It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The media is hounding the white house guy about the archeologist who may have died of the swine flu 24 hours after hanging out with the president.. he had no answers, no response...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
# Swine flu case confirmed at North California school, putting U.S. toll at 41, BNO News confirms: adjix.com... than 20 seconds ago from BNO Headquarters

link   

Originally posted by infinite
Why does the CDC keep telling us we are going to experience serious cases outside Mexico
surely it is counter-productive.

What I don't understand - is how the CDC can say "we are going to experience serious cases outside of Mexico" and not be saying in the same breath -
"we are closing the schools for a week - and passing out face masks -and stay inside as much as possible "
And about that international air travel....

How can you say it is going to get much worse without taking some obvious
measures to make it less serious. I'm agog.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
the whitehouse spokesman just likenbed this to an earthquake or hurricane... is that odd or?

Could be something. I don't know how this guy got this job as a White House spokesman. I've seen 3 graders more articulate then him.

This guy is dodging questions like bullets.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What is up with the WHO press conference, anyone broadcasting live?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

It will create a state of panic.

Personally, I wish not to see panic buying at the local supermarket.

Hmmm....you'd rather no one prepare and just die quietly?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zykloner
What is up with the WHO press conference, anyone broadcasting live?

Sky News are saying 20:30 BST

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Gordon Brown is in Pakistan

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I don't think that is Infinite's point. I think he is concerned about pointless insanity in the streets.

We are not getting clear information out of our governements right now, mainly, I bet, due to THEM not knowing what is really going on. This situation is still too new and fluid. For the CDC to make statements like the one Infinite pointed out is counterproductive.

Obs out

[edit on 27-4-2009 by observer]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Karel Paborsky

Governments are being informed then of the WHO decision.
If they are waiting an hour after the meeting then it implies something significant is going to be announced.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
esults dont come as quick as they said

they say the swine results come after a day but i been told first hand by my friend that her step dads been tested for it and he said the results will be know in 3 - 4 days. so i dont know how they have been reporting and getting the results.

this is in scotland i wont state the city for panic and other concerns but just for information hes been tested with another 6 people.

Many thanks i will get updates when i can, as i am speaking to her now.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
reply to post by Aeons

I don't think that is Infinite's point. I think he is concerned about pointless insanity in the streets.

We are not getting clear information out of our governements right now, mainly, I bet, due to THEM not knowing what is really going on. This situation is still too new and fluid. For the CDC to make statements like the Infinite pointed out is counterproductive.

Obs out

No it isn't. It is better for the well informed to get their stuff and get out BEFORE other people start realising their is an issue and then people flood the supermarkets, etc because they now KNOW that they are going to be in their homes for one or two weeks.

Telling people people to wait, when the things they'd pick up are generally cheap and necessary anyways to their weekly lives, is ridiculous.

link   
There's a journalist on twitter awaiting the WHO press conference to begin but he says they haven't been told yet if it's to be a phone conference or on tv and if it's a phone conference these normally aren't aired on TV but he'll be reporting the info on his twitter page

here

link   
other than the standard party line ," responding well" any word on how the confrimed case are doing

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
They are being VERY carefull as not to encite a panic of the populace..In the white house meeting they clearly said,it would over welm the hospital system...If the Oman was indeed sick that would clearly produce a panic....WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE O MAN???????

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If anybody hasn't reported it by now...

The two cases in Germany (my hometwon Bielefeld) were false alarms!
No swine-flu here yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
149 dead

just in, new tally of the dead in Mexico

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Why does the CDC keep telling us we are going to experience serious cases outside Mexico
surely it is counter-productive.

What I don't understand - is how the CDC can say "we are going to experience serious cases outside of Mexico" and not be saying in the same breath -
"we are closing the schools for a week - and passing out face masks -and stay inside as much as possible "
And about that international air travel....

How can you say it is going to get much worse without taking some obvious
measures to make it less serious. I'm agog.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

Because doing that would adversely affect an already struggling economy.

Having a few hundred people come down with a mild case of flu is better than halting all work for weeks.

I don't imagine they'll be telling people to stay off work/school unless those people are clearly ill with this virus.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There has not been a death outside of Mexico (yet), so why are a tiny minority acting as if the sky is falling? Yes, this is serious but telling the population "you know, some of you might die" isn't the best method to install confidence into the population.

In fact, if the virus is travelling from human to human, you want the population inside and not storming the local supermarket
How many people will you kill then?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

BreakingNewsBULLETIN -- TEXAS CONFIRMS THIRD CASE OF SWINE FLU.
2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join