It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am taking an EMT class right now. Asked the teacher today(ER nurse) if any flues coming in to her hospital this last weekend. She annswered "OH YEAH!' She would not say much more, but the look on face said it all. I don't think she wanted to panic our class. I have to work a shift next week on Cinco De Mayo wouldn't you know to pass my class. I will give up the class if the next week gets too crazy. I have kids to think about. But if this is still a big story and I do work, I will update what I see. I am in Southern California.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

You better make sure your unemployment checks are directly deposited, the postal workers may be infected and you could end up not getting any mail.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by pcgeek

Sad thing is I can't say I blame them.

How long they will be able to hide it is the big question. it seems to be moving very fast and when people really start dieing. I agree with another poster that the panic could turn worse than the actual virus itself.

I hoped I would never see this in my lifetime. I am still hoping that it will burn out soon.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

One more thing!

Several venture capital firms have already secured the gene sequence for H1N1 flu

from the CDC and making recombinant DNA- attenuated viral vector vaccines

that still take about 6-8 weeks to bring to market...that's a big hedge.

blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Update

BreakingNewsUntil now, there are possible cases of swine flu in 23 countries. In depth coverage can be found at @mpoppel and @rodrigomx

Updated 3 mins ago.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I wouldn't be opening any tongue-licked envelopes in the mail

in the next couple days either, by the way!

(this is overkill, and meant to be humorous...)!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The alert level will likely be a 5 by Friday, you can bet on it.

The VERATEC twitter feed is posting updates on new regions affected

almost on the half hour....it seems.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Update

BreakingNewsUntil now, there are possible cases of swine flu in 23 countries. In depth coverage can be found at @mpoppel and @rodrigomx

Updated 3 mins ago.

~Keeper

what is the web address on those places. I cant seem to find them.

Thanks

link   

During this period, a total of 30 countries from all WHO regions reported oseltamivir resistance for 1291 of 1362 A(H1N1) viruses analysed. The prevalence of oseltamivir resistance was very high in the following countries/territory: Canada (52 of 52 tested), Hong Kong SAR (72 of 80), Japan (420 of 422), the Republic of Korea (268 of 269) and the United States of America (237 of 241). The resistance prevalence was relatively low in China (6 of 44 tested). In Europe, H1N1 circulation was low during this period while the resistance prevalence was high: France (12 of 12tested), Germany (66 of 67), Ireland (9 of 10), Italy (16 of 16), Sweden (11 of 12) and the United Kingdom (61 of 62).

www.recombinomics.com...

China?

link   
reply to post by drphilxr

I wonder how much these companies like Vaxart are paying for the gene sequence

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

I shall join you in that hope.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
"Five people with suspected swine flu are being tested in Australia, with authorities searching for 300 others who could have come into contact with the disease, health authorities said on Tuesday.

Four people from Sydney and one other person from the Central Coast, north of Sydney, had swabs taken after visiting doctors on return from Mexico, the United States and Canada with mild flu symptoms, a spokesman for Health Minister Nicola Roxon said.

Test results were not expected until later in the week, he said"

link   
reply to post by pcgeek

The updates I am posting are from Twitter, if you create an account i'll be happy to guide you in the right direction.

I can't seem to find the VERATEC follow on twitter, anybody wanna give me a link?

~Keeper

link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Don't sweat it yet....the virus is still relatively indolent with a low mortality in the US

(no US fatalities at this time)

In my clinic our support staff are mostly young 20 something women (in CT/MRI)

and many moms in their 30's. No one is coming in if this mutates into a tamiflu

resistant or highly virulent form; if it means a good chance of dying, the public health

response will likely have to go military, and quarantine zones, etc.

We are not anywhere near that, yet.

check out VERATEC on twitter (not affiliated with me) for realtime updates.

I am a physician in the Boston area. Don't panic.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

This one? twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

twitter.com...

thanks just signed up for twitter and think I figured it out... THanks

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chr1z

We will likely never know...but profiteers arise during every crisis.

This is no different. And let's hope they get a good recombinant vaccine

out fast on their hedge if we need one, cause culturing a vaccine in egg

yolk for 6 months has been the outdated government sponsored way

for sanofi aventis and the few other big companies for years.

www.sanofipasteur.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pazzzzz

Beautiful, yes thank you.

I had mis-spelled it.

~Keeper

link   
On twitter the ID is VERATECT :-)

Looks like Mayor Bloomberg of NY spoke too soon today, he has at least 2 clusters

Swine Flu Hits Ernst & Young In Times Square

N.J. Department Of Health Confirms 5 Probable Cases
QUEENS (CBS) ―

CBS 2 HD has learned of a confirmed case of swine flu at the Ernst & Young headquarters in Times Square.

One of the staffers became ill over the weekend after coming into contact with a family member who had been exposed to the virus.

The staffer is said to be resting at home and the company believes, due to the virus' 24-hour incubation period, that no one else at Ernst & Young was exposed.

So how have we suddenly learned conclusively that this virus has ONLY a 24 hr incubation?

And does anyone else here realize just how incredibly virulent this strain would have to be to only need 24 hours to incubate?

If I wasn't before, I am now utterly & completely convinced that we cannot trust a single word coming out of the MSM or any .gov official

link   
Hopefully this will get under control quickly, my heart goes out to those who've passed and those who are suffering now.

Today I saw Dr.Oz he was on some show my mom was watching and he said that this isn't really the "big" one that if it isn't under control of dealt with by Friday to start taking preparations for schools and works to be closed, the one they are really concerned with what he said is when the swine and avian flu combine to make a supper bug, for those who are properly educated about super bugs and viruses how long does it take for this to happen?

Could we be hit with this close after this one passed or does it take time?

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join