It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by JanusFIN

Sounds like finger pointing has begun, the most redundant of the human favorite pasttimes.

There is only one kind of finger pointing I do. That will be if they start showing up at or doors to give us a vaccine. Sorry wanted to bring a little humor to the depressing thread

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Humor is good. Especially right now. Never apologise for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ive gathered some information on mexico that I thought was interesting.
Valdes-Gonzalez a doctor in Mexico who conducted pig to human transplants at Xenotransplant Laboratory of the Hospital Infantil de México on young children. I guess it involed a New Zealand company that wanted to perform experiments but was denied by New Zealand to perform the test. They wanted to take the experiments to Mexico and Cook Islands to bypass New Zealands ban.
Now theres a new company in New Zealand being allowed do the same human trials again.Living Cell Technologies Receives Health Minister's Approval to Start Leading Edge Live Cell Therapy Clinical Trial in New Zealand for Diabetics.

I keep trying to find more info on the early test in Mexico any help would be appreciated.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Might be adding another state in the US; Getting closer to home now.

Veratect

Idaho: Four residents with influenza-like symptoms tested for swine influenza; three of the cases had traveled to Mexico or Texas.

Also, South Korea, Switzerland, & Brazil.

Anyone thinking about Cinco de Mayo yet?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

N.C. official: Swine flu cases suspected
www.wral.com...

Raleigh, N.C. — The state's health director said Monday afternoon that there are suspected cases of swine flu in North Carolina, but declined to say how many cases or where they were located.

Dr. Jeffrey Engel said Monday evening that officials are involuntarily isolating patients who may have the virus. He declined to specifically say how many suspected cases were in the state, noting that the number is always changing, and he declined to say where they were located.

"We're working very closely with providers, and they are investigating cases on a daily basis," Engel said. "It's a very fluid situation and there will be suspect cases. People travel all the time."
More at link...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

FYI - saw a segment of cnbc just 10 minutes ago where Dr. Anthony Fauci mentioned the first isolates of the
new H1N1 flu virus has already been sent to multiple clinical laboratories to start
development of a vaccine (to answer your prior question).

We got an update email at our clinic today, which was just cut and paste from the cdc
fyi.

Common sense should prevail better than speculation.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Lack of Clinical Success, Rogue Transplanters, and Infectious Disease Risks

Much of the meeting yesterday focused on controversial research being conducted by the New Zealand-based company Diatranz, Ltd., which transplanted pig islet cells into 12 diabetic children in Mexico and plans to perform other human experiments in the Cook Islands. The company's genetically modified pigs have tested positive for three classes of porcine endogenous retroviruses (PERVs). Though Diatranz claims that its patients have remained free of infection after one year - not long in the life of a retrovirus - one patient was found to have pig DNA circulating in his/her blood, suggesting a potential infection.

Diatranz's experiments were condemned by the New Zealand Ministry of Health, which enacted a moratorium on clinical xeno trials last year and issued a "xenotransplantation research warning" in a media release on March 7th. The release stated that: studies on the benefits to Diatranz's patients were inadequate and did not counterbalance the risks of transferring animal viruses to humans. Moreover, jurisdictions like Mexico and the Cook Islands did not have the appropriate regulatory mechanisms in place to safeguard public health or monitor patients and their contacts for viruses on a long term basis.

The SACX expressed concern that, by conducting research trials in countries with weak regulatory oversight, Diatranz and other rogue transplanters could jeopardize the health and safety of U.S. citizens.

Mod Note: How to Quote– Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Apr 27 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Update

ReutersCalifornia reports 11 swine flu cases, 2 probable r.reuters.com...

less than 20 seconds ago from Reuters.com

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

VeratectNorth Carolina: Health officials involuntarily isolate an unspecified number of suspected cases and test for swine influenza.

This is the first time I have heard of people being placed "involuntarily" into isolation. Either they are in bad shape or they have a "mutated" form of the virus.

WATCH THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!

link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow this is really interesting for finding it!

You always hear those stories about sketchy surgeries done in Mexico

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

thank you for the constant updates you are a merchant of noble kind.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by aLinkToThePast

Not a proble, here's one more

Update

BreakingNewsYonhap news agency says now that the case is not confirmed in South Korea and tests are underway.

3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Australia: Queensland’s Pandemic Plan Activated in Response to 14 Suspected Cases.

Veratect

link   
All is well. Anyone smell a hint of spin on the end of this?

IdahoStatesmen

ATLANTA — The government is confirming 40 cases of the new swine flu in the U.S., with the 20 additional ones coming from a New York City school where students spent spring break in Mexico.

All the sick Americans have recovered, and the newly identified cases don't mean the illness is spreading in that school - it means that the testing just was finished.

link   

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by Hx3_1963

VeratectNorth Carolina: Health officials involuntarily isolate an unspecified number of suspected cases and test for swine influenza.

This is the first time I have heard of people being placed "involuntarily" into isolation. Either they are in bad shape or they have a "mutated" form of the virus.

WATCH THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!

yikes... any idea what they mean by that, involuntarily?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
ive noticed one thing, the skeptics are disappearing from these threads.
you know the guys who were giving people crap for paying attention to this as it broke thursday and over the weekend.

the fact they are no longer vocal cannot be a good sign!

i hope we see them back in a week or two saying I TOLD YOU SO!

that would mean there was a good outcome from all this swine flu crap.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by retroviralsounds

I for one,appreciate your input and insight...

Where in all reality do you think this will "go" from here in terms of continuing to spread and do you believe it will occur in "waves" ie,that each successive outbreak may be stronger than the last?

Thanks so much!

You had to ask, I was really sort of waiting for someone to ask an and want an expert opinion on whats going to happen.

Start my opinion:

Its going to be bad. Its going to be REALLY, REALLY BAD. I do not think there are going to be waves, unless this pandemic works in reverse order as previous ones. usually at the onset, the young, old and sick are infected and killed first... the virus subsides and returns to infect the strong and healthy. This one is going for the meat immediately, which means its already had peak levels. Its infecting and killing the healthy now, so this is the peak wave. It may return in the fall to finish the job with the weak, young, old and healthy being infected next.

I call for 2-3 months of wide spread infection. I do not think many will die, but there is probably a 10% chance that this thing gets as nasty as it possibly could (i.e. tens of millions of deaths). I do think the death toll will be 1,000,000+, with the infection count being in the 10s of millions. It will be global, the worst of course in mexico, followed by here.

Enough about the virus really, what my collegues and I discussed today at lunch (the only time anyone even brought up the subject, it remained almost taboo all day) is the panic that will ensue. $5/gal gas, $5 for a loaf of bread, astronomical prices for medicine. You are watching the US gov't try to cap a pot of boiling water through, yes, misinfo. Let me provide an example of another case that has 'yet to be confirmed' and will take months apparently to conifrm? There is a case at Bowling Green State University, and the CDC is pulling the HIPPA Dr/ Patient confidentiality BS on it. They will not admit its swine flu, and they will not admit its a student to keep the rest of the students on the campus from panicing, and of course to keep every day operations at normal (probably because of monitary reasons).

The US and obama are seriously, seriously misleading the public here. I wouldn't call it lying, but they are fibbing and smudging the numbers, which as any scientist will tell you, its NOTHING new (Bush did this with stem cell data to keep stem cell research locked down). You can take any stats you see and multiply them by 10 for undocumented cases and then multiply that number by 5 to account for withheld info from the gov't.

What have I done to prepare?

I keep my gas tank FULL... to the brim.

I have 2-3 gallons of water on hand at all times (I live alone)

I have food that is easily prepared, and may not particularly need cooking. Something I can make in a hurry, or prepare if there is no gas/ electric, or prepare if I am not feeling well.

Forget the #ing masks people, GO BUY DISPOSIBLE GLOVES!

I have a battery powered transister radio and flash light, and a couple of good knives and other tools of necessity.

And I keep alcohol based sanitizers, especially things with isopropanol. There is a product out there called Viraguard which works miracles on decon-ing surfaces completely in one swoop. I'm not sure if it is sold to the public, but I would check into it, I just stole a box from work.

If the # hits the fan and people are dying left and right?

--I have a tub full of different types of clothing (a couple weeks worth) in the back of my car, all I have to do is grab food and water and get out the door... and I folks am headed north.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there has been any confirmed deaths outside of mexico from the virus? or has everyone recovered/recovering?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

They are confined to home and can go nowhere. They are reported to have the worse conditions reported to the state.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

After seeing the numbers popping up in other countries it definately leads me to believe that the numbers here in the United States are being purposely stated low. I don't trust the numbers. They don't make sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join