It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by Aeons

Not sure I understand but you're suggesting that the "response" might be "as if" it were a bio-terriorism event instead of the possibly of less than best hygiene of some of the areas affected in Mexico?

Holy Chit...now that would be alarming...the fact that it would possibly be "dealt with" as such without knowing for a fact that if was one?

Now I'm a bit worried.

I don't know what he meant. While he was ranting about they should have had warnings about these confirmed tests back in March and was explaining why it was necessary....he said it was part of the Bio Terrorism response.

That raised by eyebrows. Not because he's upset about the reporting for health and safety reasons in general, but Bio Terrorism response.

(btw, I have no opinion on manufacturedness of this virus. I just think that his comment was....Freudian.)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
can someone please confirm the raising to level 4 status by WHO..?

Not a one line post

respects

www.seattlepi.com...

WHO says the phase 4 alert means sustained human to human transmission causing outbreaks in at least one country. It signals a significant increase in the risk of a global epidemic, but doesn't mean a pandemic is inevitable.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

im lost with this ?
can you explain what this mean ?

link   
Ohh bioterrorist ok the depopulation of the world has started thats why bush had made those fema camps and 30 miles long train to put your sorry ass in there. ok sorry i had to say that. At first they say the flu came from canada like those terrorist now its from mexico. i think it came from the usa gouvernament they have to kill a bunch of as fluoride in water chemtrail so the rest will be more easy to control RIFD chip ok don't beleave the media they don't have the real counts of dead peapole beacose alot of the dead peopole that d'ont make to the hospital are not counted.

sorry for my english i am not american

link   
Updated google map they claim a real time track but I'm hearing of reports here not on their map...

Marker code is as follows
H1N1 Swine Flu
H1N1 Swine flu in 2009
Pink markers are suspect
Purple markers are confirmed
Deaths lack a dot in marker
Yellow markers are negative
Track H1N1 in real time

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I was wondering when the media would begin to bring up bio-terrorism. Seriously if they try to call this a terrorist attack then i am not buying it. Heck, going a bit crazy here, but knowing the government they'll probably pin it on Iran somehow and then Israel get to strike Iran like they've always wanted. Then again if this was terrorist attack, aren't they just shooting themselves in the foot. Because a disease spreads and it isn't localised, but then again perhaps they wouldn't care.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Kram09]

link   

Originally posted by captiva
Im not sure if Im thinking along the right lines here and maybe someone could help. Many of the posts have questioned the fact that there have been deaths in Mexico, yet none elsewhere. Ive also noted people posting about 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation contact.

So, my thinking is this.......... Lets take it that those who died were 2nd or 3rd generation contacts. This would mean that previously there had to be milder cses in the population that didnt result in deaths.

Stick with me.......is there any way to find out if there was a previous outbreak of flu in Mexico prior to this time. Maybe 3, 4,5 weeks before.

I saw this on Twitter earlier this evening -

La Gloria: This is the same area Veratect reported "strange" respiratory disease affecting 60% of the population in early April.

I don't know anything about Veratect, but that's probably a decent place to start.

link   
reply to post by captiva

BULLETIN -- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION RAISES PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL TO FOUR

From Twitter @ 20 minutes ago.

They have also cancelled the I believe it's a soccer chanpionship which was to be held in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I live in galway and ive been reliably told of a confirmed case here. Its goin to be relesed 2morrow. The person is isolated in a wing of university hospital galway. The girl, returned from mexico 2 days ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Add Scotland to the List

Swine flu confirmed in Airdrie Scotland
TWO people have tested positive for swine flu in Scotland.

Scottish Health Minister Nicola Sturgeon confirmed two patients were being treated at a hospital in Airdrie, east of Glasgow, for the disease which is believed to have killed more than 100 people in Mexico.

Ms Sturgeon said the pair, who returned from holiday in Mexico on April 21, had mild flu symptoms.

"I'm able to confirm to you this evening that the two cases of swine flu suspected in Scotland are positive," Ms Sturgeon said.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Updated google map they claim a real time track but I'm hearing of reports here not on their map...

Yes the case in Sacramento was confirmed but it hasn't been updated yet.

link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
reply to post by captiva

There are immune system factors to consider, however, I believe the high mortality rate in Mexico is a result of the early outbreak when initially people thought they had a common flu.

Perhaps it is possible that the progression of the illness was allowed to reach an irretrievable fatal level (respiratory) as a result of that initial ignorance?

By the time people from other nations had been confirmed as having this virus treatments were immediately available.

I suppose only time will tell, but this seems a more logical explanation for the discrepancy in the severity of this infection in Mexico and the reported infections elsewhere.

I'm wondering about that. I mentioned this yesterday, but no one can provide any information. We just have no way of knowing when this flu actually appeared in Mexico, even before anyone fell ill. After individuals began to experience symptoms, it was likely still not reported. By the time we see the reports from doctors of "we've been treating patients for three weeks...a few dying each day.", the flu could have been in the country for months. We don't know how slowly this flu manifested in the region; only the most pronounced aftereffects are evaluated.

I do recall reading, however, that doctors have described patients coming into the hospital with only minor symptoms and just rapidly declining, many to the point of death after a day or two. A doctor said something to the effect of, "We keep trying treatments that should work, but nothing is working. They just keep declining as the hours pass." In that case, it might not be that these are individuals with long-standing illness, but rather individuals suffering from a highly aggressive illness.

Everything is speculation at this point.

link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by Aeons

Not sure I understand but you're suggesting that the "response" might be "as if" it were a bio-terriorism event instead of the possibly of less than best hygiene of some of the areas affected in Mexico?

Holy Chit...now that would be alarming...the fact that it would possibly be "dealt with" as such without knowing for a fact that if was one?

Now I'm a bit worried.

Aeons may have been referring to an interview with General Honore on CNN during which he questioned the origin of the virus. He mentioned that it has not been proven and thus the possibility that it was created in a lab should not be dismissed.

Troubling but as I saw during the hurricane season, General Honore (a frequent hurricane expert on news stations) is prone to hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
who conference is on now

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Live WHO Briefing is now airing.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

I personally suspect this could very well be a bio-terror event.

I would wager that the virus was released when Obama was in Mexico with the intent of him being possibly targeted by it.

Only time will tell if this is the case.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

I see what you mean: he was probably grasping at straws while trying to explain why they should have informed people and you are right,it may have been a "slip?"
The implication that it even MIGHT be handled "as if" for me at least would be as terrifying as the virus itself...basically it would give the PTB absolute control and absolute power.
So not good.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
CNN downplaying this, reporting just now that there are only 2 cases in Britain and only suspected cases in New Zealand, while not mentioning Frances, Switzerland, etc. and using what seems to be yesterday's numbers about the US.

That seems odd, and pointless.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
2 isolated in my hometown (Wroclaw, Poland). they came back from Mexico and had some flu. they are now waiting for tests results. another one in the city close to mine.

not really a breaking news but it shows a bit how you can spread the panic.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Cant find WHO conference anywhere any web streams?

-Zyk

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join