It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
One other important effect is that here, many mexicans come to work in the fields during summer for our farmers. The reason why they come is because we are too lazy and we think these kind of jobs aren't real job. I admire mexicans for that to come and show us what real work is... but that is not the point.

Point is that it is in the news here that maybe these mexicans could not come to work here this summer. So, many of our famers will NOT have the people to work into the fields... This can cause real damage to some real nice farms here...

And by the way... let's all say... isn't that great. that Free Trade Agreement? lol

[edit on 27-4-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dont know if im suposed to post here but the swine flu has reached europe.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Mexico Raises Swine Flu Death Toll to 149

Mexico Raises Swine Flu Death Toll to 149 MEXICO CITY, April 27 -- The
suspected death toll from the outbreak of swine flu in Mexico rose Monday to 149 people as health authorities cancelled all schools across the country until May 6.

Link

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Is this global or just aimed at Mexico?

In all honesty, judging by the spread, a level 5 was warranted and justified.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Thanks!

It's been a strange, long day.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
Mexico Raises Swine Flu Death Toll to 149

Mexico Raises Swine Flu Death Toll to 149 MEXICO CITY, April 27 -- The
suspected death toll from the outbreak of swine flu in Mexico rose Monday to 149 people as health authorities cancelled all schools across the country until May 6.

Link

That is bad news, even worse when you think Mexico City has 20 million people. It can spread like wildfire. This just feels artificial, the virus, the spreding, etc. I am positive someone worked on it. Lets just see where this goes, anyway, the sheer amount of media coverage feels forced, as if they promote this crisis. 150 death people is no news, when thousands died today of other reasons such as lack of food or water.

Lets hope it will end quick.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Pericle]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm surprised they have yet to raise the threat level. All signs point to a potentially deadly threat to civilization. Some feel this is blown out of proportion but i have to disagree and say that more need to be done.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nifron
I'm surprised they have yet to raise the threat level. All signs point to a potentially deadly threat to civilization. Some feel this is blown out of proportion but i have to disagree and say that more need to be done.

i think we will only really see a significant raise in the level if someone with the virus outside of mexico dies, which hasnt happened yet strangely

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Aeons

So, this is 1347 and Black Death is raping Europe? From your prophetic doomsday scenario, you are expecting 90% of the world to die.

Live in the real world.

No. I'm saying that if you already tend to need water and food, and you know that there is a possibility that you will need to be in your house for a week or two without leaving...that it would be smart for you go get it.

If you are going to have a hard time getting out of bed, making sure you have easy accesss to water and something to eat....or that your children can get at food to help themselves, and they have easy access to water....that is just smart.

Hopefully we are smarter than in 1347. 90% of the World population will not die and did not then either.

However, in 1347 enough people died that it has impacted the genetic make up of the modern European genome. That's a fairly serious impact when you consider it.

Is 2.5% mortality rate that large? No.

I'd still prefer it wasn't me and mine that was in it though.

And your condescending manner isn't going to make me want to die quieter for your convenience.

[edit on 2009/4/27 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nifron

Agreed. It's not time to panic yet, but there need to be more global public awareness since the masses seem to be going on with there lives without giving this story a second thought.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
BBC News and Sky News now saying 21:00 BST

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
i think we will only really see a significant raise in the level if someone with the virus outside of mexico dies, which hasnt happened yet strangely

Very strange... Maybe created for a specific DNA, for mexicans... Don't know... what are the names of all the people? We can't know because of a privacy law of some kind but... that could tell a lot about the pattern of the virus.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i for one have taken the day off work to follow this
ive been txt'ing 2 mates im work with updates, they aremt inerested, if its not on the news it isnt happening type attitude.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Earthquake in Mexico City?

not good with whats going on at the mo!

Link

"It feels like the apocalypse" says an office worker

[edit on 27-4-2009 by connelly4245]

[edit on 27-4-2009 by connelly4245]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
A confirmed case of a 23-year old Spanish student that had a trip to Mexico and returned home on April 22nd, right next door.

There are also another 22 cases in Spain that are being analysed. Three of them in the Andaluzia province, the border province with Southern Portugal.

MASK UP.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toorop
A confirmed case of a 23-year old Spanish student that had a trip to Mexico and returned home on April 22nd, right next door.

There are also another 22 cases in Spain that are being analysed. Three of them in the Andaluzia province, the border province with Southern Portugal.

MASK UP.

spain is seems to be suffering badly, numerous cases reported on the google map

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I reject your defeatist manner. It is not a forgone conclusion, no one is suggesting you are going to die. And, in previous post, implying to another member that "it won't be long till it reaches you" is highly irresponsible.

You might as well stand on the streets proclaiming the end is nigh.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
No, I have specifically personally pointed many times (as have officials I've noticed) that viruses tend to mutate into less lethal forms.

There is still a good chance you are going to get sick. And it sounds like a mac truck flu if you do. Knock you off your feet. Governments asking you to stay away from other people, and work requesting you do not come in for a couple of weeks.

Pretending that something that is already global is going to go away because you really don't want to deal with it is irresponsible.

[edit on 2009/4/27 by Aeons]

link   
"Reuters: WHO revises its scale of pandemic alerts ahead of decision, retaining 1-6 scale but no further details immediately available."
From Twitter.

I'm not understanding why it seems to all be so vauge: either it is or it isn't...I realize that it all takes time to collect and process samples and such but still,it's spreading quickly and one would think that more serious precautions should be in place?

link   
4 weeks ago...

Vaccines importation

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join