It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thoughts on cures if you can't get to an antivirus?

Something to stop the cytokine storm that makes the immune system kick into overdrive and is a large reason why there are so many fatalities with a viral pandemic?

I've found this..Turmeric 95% CURCUMIN. 900mg tablets. It is available over the internet or at some herbal, vitamin and supplement stores. The cooking spice Turmeric from the grocery store will NOT work because it only contains between 2 and 5 percent of Curcumin

to prevent

To Prevent the flu:
1. Colloidal Silver: 30ppm silver ,will help kill the flu dead in it's tracks taken oraly, & nebulised thru the nose & mouth into the lungs 3 times a day.
2. vitamin C in Powder form : 1000 mg taken with each meal 3 times a day. and increase slowly to 2000-4000 mg per meal. Your optimal dose is just below the point where your body complains by giving you mild diarrhea. This is called the "bowel tolerance dose." Such doses are perfectly safe. buy in powder form, 1-pound or 3-pound canisters (ascorbic acid form). Mix with water or fruit juice. Be sure to take vitamin C with food that will coat your stomach to prevent stomach upset
3. Vitamin D : adults can simply take 4,000 units a day, or less when you go into the sun. Children over 50 pounds need up to 2,000 units a day. Under 50 pounds, about 1,000 units a day. There is no way to know for sure how much you need without a blood test, called a 25-hydroxy-vitamin D. That test should be conducted in the late winter, when your levels are the lowest, and at the beginning of fall, when your levels are the highest. It was as if the flu victims had been attacked and killed by their own immune systems. This is the severe inflammatory reaction that vitamin D has recently been found to prevent.

This is just partial info but is it any good?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Passengers slip through swine flu checks

Despite assurances that swine flu precautions are in place at Australia's airports, some passengers arriving at Sydney Airport are not being subjected to strict quarantine checks.

AM's Jennifer Macey spoke to some passengers at Sydney Airport after they disembarked from flights from Asia and North America this morning.
One passenger on a flight from Los Angeles says no precautions were taken on the flight.

It's been on the news probably the last couple of days, but as far as precaution goes, I've seen nothing taken, or nothing had actually been mentioned to any passengers, or even in the US, outside of a little bit in the media," the passenger said.
The passenger says no announcements were made on the plane when they arrived in Sydney.
"No, none. No announcements were made by any US airlines or international airlines that I was on," he said.
But another passenger who arrived on a flight from San Francisco, says numerous announcements were made.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This article talks about how Mexicans are not getting healthcare in Mexico because healthcare workers are scared to pick them up. Families of deceased still have not gotten medication to protect themselves and it seems the entire country is falling apart.
We have to close our borders now. I feel sorry for the Mexican people but we cannot chance it. I promise this thing has mutated in Mexico because of lack of healthcare and medication. Too many people in one area for it not to have mutated.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Complete speculation on how long a superbug takes.

there are obviously computer models on this . . . any MPH epidemiologists

out there on ATS who can answer this???

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Wouldnt a ton of Vit C power up your system and make it work against itself if you have the flu?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

look for Veratect on tweeter finder

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

mpoppel@RodrigoMx will be live tweeting a news conference from Mexico in the news few minutes.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

The targeted dose of VIT C i semi researched a few years ago was 12 grams

which is right on your dose recommendation of 4g/meal x 3 meals/d.

Just note that most of the patient improvement to virus was during polio

summer epidemics in the 50's and the docs back then injected vit C IM; this

was and still is controversial therapy.

Also, IM is different from p.o. as it avoid the alimentary canal. if you have diarrhea,

the amount absorbed will be less...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bonesinis

Um no actually, it's hitting people with stronger immune systems. The virus is overloading our immune system and reacting very strongly, killing us faster.

So technically it's better to be sick RIGHT NOW instead of next week.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Update

VeratectUS, California: 20 people with "severe" influenza-like symptoms, some recently visited Mexico, according to public health officer.
1 minute ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
One more thing!

Several venture capital firms have already secured the gene sequence for H1N1 flu

from the CDC and making recombinant DNA- attenuated viral vector vaccines

that still take about 6-8 weeks to bring to market...that's a big hedge.

blogs.wsj.com...

Wow that's interesting because straight from the NCBI site, there are MULTIPLE sequences that have been found in samples, only 1 so far has had all 8 sequences.

Be very interesting to know what sequence this venture capital firm has secured.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yeah its amazing watching the twitter feed on my firefox toolbar at the bottom

flash updates from veratec so frequently in the last hour [twitterfox]

Torrential....HERE IS THE CORRECT LINK SPELLLING!

VERATECT

AND CDC UPDATE from twitter just in:

New CDC Travel Health Warning for swine flu: Avoid all nonessential travel to Mexico: http://(link tracking not allowed)/4Bby4 #swineflu

[edit on 4/27/2009 by drphilxr]

[edit on 4/27/2009 by drphilxr]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Number of suspected cases in Australia growing

Plus

Five people in NSW suspected of having swine flu have come through the first stage of testing and have been found to have contracted an unidentifiable type A virus, federal Health Minister Nicola Roxon said.

I have little doubt this is here.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by naibliss]

[edit on 27-4-2009 by naibliss]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Update

VeratectAustralia, Tasmania: Health Minister Reports Two Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza 5 minutes ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

New CDC Travel Health Warning for swine flu: Avoid all nonessential travel to Mexico:

http://(link tracking not allowed)/4Bby4

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Is this the first report of any severe symptoms inside the United States? Every report I've read, so far, has mentioned mild symptoms.

Also, I'd stay away from consuming processed carbohydrates(sugar), and potatos. Viruses consume sugar as a fuel source. With limited amounts, it could possibly slow down the replication process from within the cell.

-Dev

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Nice to see a Doc in here..Paramedic here for last 17 years or so..now I now who to PM for orders :p

Thanks for your input

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Update

VeratectUS, California: San Diego County Reports Five Confirmed Cases and Two Probable Cases of Swine Influenza
less than 5 seconds ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

My husband is a pediatrician, so I've got a little more info about this. He's monitoring the Hospitals in New Brunswick.

No reported cases so far, but 12 samples have been sent for testing.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSquared288
retroviralsounds, as always it is alarming to hear from you.

Judging by how fast the virus is propogating now, how long do you think until this becomes a full-blown, publicly undeniable pandemic; if ever?

7-10 days. I figure once some of these cases in the US end up in mortalities, and the infected number reaches the 10s of thousands, they willl scream pandemic

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join