It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I would stick with the BBC, Reuters and Associated Press. American news outlets are often about worthless for trying to keep updated with events.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Update

[EX]BreakingNewsThe World Health Organization says level 4 marks a "significant step" towards a global pandemic. @mpoppel is updating live.
half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters[/EX]

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Does anybody from England, remember a tv show a few months back on the BBC called Survivors? Wasn't that about survivors from a pandemic or bio-terrorist event? Pretty creepy now i come to think about it...although i never actually watched it. Considering the circumstances i am glad i didn't.

Anyway just another "coincidence" you can add to the list about this whole affair

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

It is possible, you may be on to something...

The coincidence between this outbreak in Mexico and the President's visit must be at least investigated.

What are the odds of such a coincidence?

This was an attempt to infect the president with a potentially lethal virus?

Perhaps created in a lab by a group opposed to the president, a group who planned to infect a person they knew would meet with the president?

No matter what the "coincidence" between the President's visit, the outbreak and the death of at least one person who met with the President must not be dismissed.

www.bloomberg.com...

Obama’s Visit

The first case was seen in Mexico on April 13. The outbreak coincided with the President Barack Obama’s trip to Mexico City on April 16. Obama was received at Mexico’s anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, a distinguished archeologist who died the following day from symptoms similar to flu, Reforma newspaper reported. The newspaper didn’t confirm if Solis had swine flu or not.

This is how it was reported initially, now they claim that the above person died from a heart attack.

And apparently the story is buried. But it should not end there.

Again I ask... what are the odds of such a coincidence?

The timing alone between the president's visit and the outbreak is suspect.

Given the fact that the origin of this virus is a mystery both the CDC and WHO are as of now clueless, there are NO swine either infected or carrying this virus in the areas where the outbreak began. It may be safe to speculate that it was indeed a lab generated variant virus, so that leaves open the possible motives, and the timing of the president's visit is literally SCREAMING for attention, but no one seems to be listening.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zykloner

Yes this guy is doing some sort of live coverage on twitter, following major news agencies and the WHO of course.
twitter.com...

Situation continues to evolve, WHO will monitor that.
3 minutes ago from TweetDeck
Dr. Fukuda: Significant step towards pandemic, but not there yet
4 minutes ago from TweetDeck
WHO: it cant be contained, already spread
4 minutes ago from TweetDeck
closing borders or restricting travel is not being recommended
5 minutes ago from TweetDeck
WHO confirms there is now a phase 4.
5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Yep, I watched the first 3 episodes... and yes it was a bioweapon killing 99% of people... There's also The Stand from Stephen King...

closing borders or restricting travel is not being recommended

Bunch of retards... we know you want death. Screw you WHO!

Mexico: Mexican Minister of Health Confirms 173 Cases of Swine Influenza.

EDIT: Sorry... this number means 173 deads confirmed in Mexico.

40 confirmed cases in the US.

Mexico: Government is considering "full shutdown."

Total martial law in the whole country... just watch Obama send troops in Mexico.

So is the dumb ``global warming is going to get us`` crowd can shut up now?

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I keep an eye on most major international news sources as well as US ones and several fringe types. You need to watch all in order to get sufficient contrast to discern something remotely close to actuality, and occasionally the differences throw something unexpected into sharp relief.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I opened up the Alex Jones podcast on Saturday to get friday's show, and was surprised to see a Saturday show...

It was an emergency broadcast, about this virus issue.

I am suggesting there should have been an emergeny broadcast by everyone's own mouths about how the elite should not be who the position to be able to kill all life on our planet!

I'm SO
!!!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
These cases are only popping up in different countries cause people are now being tested for it.. who knows how long people around the world have been spreading this since its just flu symptoms.. who knows how many have died around the world before the media got a whole of it, since people die everyday of the flu.. Wow @ how much the media changes the aspect of this.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am watching CNN and Wolf Blitzer just quoted the UN head health person (minister?) saying that the flu outbreak cannot be contained. When the heads of major world orgs start to sound like US... we might be in trouble!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I am watching CNN and Wolf Blitzer just quoted the UN head health person (minister?) saying that the flu outbreak cannot be contained. When the heads of major world orgs start to sound like US... we might be in trouble!

it would be absolutely impossible to contain the virus now

[edit on 27-4-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
According to wiki, Mexico City's population is 109,955,400. 20 million lives in Mexico City. What sort of pandemic goes on there, and what could be the real death toll if they're hitting the alarm? 20-40 people dies usually from normal flu, so that's not a news at all. What could be the real numbers there? Surely quite above 170.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by ShadowIntelligence]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
CNN new say the flu virus can't not be containd and they say it's to late

so WTF where they waiting for days beafore.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I would have to ask who would benefit from decapitating the government and initiating a state of emergency? Who would have such capablities?

The answers to those questions I think would help answer if this event is a bio terror plot.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowIntelligence
According to wiki, Mexico City's population is 109,955,400. 20 million lives in Mexico City. What sort of pandemic goes on there, and what could be the real death toll if they're hitting the alarm? 20-40 people dies usually from normal flu, so that's not a news at all. What could be the real numbers there? Surely quite above 170.

The bbc had a blog of people writing in from mexico and the death toll is much higher... in the hundreds if not thousands.. doctors, nurses, it's getting everyone that's healthy.

someone have the link?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The man briefing us from the WHO is hearing voices in his head!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

Yeah, I read that site two days ago. They talked about more then 200 death that time. Now the official data is more then doubled since that time, so if we're following this pattern, we should more then double the 200 since that time.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Hey but. what was this archeologist working on anyway? and why did he met with Obama? Any source about the purpouse of Obama visit in mexico at this museum?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Mexican Lawmaker: Factory Farms Are "Breeding Grounds" of Swine Flu Pandemic

As Philpott pointed out in his post, Mexican newspapers have been reporting for weeks that residents living near Granjas Carroll's massive hog facility at La Gloria are falling ill with severe upper respiratory diseases. One five-year-old girl in the village just tested positive for swine flu - the bodies of two more children who died recently are being exhumed.

According to an April 5 article in La Jornada newspaper, "Clouds of flies emanate from the lagoons where Granjas Carroll discharges the fecal waste from its hog barns - as well as air pollution that has already caused an epidemic of respiratory infections in the town."

More than 400 people had already been treated for respiratory infections, and more than 60 percent of the town's 3,000 residents had reported getting sick, the paper said. State officials disputed that claim, and said the illnesses were caused by cold weather and dust in the air.

I know the company Smithfeild foodss keeps denying they are to cause but it sure seems to be the starting point. the two children being dug up died in febuary and march. Plus ver half the town there has been sick.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner

Originally posted by ShadowIntelligence

The bbc had a blog of people writing in from mexico and the death toll is much higher... in the hundreds if not thousands.. doctors, nurses, it's getting everyone that's healthy.

someone have the link?

The Link

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join