It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I had posted earlier of concerns and paranoia of being sick. I went to the doctor this afternoon and they of course dont have a clue. Gave me a shot of something in the hip and a bunch of foul antibiotics to take. anyways so far Alabama is still flu free for now.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Yes, you are correct we must stimulate the economy at all cost. As long as we have our chem suits we can wear them to the dealer and buy GM vehicles

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
not sure if this is relevant to this thread or not. but i live in Texas and started having flu symptoms this morning around 11am.

I have had the flue twice and mono once in my life and each of those just about kicked my butt.

i wish you the best and hope you dont have the swine flu.

drink some orange juice and keep us informed!

Originally posted by tedpi
reply to post by elitegamer23

Yes, you are correct we must stimulate the economy at all cost. As long as we have our chem suits we can wear them to the dealer and buy GM vehicles

dont forget to take your ak-47 and buy a pontiac. they might be having a going out of business sale.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

dont forget to take your ak-47 and buy a pontiac. they might be having a going out of business sale.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

baahaha good times on the pandemic thread... lets all keep laughing together

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
bunch of other links there too.

SWINE FLU: New Jersey Identifies 5 Probable Cases

www.huffingtonpost.com...

uh oh,Defcon 5 for myself...If you see on the news of a man in nj wearing full on chemical NBC gear wile shopping for food,thats me..

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

laughter is the best medicine sometimes.

i really hope everyone who was playing this swine flu down over the weekend are back in two weeks saying 'I TOLD YOU SO'

i would gladly eat my crow .

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As soon as a flu vaccine is made available I will gladly be first in line to get it.

I get the flu vaccine every year and will get this new one as a test for my family and friends to see what happens to me.

I don't expect any more than a sore arm.

It is my prayer that my family and friends will also get vaccinated when they see I don't curl up and die or have any odd occurrences.

Not trying to be noble just trusting in the vaccine and don't want the flu.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Originally posted by dizziedame
As soon as a flu vaccine is made available I will gladly be first in line to get it.

I get the flu vaccine every year and will get this new one as a test for my family and friends to see what happens to me.

I don't expect any more than a sore arm.

It is my prayer that my family and friends will also get vaccinated when they see I don't curl up and die or have any odd occurrences.

too bad , that is very noble and courageous!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

If you are dying, please tell us so, because most of us on ATS won't take any government vaccine under any circumstance due to their history of eugenics.

I suggest you study the US government history on vaccines before you take this...

Gave me a shot of something in the hip and a bunch of foul antibiotics to take.

Antibiotics don't do ANYTHING against flu, I suggest you DON'T take them.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Tennessee has no reported swine flu cases so far. However, state health officials expect mild cases to eventually be confirmed in the state.

The state lab is currently testing suspected cultures. State medical epidemiologist Dr. Tim Jones says his primary goal is to slow down the spread.

www.volunteertv.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
As soon as a flu vaccine is made available I will gladly be first in line to get it. Not trying to be noble just trusting in the vaccine and don't want the flu.

This might be what perpetuates the problem. I'd look at the article:

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I can guarantee you if you get any sort of vaccine you will get more than just a 'sore arm'. They use adjuvants now a days to prolong and proliferate vaccines, it basically makes it possible to lessen the amount of actual vaccine you are getting. Some adjuvants today consist of aluminum and silver, along with the paraformaldehyde or just formaldehyde you are going to get in the shot as well.

Probably a real strong burning feeling that you will feel diffuse through your arm and body, probably have to put on an icepack immediately after vaccination. I would also assume there would be a strong headache 2-4 hours later, and some general lethargy. I know whenever I have to get my vaccinations (anthrax and bot) I am always totally block headed for a few days.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

I'm just not sure. My thoughts were to boost the immune system as much as possible before hand to help ward off. But if you think you have it thats the real issue--You want to stop the immune system from over reacting.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Im not gonna take the antibiotics. I didnt want the shot in the hip but after a 2 hr wait and being treated like a nothing more than animal being herded to slaughter i didnt argue with the nurse. If my body cant heal its self then natural selection has occured and my time here is done. morbid as it may be but how will generations to come be able to survive if their ancestors relied on artificial vaccines when we have,within our own body the necessary elements to fight whatever ails us. My prayers go out to all those who have lost their loved ones. peace

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Originally posted by retroviralsounds
I know whenever I have to get my vaccinations (anthrax and bot) I am always totally block headed for a few days.

yeah anthrax and botulism will do that to you.
what do i know it just sounded good.

retro.... how many people do you estimate have the swine flu in the usa and dont know it.

can you go off the confirmed cases and give us a guess?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
You knew this had to happen, now Twitter and swine flu make the news...

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- The swine flu outbreak is spawning debate about how people get information during health emergencies -- especially at a time when news sources are becoming less centralized.

Some observers say Twitter -- a micro-blogging site where users post 140-character messages -- has become a hotbed of unnecessary hype and misinformation about the outbreak, which is thought to have claimed more than 100 lives in Mexico.

"This is a good example of why [Twitter is] headed in that wrong direction, because it's just propagating fear amongst people as opposed to seeking actual solutions or key information," said Brennon Slattery, a contributing writer for PC World. "The swine flu thing came really at the crux of a media revolution."

In other words... Don't trust the information on twitter you fools... ONLY the MSM can inform you properly.

I think I am a better judge of what I find useful information than some guy on PC World. Who can frankly kiss my behind if he thinks he should be in charge what I am allowed to access and how I am allowed to access it.

Are some people prone to being Chicken Little? Sure.

That's their perogative.

I get my information for all sorts of sources, and if I happen to use one or two that is known for fastidiousness of accuracy that's MY perogative.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Canadians should expect to see more severe cases of swine flu — including some deaths from the virus — as the outbreak spreads, the country's chief public health officer warned Monday.

Public health officials in Sherbrooke, Que., are following one suspected case of swine flu in a local resident who returned from a trip to Mexico with flu symptoms.

www.cbc.ca...

Just an update for us canadians. It's surprising they flat out state that they are expecting severe cases including deaths.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
people must not be in panic mode were I live in Iowa.

Just went to the Super Wal-Mart and they had tons of masks, rubber gloves and such. Lady at the register asked me what the deal was at check out and I said "Buy Some masks and rubber gloves and when you get home watch the news" She probably thought I was crazy but at least I tried.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tedpi

Canadians should expect to see more severe cases of swine flu — including some deaths from the virus — as the outbreak spreads, the country's chief public health officer warned Monday.

Public health officials in Sherbrooke, Que., are following one suspected case of swine flu in a local resident who returned from a trip to Mexico with flu symptoms.

www.cbc.ca...

Just an update for us canadians. It's surprising they flat out state that they are expecting severe cases including deaths.

Well the regular flu kills people too so that isn't a surprise.

Most of the demographic coming in with this H1N1 are not the demographic that is dying of THIS flu. They are students, when the population that tends to SARDS is @25-50. When that group starts getting hit regularly, then some are going to develop SARDS.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek
people must not be in panic mode were I live in Iowa.

Just went to the Super Wal-Mart and they had tons of masks, rubber gloves and such. Lady at the register asked me what the deal was at check out and I said "Buy Some masks and rubber gloves and when you get home watch the news" She probably thought I was crazy but at least I tried.

Beat the rush!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join