It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

By this Friday, not even.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

No evidence of where this started... mexican health secretary says cases were reported at same time in U.S. and Mexico

i'm off...good night . 4am here
hope tomorrow will be better than today

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Update

BreakingNewsMexican authorities are holding a news conference on the swine flu epidemic, our reporter from Mexico is covering it live @RodrigoMx.

half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

Will post more updates as they come accross from news conference.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
just to let you people know, if you think you might want to go buy some surgical mask or n95 mask, the time is now!

my local walmart had 11 boxes of surgical mask last night and just 18 hours later they are all gone. my town has a modest population of 25,000 and i didnt think people were scared yet.

we dont even have any confirmed cases in iowa but people are starting to pay attention and starting to think, what if? a silent panic is upon us!

if you think you need to purchase anything to protect yourself or help you through a possible pandemic, you better get off you @ss and go now.

who knows when walmart might restock such an item . there were 4 boxes of n95 mask left , but im sure those will be gone asap.

just saying

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
bunch of other links there too.

SWINE FLU: New Jersey Identifies 5 Probable Cases

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

i did that today, at rite aid in cortland, box of 7 for 5 bucks... there was one box left

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Good post!

I am making a list and honestly going in the am just "in case"...worst that can happen is that happily,I need nothing I will buy.

Sweet Dreams to all...and I mean that!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

walmart has them in two areas...that pharmacy and the paint section. the pharmacy told us they were all gone yet there they were sitting in the paint section.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Update

From Press Conference Still Under Way

Number of flu cases are down in the last 3 days in Mexico
1 minute ago from TweetDeck

Mexican health secretary says people is dying because they are arriving late at hospitals
8 minutes ago from TweetDeck

RodrigoMxApril 25th, 146 cases reported, on april 26th, 119 cases reported, today 110 cases reported.
less than 20 seconds ago from TweetDeck

~Keeper

[edit on 4/27/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i find it interesting it hit the 3 most populated states first..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Update

RodrigoMxDeath toll stands now at 151 by Mexican flu
half a minute ago from TweetDeck

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Update From News Conference

RodrigoMxMexican Health Secretary says first case was in Oaxaca

RodrigoMxNHK question... where, when was the first case in Mexico.
1 minute ago from TweetDeck

Situation still developping, more to come.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
An interesting report..

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration dispatched high-level officials from several agencies Monday to allay concerns about swine flu and to demonstrate that it was fully prepared to confront the outbreak even as the president said there was “not a cause for alarm.”

An important message buried in that report:

While experts praised the administration’s initial response, many warned that a more extensive outbreak of swine flu could tax the nation’s public health capabilities.

“If this gets worse, you’ll see the weakness of our system,” said Dr. Jeffrey P. Koplan, a former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “In an event like this, where everyone’s well-being is dependent on everyone else’s, we will both feel and see the problems our system creates.”

Dr. Irwin Redlener, director of the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia University, said federal officials reported six years ago that hospitals would need far more beds, ventilators and personal protective equipment to respond to a pandemic. Hospitals never got nearly enough extra equipment, Dr. Redlener said.

“We will pay a very heavy price for this if we get the big one,” he said.

It is a very good article and I highly suggest you read it if you have time.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I am in Iowa too and was at wal-mart yesterday and bought 5 packs. they looked at me kind of funny.
After my son goes to bed with his mom I will run out there and see if the have anymore. I live in a smaller town than you, bout 11,000 so they might have some. They also have masks in the Gardening section too.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

That is an excellent idea. My sister told us late Wednesday evening that what she heard from connections in her job, we better get out and get masks. We found them at walmart, bought all the ones they had in stock, not to mention all the ones left at walgreens and all of the latex gloves there too. We have lots of cleaning supplies/disinfectants on hand from hurricane preps so we are set... And if we happen to not need these masks etc, we will have them for whenever!!

It's best to be prepared and presumed to be overly anxious rather than not ready!!

God bless us all!!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I was just watching CNN AC360 and across the bottom it said 6 deaths in Canada and 1 in Spain. I'm sure I read this right, but I will keep searching for a confirmation link. I didn't read the tread for the last couple hours, so I hope this isn't old news.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
masks are ok. To be really safe you would need to filter out everything larger than 0.2 MICRONS. And those masks certainly do not filter to that level. But at any rate, its a comfort factor for a lot of people and it will stop respiratory droplets at least.

We need to stay away from buying 3-5 boxes of these respirators and face masks, buy what you need for a weeks worth and leave the rest. keep in the back of your mind over indulgence here, will be killing other families.

Again, I would invest in at least A BOX of nitrile or latex gloves.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Update

RodrigoMxHONOLULU (AP) - Gov. Linda Lingle says no cases of swine influenza have been reported in Hawaii

Now in Hawaii....

I am out for the night folks, will continue giving updates tomorrow.

Sleep well.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosce te ipsum
I was just watching CNN AC360 and across the bottom it said 6 deaths in Canada and 1 in Spain. I'm sure I read this right, but I will keep searching for a confirmation link. I didn't read the tread for the last couple hours, so I hope this isn't old news.

Okay...1 death in Spain is confirmed here.

news.yahoo.com...

If this is all old news, please let me know.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Okay...1 death in Spain is confirmed here.

news.yahoo.com...

If this is all old news, please let me know.

it doesnt say anywhere that he died ??

[edit on 27-4-2009 by TheCoffinman]

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join