It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 517
<< 514  515  516    518  519  520 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
A receptionist at a GP’s surgery has been left unable to walk properly after having the
swine flu jab.

Alison Dygnas, who as an NHS worker was advised to have the vaccination, also
experienced the paralysis in her face, had slurred speech and found eating difficult.

Doctors believe the jab triggered a rare condition affecting the nervous system known as myasthenia gravis.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I saw there have been not one but three recalls of the H1N1 vaccine-

health.state.tn.us...

Sanofi Pasteur shortened its expiration date.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hi there!
I cant open a topic yet, but I want you all to know that here in BRAZIL the H1N1 vaccination is about to go on ALL POPULATION. The media is pounding the info that "is good, and people should take the shot"...
At least people wont be forced to have the vacine (that leaves me out right away). I dont understand why NOW...the "flu" lost the false pandemic hype, but still they are putting that product (vaccine) in the Brazilian population.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Im just getting over swine flu, and whoa I can see how this killed people. I was diagnosed with it last Sunday, it and multiple secondary infections. The previous Sunday I was feeling a little run down, but I wouldn't call it feeling sick, in seven days my health really went south. Everything above my upper chest was infected, my throat, ears and I also had bronchitis with head splitting migraines so bad they cause blurred vision light sensitivity and nausea.

I did not get the vaccine.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Its official: in São Paulo, Brazil, the vacination started today:

Link 1

"The state government of Sao Paulo launched officially on Monday the vaccination campaign against swine flu in the presence of the governor, José Serra (PSDB). He said the goal is to immunize some 20 million people across the state."

Be sure that soon there would be thousands of news cases around here.
What a sad day.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

Keep us posted on how much the cases rise after this program. I'm relieved the coughing finally eased up around this area and not as many ambulances.

Did it seem like a two-prong strategy? Were "they" trying to push the vaccine without panicking the public?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Dont know how active this thread is,but seems like the h1n1 is making a comeback in australia and mexico.what is weird about that is this is about the same time last year it first appeared and once again its in mexico i dont know what do you guys think....i got my info from www.yahoo.com keyword pandemic and rsoe edis

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
cryptogon.com...

FDA Attempting to Determine Why GlaxoSmithKline Rotavirus Vaccine Contains a Pig Virus Called Porcine Circovirus 1
March 23rd, 2010

Update: It’s One Million Children in the U.S. Alone, 30 MILLION Worldwide

Via: CNN:

Rotarix, made by GlaxoSmithKline, was approved by the FDA in 2008. The contaminant material is DNA from porcine circovirus 1, a virus from pigs that is not known to cause disease in humans or animals, Hamburg said.

About 1 million children in the United States and about 30 million worldwide have gotten Rotarix vaccine, she said.

— End Update—

One million children have been injected with a vaccine that contains a pig virus that wasn’t supposed to be in the vaccine.

According to Fierce Pharma Manufacturing, Rotarix has been “contaminated” since its early stages of development:

Makes you wonder?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Georgia just reported an increase of 14 deaths last week due to swine flu.
www.recombinomics.com...

I just got done with another round of it here in tx. It was mild only a day or so, although but my roommate and his girlfriend both had it. It took them 2 days and 4 days to get over it. But it's makes you feel like death for sure.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by wylee]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I will reveal the manufacturers that dispense their H1N1 vaccines to Europe and the us what kind of toxic substances are in them. Secondly, I will home in on those substances and expand on the nature of their respective toxicities.

Focetria (Novartis)

What Focetria contains
- Active Substance:
Influenza virus surface antigens (haemagglutinin and neuraminidase)* of strain:
A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)v like strain (X-179A) 7.5 micrograms** per 0.5 ml dose
* propagated in eggs
** expressed in microgram haemagglutinin.
This vaccine complies with the WHO recommendation and EU decision for the pandemic.
- Adjuvant:
The vaccine contains an ‘adjuvant’ (MF59C.1) to stimulate a better response. MF59C.1 is an oil/water emulsion containing 9.75 mg squalene, 1.175 mg polysorbate 80 and 1.175 mg sorbitan trioleate in a citrate buffer.
- Other Ingredients:
The other ingredients are: thiomersal (multidose vial only), sodium chloride, potassium chloride, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dihydrate, magnesium chloride hexahydrate, calcium chloride dihydrate, sodium citrate, citric acid and water for injections.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Pandemrix (GlaxoSmithKline)

What Pandemrix contains
• Active substance:
Split influenza virus, inactivated, containing antigen* equivalent to:
A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)v-like strain (X-179A) 3.75 micrograms** per 0.5 ml dose
*propagated in eggs
** expressed in microgram haemagglutinin
This vaccine complies with the WHO recommendation and EU decision for the pandemic.
• Adjuvant:
The vaccine contains an ‘adjuvant’ AS03 to stimulate a better response. This adjuvant contains
squalene (10.69 milligrams), DL-α-tocopherol (11.86 milligrams) and polysorbate 80 (4.86
milligrams).
• Other ingredients:
The other ingredients are: polysorbate 80, octoxynol 10, thiomersal, sodium chloride, disodium
hydrogen phosphate, potassium
-------------------------------------------------------------
Celvapan (Baxter)

What Celvapan contains
Active substance:
Whole virion influenza vaccine, inactivated, containing antigen of pandemic strain*:
A/California/07/2009 (H1N1) 7.5 micrograms**
per 0.5 ml dose
* propagated in Vero cells (continuous cell line of mammalian origin)
** haemagglutinin
Other ingredients:
The other ingredients are: trometamol, sodium chloride, water for injections, polysorbate 80.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Different Poisons

-----------------------------------------------------

Mercury (Thimerosal or Thiomersal)

Thiomersal (INN) (C9H9HgNaO2S), or sodium ethylmercurithiosalicylate, commonly known in the United States as thimerosal, is an organomercury compound (approximately 49% mercury by weight) used as an antiseptic and antifungal agent.
It was invented and patented by Morris Kharasch. The pharmaceutical corporation Eli Lilly and Company gave it the trade name Merthiolate and it has been used as a preservative in vaccines, immunoglobulin preparations, skin test antigens, antivenins, ophthalmic and nasal products, and tattos inks. The compound is being phased out from routine childhood vaccines in the United States, the European Union, and a few other countries
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here are two quotes from the CDC and the National Academies stating that thimerosal in vaccines is basically all fine and dandy

Thimerosal
“Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative used in some vaccines and other products since the 1930s. No harmful effects have been reported from thimerosal at doses used in vaccines, except for minor reactions like redness and swelling at the injection site. However, in July 1999, the Public Health Service (PHS) agencies, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated in vaccines as a precautionary measure. Today, with the exception of some influenza (flu) vaccines, none of the vaccines used in the U.S. to protect preschool children against 12 infectious diseases contain thimerosal as a preservative.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
“Based on a thorough review of clinical and epidemiological studies, neither the mercury-based vaccine thimerosal nor the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine are associated with autism… Five large epidemiological studies in the United States, the United Kingdom, Denmark, and Sweden since 2001 consistently provided evidence that there is no association between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism… ” National Academies press release about the IOM report “Immunization Safety Review: Vaccines and Autism,” May 18, 2004
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the first quote, if “no harmful effects have been reported from thimerosal at doses used in vaccines” then, while reading the next sentence, why promote the push to eliminate it from vaccines? The quote of and by itself by its mere formulation is oxymoronic and therefore suspicion raising.

--------------------------------------------------------
Here’s a Material Safety Data Sheet of thimerosal:
Primary Physical and Health Hazards: Skin Permeable. Toxic. Mutagen. Irritant (eyes).
Allergen. Nervous System and Reproductive Effects.
Caution Statement: Thimerosal may enter the body through the skin, is toxic, alters genetic material, may be irritating to the eyes, and causes allergic reactions. Effects of exposure may include numbness of extremities, fetal changes, decreased offspring survival, and lung tissue changes.
Routes of Entry: Inhalation and skin absorption.
Effects of Overexposure: Topical allergic dermatitis has been reported. Thimerosal contains
mercury. Mercury poisoning may occur and topical hypersensitivity reactions may be seen. Early signs
of mercury poisoning in adults are nervous system effects, including narrowing of the visual field and
numbness in the extremities. Exposure to mercury in utero and in children may cause mild to severe mental retardation and mild to severe motor coordination impairment. Based on animal data, may be irritating to the eyes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So what’s the meaning of these codes? The pictograms and hazard codes page indicates that T+ stands for “Extremely toxic” and N stands for “Dangerous for the environment.” Does that sound like stuff you want to have injected straight into your system?
Here is a portion of the abstract of a new peer-reviewed scientific study investigating thimerosal neurotoxicity. It states quite clearly that thimerosal induces autism-like neurotoxicity:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Thimerosal-induced cellular damage as evidenced by concentration- and time-dependent mitochondrial damage, reduced oxidative-reduction activity, cellular degeneration, and cell death in the in vitro human neuronal and fetal model systems studied. Thimerosal at low nanomolar (nM) concentrations induced significant cellular toxicity in human neuronal and fetal cells. Thimerosal-induced cytoxicity is similar to that observed in AD pathophysiologic studies. Thimerosal was found to be significantly more toxic than the other metal compounds examined
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Squalene

Squalene is a natural organic compound originally obtained for commercial purposes primarily from shark liver oil, though botanic sources (primarily vegetable oils) are used as well, including amaranth seed, rice bran, wheat germ, and olives. All higher organisms produce squalene, including humans. It is a hydrocarbon and a triterpene. Squalene is a natural and vital part of the synthesis of cholesterol, steroid hormones, and vitamin D in the human body.[1] Squalene is used in cosmetics, and more recently as an immunologic adjuvant in vaccines.

Looks pretty benign, no? Well, that seems to be the case if you consume it through regular channels, that is by eating or drinking it. The situation changes unfortunately when you have the stuff injected straight into your system. Now the substance suddenly is being perceived far from benign. You see when injected, squalene is then registered by your immune system as a foreign substance, i.e. something that should not be there. As a consequence, an immune response is triggered, meaning that your immune system will proceed with attacking squalene
---------------------------------------------------------
here’s the abstract of a scientific study which shows that Gulf War era troops suffering from GWS, whether or not they were deployed in the actual Gulf War, almost all had antibodies to squalene:

Antibodies to squalene in Gulf War syndrome.
Asa PB, Cao Y, Garry RF.
Department of Microbiology, Tulane Medical School, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, USA. [email protected]
Gulf War Syndrome (GWS) is a multisystemic illness afflicting many Gulf War-era veterans. The molecular pathological basis for GWS has not been established. We sought to determine whether the presence of antibodies to squalene correlates with the presence of signs and symptoms of GWS. Participants in this blinded cohort study were individuals immunized for service in Desert Shield/Desert Storm during 1990-1991. They included 144 Gulf War-era veterans or military employees (58 in the blinded study), 48 blood donors, 40 systemic lupus erythematosus patients, 34 silicone breast implant recipients, and 30 chronic fatigue syndrome patients. Serum antibodies to squalene were measured. In our small cohort, the substantial majority (95%) of overtly ill deployed GWS patients had antibodies to squalene. All (100%) GWS patients immunized for service in Desert Shield/Desert Storm who did not deploy, but had the same signs and symptoms as those who did deploy, had antibodies to squalene. In contrast, none (0%) of the deployed Persian Gulf veterans not showing signs and symptoms of GWS have antibodies to squalene. Neither patients with idiopathic autoimmune disease nor healthy controls had detectable serum antibodies to squalene. The majority of symptomatic GWS patients had serum antibodies to squalene. Copyright 2000 Academic Press.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Polysorbate 80 (TWEEN 80)

What is this stuff?
Polysorbate 80
Polysorbate 80 (commercially also known as Tween® 80) is a nonionic detergent and emulsifier derived from sorbitol and oleic acid, and is often used in foods, especially pickles. Polysorbate 80 is a viscous water soluble yellow liquid. The hydrophilic groups in this compound are polyethers which are polymers of ethylene oxide.
Polysorbate 80 is often used in ice cream to prevent milk proteins from completely coating the fat droplets. This allows them to join together in chains and nets, to hold air in the mixture, and provide a firmer texture, holding its shape as the ice cream melts.
Other names
Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate
(x)-sorbitan mono-9-octadecenoate poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl)
-----------------------------------
Can it do harm? Yes, it can:
Polysorbate 80 in medical products and nonimmunologic anaphylactoid reactions.
Coors EA, Seybold H, Merk HF, Mahler V.
Department of Dermatology, Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany.
Polyoxyethylene-sorbitan-20-monooleate (also known as polysorbate 80 and Tween 80) is a solubilizing agent ubiquitously used in nutritives, creams, ointments, lotions, and multiple medical preparations (e.g., vitamin oils, vaccines, and anticancer agents) and as an additive in tablets. Whereas its relevance as a contact allergen has declined during the past decades, it is of current relevance as a “hidden” inductor of anaphylactoid reactions. OBJECTIVE: To identify polysorbate 80 (generally believed to be an inert vehicle) as an inductor of a severe anaphylactoid reaction. METHODS: Skin prick testing, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, IgE immunoblotting, and flow cytometric detection of basophil activation were performed in controls and in a patient with a medical history of anaphylactic shock due to intravenous administration of a multivitamin product during pregnancy. RESULTS: Polysorbate 80 was identified as the causative agent for the anaphylactoid reaction of nonimmunologic origin in the patient. Polysorbate specific IgE antibodies were not identified in enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and immunoblot examinations, confirming the nonimmunologic nature of the anaphylactoid reaction. CONCLUSIONS: Polysorbate 80 is a ubiquitously used solubilizing agent that can cause severe nonimmunologic anaphylactoid reactions.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
==============================
Delayed effects of neonatal exposure to Tween 80 on female reproductive organs in rats.
Gajdová M, Jakubovsky J, Války J.
Institute of Preventive and Clinical Medicine, Limbová, Bratislava.
Neonatal female rats were injected ip (0.1 ml/rat) with Tween 80 in 1, 5 or 10% aqueous solution on days 4-7 after birth. Treatment with Tween 80 accelerated maturation, prolonged the oestrus cycle, and induced persistent vaginal oestrus. The relative weight of the uterus and ovaries was decreased relative to the untreated controls. Squamous cell metaplasia of the epithelial lining of the uterus and cytological changes in the uterus were indicative of chronic oestrogenic stimulation. Ovaries were without corpora lutea, and had degenerative follicles. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
An article from the weather channel-

www.weather.com...

Was it worse than seasonal flu? Yes and no.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

Yeah, it's really sad.

We Brazilians are currently on the phase of vaccinating the young population (20-29). The media is getting desperate, I am beginning to see the lies spreading across. Let me explain:

Last night on a big national media outlet (BAND) from Sao Paulo, the news stated the following:
"The population is facing long lines on health posts to get the vaccination", this was said showing a line of maybe 20 people, most of them being the eldery;
One person interviewed said:
"If the research of so many scientists stated that we need to get vaccinated, we should trust them!" with the ancor of the news show praising the interviewed for his inteligence.

Hummmm...
I thought that was FISHY at best.

Then just now at a local news show on Santa Catarina (second state to the south of Sao Paulo) they said:
"Vaccinations on the young group of the population is way below expected, with only 30% of the group's population getting vaccinated across the nation, with the same numbers regionally."

Guess what was the following topic on the news show?
"Discovered a severe case of swine flu infection in Papanduva (small town on SC), the pacient is in intensive treatment for a week and his condition is very serious."
BS

Why are they so desperatelly trying to get everyone vaccinated is beyond me.
I really don't get it.

I would bet that the 30% figure is BS too.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by MorfeuZ]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
In Sweden there is an investigation whether the "Pandemrix"-swine flu vaccine has caused narcolepsy (chronic sleep disorder) to six people. In Finland there is doubt that Pandemrix has caused narcolepsy to one person. Cases are being investigated.

Source: www.iltalehti.fi...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Combined flu shots became available in my area not too long ago. www.insidebayarea.com...

I got my combined flu shot a few days ago and after a day or two of minor discomfort and some dizziness, all is well. I would much rather experience that than catch even the normal flu, let alone this strain. I've never had a severe reaction to a flu shot, and have suffered no ill effects from them that I am aware of. I've been getting them for nearly 11 years now without fail.

I'm a strong proponent of individual medical discretion, and would strongly oppose any effort to make these vaccines mandatory. I think it should be a carefully considered decision by everyone on an individual and/or family basis as to whether or not they receive this or any vaccine. Personally, having health conditions that cause me to become severely ill when I catch so much as a cold, I always feel safer getting the shot every year.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm surprised that no-one on ATS has picked up on/reported this yet but it seems that Swine Flu is making a come-back in the UK.

RSOE report

BBC News report for Manchester

Schools affected too

As usual, they're urging everybody to get the Swine Flu shot/vaccination. It doesn't, however, seem to be breaking the news very much.

I also found this on RSOE - a report about a new strain of Flu (seriously, another one) in Mongolia.. They're calling this one H3N2 and it was, apparently, previously unknown.

"In the absence of fever, the patients have been recommended to take heat procedures, and baths. "

Newest strain of flu (not swine)

edit on 15/12/10 by XHellcatX because: Additional info

edit on 15/12/10 by XHellcatX because: formatting of paragraphs

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Is there any thing said about the Flu, is it more resistant to meds,is it more viral

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XHellcatX

I also found this on RSOE - a report about a new strain of Flu (seriously, another one) in Mongolia.. They're calling this one H3N2 and it was, apparently, previously unknown.

"In the absence of fever, the patients have been recommended to take heat procedures, and baths. "

Newest strain of flu (not swine)

What in the world is a 'heat procedure' and what good does a bath do for the flu? The recommended procedures of this and wet cleaning and ventilation seems odd to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Not sure if I have flu or not. I haven't been sick in over 1,000 days so am thinking it must be a strong bug to take me out of focus. Will keep this short, because don't seem to be making too much sense in the last 24hrs.

Symptoms:

Slight Fever
Sour Stomache (1 step away from wanting to vomit)
Shivers
Light headed & bodied
Lack of focus
Cough

I'm drinking my usual 4-8 cups of green/black tea daily, and taking extra vitamin-c. That's all I will be on unless I feel it gets severe, in which case I will be going to see the doctor.

Take care, everyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
H3N2 is not previously unknown. In fact, it is one of the strains included in this year's combined influenza vaccine. The strains in this year's shot include:

A/California/7/2009-like (Pandemic H1N1) virus
A/Perth/16/2009-like (H3N2)-like virus;
B/Brisbane/60/2008-like antigens

Wikipedia

The pandemic strain has diminished, and new research indicates it isn't more deadly (particularly to children) than normal seasonal influenza.

“The risk of most serious complications was not elevated in adults or children,” the study’s authors wrote. “Children were disproportionately affected by 2009 H1N1 infection, but the perceived severity of symptoms and risk of serious outcomes were not increased.”

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Some reading for you

Epidemic Influenza and VitaminD

You need a "pharmacological dose" to help with the flu. (Google it.)

Vitamin D3 is the safest form of vitamin D.

A seemingly absurd amount is quite safe as a one-off if you are not already on high doses of vitamin D.
(I just get a bottle of D3 capsules and swallow the lot when I get the flu.)
- A high dose is more than 4000 i.u. daily.
If you have been taking that much daily there may be no point in taking more now.

Lots of mixed vegetable juice is helpful too. It "grounds" you and helps bring your energy back.

And both tea-tree oil and chillies are great too.

top topics

<< 514  515  516    518  519  520 >>

join