watched the videos of one Dr. Al Ott who was making known his findings about the history of these kinds of flu to hundreds of his company's emloyees. Please look up these videos on www.H1flu.com and click "Dr.Ott" under videos. After viewing these, I plan not to take any oral flu drug medicines or any shots. I will take larger doses of Buffered Vitamin C and Vitamin D capsules if I feel threatened by this virus. . .and yes, wash my hands more!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

lmfao lol lol ya u walked right into that one. my sides hurt from laughing. thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

You did make it really easy for me. Glad to bring about some laughter though.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
First suspected flu case in North Korea

www.koreatimes.co.kr...

Edit to add:
Err, just realized I am eating Taco Bell. I hope this is not a bad idea..

[edit on 4/28/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
**You know what I just don't get....the varying information out on this.

If this thing does not respond to medications why all the talk about Tamiflu and other antiviral drugs. I have heard on one broadcast that it will help, and on another that it won't.

I wonder is this confusion or disinformation. **

all the confusion is coming out of mexico. been saying for days that the data out of that place sucks. every where else, the data is consistent: mild flu, standard precautions protect health care workers, rest and fluids seem to be more than enough for recovery.

does tamiflu work? hard to say yet. that's a difficult response to measure w/o a lot of cases and clean data sets. you're going to need to know if it shortens the time and lessens the severity of symptoms, and you're just not going to be able to say that after week one.

this is a classic panic coming out of mexico.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I still am disturbed by the over abundance of deaths in Mexico compared to the rest of the world... Regardless of Mexico's healthcare system there should be at least some deaths in the various countries where infections have been occuring...not saying that no deaths is a bad thing... just common sense. In the mean time, deadly or not this new strain is spreading like wild fire. I check the maps on google at various times and more and more markers fill the places... Not good at all..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretGoldfish
**You know what I just don't get....the varying information out on this.

I wonder is this confusion or disinformation. **

Someone once told me that one of the main ways mind control is applied -
Is by doing just this - the brain gets confused - doesn't know what to believe -
stops questioning and shuts down to some degree. I see this happen a lot.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
First suspected flu case in North Korea

www.koreatimes.co.kr...

Edit to add:
Err, just realized I am eating Taco Bell. I hope this is not a bad idea..

[edit on 4/28/2009 by BeyondPerception]

Heads up, it says south Korea in the article unless I'm missing something.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneInDarkness
I still am disturbed by the over abundance of deaths in Mexico compared to the rest of the world... Regardless of Mexico's healthcare system there should be at least some deaths in the various countries where infections have been occuring...not saying that no deaths is a bad thing... just common sense. In the mean time, deadly or not this new strain is spreading like wild fire. I check the maps on google at various times and more and more markers fill the places... Not good at all..

I'm with you on this. The difference in strain/death rate - is questionable.
It just does not make sense. Did this strain just happen to lose all of its steam in Mexico?
Odd.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Not one front cover of today's newspapers in the UK seem to have mentioned the raise in the pandemic alert rate. That's odd.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The old saying about not drinking the water in Mexico, Im not attempting to be stereotypical here, but isn't the Mexican society dirtier than those north of the border, and if they are wouldn't they be exposed to more bacteria and virus's than us? Wouldn't this cause there immune systems to work better than ours?

It does seem this flu was more deadly in Mexico than anywhere else, at least so far.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by ghostlandseller

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
not sure if this is relevant to this thread or not. but i live in Texas and started having flu symptoms this morning around 11am.

I have had the flue twice and mono once in my life and each of those just about kicked my butt.

i wish you the best and hope you dont have the swine flu.

drink some orange juice and keep us informed!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

I'm assuming that you're suggesting orange juice for its Vitamin C content. I'm suggesting that if you want vitamin C, just eat an orange or two with every meal.

Sure, orange juice has vitamin c but it also has contains more than a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine(vitamin c) go down......

Diabetics are prone to being infected by Influenza. This is more than likely due to high blood sugar which fuels viral infected cells through a process called glycolysis. Why does this matter? Glycolysis can be somewhat inhibited by lowering blood glucose levels. One does this by consuming foods that do not spike blood glucose such asl; potatoes, fruit juice, sugar, grains, breads, etc.

-Dev

[edit on 28-4-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join