It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Realistically, we should know one way or the other within the next 96 hours or so, given that the incubation period seems to be five days or so. Bad news is that San Antonio is celebrating the Battle of Flowers right about now if I recall correctly. That would have pulled in a very large number of people from Mexico City, as well as from throughout the state.

What we would hope not happen is that this virus gets loose up in the regions where it is still wintry with ideal temperatures for the bug. Look for it to spread, if it does spread, along the Mexico City-San Antonio-DFW-Chicago aerial axis. From any one of those airports, it can go global pretty swiftly.

Does anyone know if there were any international conferences in Mexico City this last couples of weeks?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
I think it is strange that none of the US cases are being reported as hospitalized.
I believe , from what I have read only one case required a brief hospital stay, however I would be comforted by some of these kids from New York classmates letting us know how their friends are doing.

A mystery! Dig deeper.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
I wonder why if more than 200 have died in Mexico that none have died in the United States? I find it very strange that they would report the cases of illness are mild in the United States but the cases in Mexico are being reported as fatal.

What do they have down there that we don't? What is the common link to this being fatal? It's almost like its geographic? If it's south of the border you are a dead man walking. If you are in Kansas it's mild and no big deal? Strange...

Chemtrails (sorry someone had to say it, lol)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Not sure about "conferences" but MANY from Mexico came to San Antonio during "Holy Week" when the schools there are closed for vacation and to shop,the stores were full of people and many vehicles with Mexican plates were on the roadways.
Busiest time of the year for travel to South Texas to/from Mexico...it's also the end of "Fiesta",a 10 days celebration that has a huge parade tonight with upwards of 200,000 attending.
IMO,there have been MANY more visitors here in Texas from Mexico than is the norm within recent weeks.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hmm....

Those 2 people in Kansas that got it are a couple. Husband just got home from a trip to Mexico and gave it to his wife. They both went to the doctor and are now sitting at home, expected to recover just fine. Their illness was described as "mild".

I'm starting to think this may be not as extreme as everyone is making it. Sure it could kill you if you don't get medical help, but basing its deadliness off of Mexico isn't that great. It has had 7% fatality in one of the poorest countries in the world.

We should keep an eye on it, but if there isn't a huge spike in deaths in the next few days (U.S. or Mexico.) then we should be fine.

The NWO nuts saying it is a depopulation effort: Lets use some common sense.

If you wanted to depopulate the planet, would you make your virus so that only 7% of people died in a poor country and in a wealthy country (U.S.) 0% of people died?

Also wouldn't you want to make it airborne so it travels much faster? Plus airborne is much scarier than person to person.

BTW, there is no proof to say this is man-made. Viruses constantly mutate and change naturally.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Most likely have a uptick in illegals trying to cross too. Which will serve to speed the infection up here. Time to leave Houston for a vacation methinks. At least til this blows over, if it does.

The borders should be closed already IMHO.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My friend and I were just reading this thread. He was born in Mexico City and most of his family still lives there.

He just called his uncle at 11:25 PM EST to find out what is going on down there right now.

He spoke with his uncle who lives in Mexico City, and his uncle said that everyone is wearing the surgical masks when they leave their houses. His uncle said that the Mexican government is telling everyone to wear masks and that they should have the situation resolved by sometime in May.

His uncle said that the mexican government is trying to act like the situation is not a huge issue and that they will keep it under control, but his uncle said that he and most of the public down there believes the situation is much worse than what the government is letting out.

His uncle and family are not infected so far.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
www.chicagotribune.com...

I'm sorry if someone already posted this but holy SH# that is a scary scary headline

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Influenza treatment. I have heard from other boards and news and such, that this virus is serious because it seriously effects people with HEALTHY immune systems ...

With this in mind... Start thinking of ways to suppress your immune system!

A half gallon of vodka will do it. Alcohol is a depressant and it also depresses your immune system..

The more depressed your immune system the less your body will fight its own respiratory cells.

yes this sounds weird, and even might sound stupid to some I agree, but I am speaking on experience ! wink hint! ! like I had the infection last month.! More to follow with my experiences.

Also not if.... BUT WHEN...you come down with symptoms, drink Ice water Non stop..... Also focus on deep breath lung exercises to slow down the fluid buildup in your lungs! , Trust me.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Hate to say it but I agree: closing the borders as a "precaution" would have been the way to go but again,there are no doubt still MANY in San Antonio still that will be heading back home after the big festivities downtown tonight and that might have created some issues if they closed it down and people couldn't get back home?
I am all about preventive measures,even if they seem a bit extreme in hopes of containing the problem,it's just good business.
I will note this: I live very rural,@ 60 miles west of San An and HAVE actually seen several groups of what look to be "illegals" walking on the roads lately,something I haven't noticed in a couple of years...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I work in the kitchen at a very well known hotel, most of our fruits and veggies we use come from mexico....is this a concern? Was also wondering how effective Essiac tea would be against something like this?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well they can go home, but they can't come in. If they want to go to Mexico, it's at their own peril. But if they want to come here, we're gonna put you in quarantine for 4 days before letting you in.

IMO if this doesn't blow over in a week, it's gonna be bad.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What a bunch of chumpstains. They won't do it, they won't bring it here. They don't pack the gear.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
I work in the kitchen at a very well known hotel, most of our fruits and veggies we use come from mexico....is this a concern?

The problem is there could be infinite reasons they give us as to why we need to take the Baxter/WHO preventative vaccine.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Amelie]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That would set my lil' redhead at peace just a bit more knowing there might be a bit of a detainment before letting people in from Mexico right now.
Is this something official? I am normally not a person who jumps to conclusions but because I live so close to the border,I'm paying close attention as everyone "down here" should.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Close The Borders?!!! really??? If we haven't got the resources to have kept the Mexicans without green cards from coming over before, then how are we gonna stop it now. sorry not a slam to you but the topic is nothing but laughable. The next few days will make things much more clear as to how this is to be handled. So far to me It stinks of organized Chaos.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

Um, if they are infected it will go where they do. And spread. It is also human nature to run to percieved safety when possibly deadly situations arise.

That being said it may already be too late considering we already have cases as far North as New York.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
There is a really simple way to tell if you have swine flu......

1st .... You get a headache (man, that's gotta hurt really bad)

2nd ... Then you get a bellyache (you'll wish you didn't eat the pasta)

3rd ... You get a sudden urge to screw in the mud !

Can anyone say "Deliverance"?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hum no they are not doing that, I don't think so anyway. That's what I would do if I was president... I would have done that starting when the crisis started in Mexico wednesday.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Another thing i found scary............

Most of the reports said this virus had started showing up around mid march early april? Wasnt spring break in between those times? When college kids would be heading to mexico.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join